Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Tattooed Headshrinker

Tattooed Headshrinker Accidentally Like A Martyr

:biglaugh:

Briskit, JorgeGvb, longdist01 and 2 others like this.
  2. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

That an insane deal hope they don’t sell out

3. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Well, they finally did it. My Lee Morgan box was canceled outright this morning. No opportunity for delay approval, nothing.

4. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Same here...

5. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

6. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah I had a feeling they were going to get severely allocated on this from Blue Note and wind up cancelling a bunch of orders they got. Sucks guys, sorry to hear it.

GentleSenator likes this.
  7. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

This is why i dont even bother doing the preorders with target

Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  8. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

we'll always have amazon...

:hide:

9. hutlock

Yep. I did one small order on this sale (and even then half of my Tone Poet preorders got cancelled) but I didn’t bother with the Lee Morgan set after the whole Neil Young Archives fiasco.

10. Why throw the baby out with the bath water? You’re out nothing if they cancel. I’ve gotten probably 2 dozen+ Tone Poets/BN80/Verve AS series records for 2/3 of the already discounted prices. TP/Verve come out to about $18 and the BN80 to about $14

11. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

this is why i think i'm giving up on all pre-orders, so many delays now unless its a killer deal i'll just wait for releases.

hutlock likes this.
  12. hutlock

I agree—I personally draw the line at stuff that I know is going to be hard to find or very limited because they haven’t come through and I don’t want to miss out... but I’ll keep doing single LPs and stuff like that for sure.

Now they just need to have another sale that includes music!

superstar19 and GentleSenator like this.
  13. Yep, must have stuff I preorder elsewhere along with Target buy 2 get 1. If Target cancels, it’s almost always before street date

hutlock likes this.
  14. Levi's Tubs

This is the right mindset. If it doesn't work, it's ok, get it somewhere else. If it works, boy howdy, you've saved yourself a lot of money.

15. Target Circle offer all week - 20% off all movies.

16. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

I just received a shipping confirmation on the Oscar Peterson - Exclusively For My Friends 6xLP box that some of us pre-ordered in Target's sale from last October, I think.

hutlock, Greenmonster2420 and SJP like this.
  17. Levi's Tubs

I canceled mine 3 days ago, fearing I had little time remaining to do so. I pre-ordered as a placeholder not sure if I actually wanted it. I still haven't researched it yet, so if I can nab it next (jeez, I hope) sale, that's cool with me.

To be frank, I pre-ordered it during the Lee Morgan Lighthouse box pre-order high (which was subsequently canceled by Target), and I wasn't overly clamoring for the Oscar box.

18. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

Sadly I don’t know that the Target music sale will be back. I really hope they bring it back but they have had a few B2G1 sales lately and none included music.

19. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

With vinyl sales smokin hot right now, and pressing plants struggling to keep up, I can imagine the big retailers don't see much incentive for broad-based major price reductions right now.
    Please note that I'd love to be wrong about this.

20. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

It's certainly why Acoustic Sounds, Music Direct, and Elusive Disc ended their standing 10% off sales.

Mike H. likes this.
  21. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Plus almost weekly Target has their own Exclusive Vinyl that seems to sell well , this week is the new Prince album , i was hoping there would be a sale But it is on sale for a few Dollars off .

22. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

If you’re a Target Circle member you can occasionally get some solid coupons. Target Red card also gets you 5% off and free shipping I believe.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  23. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

superstar19 likes this.
  24. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

oldjollymon likes this.
  25. sbsugar

sbsugar Representing Benton County since 2010

It sure is purty!!!