Iron Maiden new album, "Senjutsu" - release date September 3, 2021*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jeff Kent, Jun 29, 2021.

1. The Slipperman

The Slipperman Forum Resident

I think that was the second book. I actually liked that one, much shorter and more focused. Loved the Lynch movie too, the books not so much. Finished the first one, liked the second one, made it about 80 pages into the third and couldn't take it anymore.

Neonbeam and Kim Olesen like this.
  2. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I think it was one of the best comeback albums ever, thinking of groups that return to form or reunion with the best lineup, that sort of thing.
    The album still has the feeling and vibe and I think it still has all the charm that I got from it when bought it on release. It doesn't sound dated to me.
    It was really important album, and it was indeed a step up from their past couple albums as now they had the perfect lineup (that shall go on until the end).
    This all marked new era and journey for the band and it was great that they have done new material..looking forward soon to hearing the new album.

3. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

It’s on netflix i see. Will give it a watch.

4. Gus Tomato

Gus Tomato Stop dreamin’ and start drivin’ Stevie!

Best version of ‘The Wicker Man’.

alakulju likes this.
  5. alakulju

alakulju Music is the best! - FZ

I sure prefer the original with Christopher Lee!
    Must confess that there is a certain charm in Nicholas Cage being burnt alive;)

Oops, should we discuss the movies, or the Maiden songs?

Neonbeam and Gus Tomato like this.
  6. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Chemical Wedding and Accident Of Birth are both great albums. Prisine masterpieces in that genre.
    I haven't even compared them or thought which is better, but sometimes I've felt that Chemical Wedding has been one of the finest and interesting metal releases of modern times.
    I've thought so ever since it was released and it was released in 1998, how can time go so fast forwards?

Anthrax, Stormrider77 and Purple like this.
  7. Count Orfloff

Count Orfloff Forum Resident

BNW was a step up form the revious two albums but the job wasn't the hardest considering X Factor and Virtual XI are abysmal. BNW is half baked album which sounds pretty rushed. It's definitely not a classic.

8. raye_penber

raye_penber .

It sounds like No Prayer Part II - and that's being generous.

9. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Um...no.

It’s a fantastic album, an incredible return and probably sits in the top 5 for me. I’m afraid you are in the minority on this one.

10. alakulju

Actually I have a serious opinion about the Wicker Man movies, might as well say it here:
    I always find myself sympathizing more with that weird rural community than with the puritanist chump of a policeman who comes to spoil all the fun.
    This applies to the original movie and the remake equally.
    I wonder what was the intention of the authors. The policeman looks like an old fashioned hero in search of a villain, but he really is a boring chump.:confused:

Sorry for digressing again ... Iron Maiden to Frank Herbert to Nicholas Cage...

jimhb likes this.
  11. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

IMO there are only two good albums with Bruce; Piece of Mind and Brave New World, and I'd probably give the edge to Brave New World.

GarySteel and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  12. raye_penber

raye_penber .

Um... yes. That's my opinion.
    Happy for you to enjoy it as you see fit.

GarySteel likes this.
  13. rubberhead

rubberhead I've never made a bad record

Well, there are probably thousands and we've probably wandered far enough off-topic; this is certainly not the place to start debating what makes a writer "great." But off the top of my head, in the SF genre there would be the late, lamented Iain M. Banks (although he had a hard time with climaxes). In more literary fiction I'm quite fond of John Fowles and Mordecai Richler, among countless others.

CBackley and raye_penber like this.
  14. rubberhead

rubberhead I've never made a bad record

The idea that there is a "minority" and a "majority" is absurd. First, no one has actually polled everyone on the planet so any such opinion is baseless. Secondly, and more important, who cares what anyone else thinks?

GarySteel, obi and raye_penber like this.
  15. alakulju

There's no such thing as Absolute Truth here. But discussions and opinions are great fun as long as they remain polite!

raye_penber likes this.
  16. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

Except for @Curveboy ’s opinions in the post above because that’s just nuts. :laugh:

GarySteel and Curveboy like this.
  17. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Yep, it's great to talk, comment, review and exchange opinions. Sometimes it feels good to check and think of the whole picture from different point and view elsewhere than the usual, like we all have sort of strong fan glasses on and so.
    I know, I might or I can't agree with couple opinions expressed here but everyone's entitled to their own. I know and you know that Maiden is my precious favorite forever but I can still evaluate their decisions and releases etc.
    I remember when BNW came out, me and most of my friends had already waited quite awhile for the album and so we had certain expectations which were fullfilled, but atleast one of my friends didn't quite get the album.
    He commented a lot of the tracks..from first listenings during The Fallen Angel, he just pointed out how great song Powerslave was and so he kept comparing a lot of the songs to Maiden's past..not sure if his view on BNW has changed.
    I haven't seen that person for quite many years, but maybe he was in some sense stuck to the "golden years" but I would like to know if he has heard any other albums and how felt about them.

Neonbeam and coffeetime like this.
  18. samantas5855

samantas5855 Forum Resident

Huge hot take.

Man at C&A likes this.
  19. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

YES THERE IS!!!!!!

Anthrax likes this.
  20. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I know I can't, I won't agree to these opinions. Never seen such word used to describe singers voice. But everyone has their own opinions of course.

Curveboy likes this.
  21. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

@Curveboy
    Hey, this ain't too serious matter and all the opinions are interesting and needed here, I don't mean to express these replies in negative light.
    But regarding the comment about Bruce's voice, Im still somewhat little interested about who are your favorite singers? Just couple for examples..

22. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Off the top of my head...

Ronnie James Dio
    Rob Halford
    Ann Wilson
    Tony Harnell
    Matti Alfonzetti
    Marcie Free
    Jorn Lande
    David Coverdale
    Glenn Hughes
    Jeff Scott Soto
    Joe Lynn Turner
    Geoff Tate

EDIT: Left off Ronnie Romero and regretted it

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    CBackley likes this.
  23. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Hmmmmm..... no Antoinette "Toni" Halliday? :confused:

Curveboy and Man at C&A like this.
  24. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

You think that's a coincidence? As weird as that whole pagan community may seem, their motivations are not necessarily evil. They just include the sacrifice of a virgin. A term that - as we and Sgt. Neil Howie are about to learn - can be interpret in quite broad terms.

Back to Maiden: Still haven't preordered anything. Still waiting for prices of the colour variants to drop. Which may or may not happen. Will "Senjutsu" end up the only IM album not in my collection? Definitely not!

alakulju likes this.
  25. raye_penber

raye_penber .

Friends!
    The sickness is upon me.
    I just bought The Final Frontier on vinyl.
    I know, I know. I must be ill.

Okay, seriously, I'm softening to it.
    Isle of Avalon is a very worthy track.
    I guess that time passed, and my opinion changed on this album.

But the cover still sucks ;)