Barnes & Nobles color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Jul 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  2. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

They are releasing these as part of their vinyl weekend which begins in just over a weeks time! All vinyl will be ten per cent off that weekend too!

3. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

And...what is the list price they are basing that discount on...and, how does the "coolness" of the colors, relate to the relative ability to reproduce the master as well as, or better than, the ability of the other medium to do the same?

4. marcb

marcb Senior Member

What other medium?

5. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Yeah, I was waiting for that. I dunno, let's say...fresco...? acrylics...?

6. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

I would think that the red vinyl Dead album would be a pretty solid gamble. I have had only one issue with the all of BN colored vinyl I have bought in the last few years.

Jspmike likes this.
  7. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I agree. I just got the Dead.net exclusive version (with black/white propellor pressing) and it sounds fantastic. Clean, quiet and tastefully mastered to vinyl.

Shawn, Jspmike and fmfxray373 like this.
  8. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Agree; just pre-ordered. I have a nice original olive green pressing, but would like to compare the new mastering.

9. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Picked up the Skull and Roses Dead orange vinyl....pretty nice pressing by Optimal if I am not mistaken. Dead quiet.
    I also ordered another online thinking it will be valuable some day.

Picked up the blue vinyl Nina Simone Little Girl Blue done by Kevin Gray...really nice. Also the blue vinyl by the Dave Brubeck Quartet Time Outtakes...really nice pressing also.

Some good stuff at BN this weekend.

Jspmike likes this.
  10. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

BN has 10 percent off this weekend on vinyl as well.
    The GD orange vinyl will go quickly at that price.........grab one before they end up at $150 or more.:doh:

Shawn and Jspmike like this.
  11. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Is there a code for the 10% off?

12. masterbucket

It should be deducted online or store register....no code
    BN vinyl weekend special.....25 percent of Crosleys if you have a few older lps you want to finish off.

JasonA, black sheriff and Jspmike like this.
  13. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Thanks for the reply. I got all the way to Review & Submit and 10% was not deducted from the order. Is the 10% off for B&N members only?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  14. masterbucket

Call 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) so they can help you with price adjustment.

15. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Is the 10% off for B&N members only?

@Jspmike

16. masterbucket

No...it is a discount across the board for vinyl weekend.

passion4music and black sheriff like this.
  17. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

In stores everything is coming off automatically and you don't have to be a member. Obviously if you are a member you save an additional 10%. I start work in a couple of hours so if you need me to check any prices let me know.

18. I picked up The Dead Live as well as Nina Simone Little Girl Blue today at B&N, the 10% off worked fine at the register. Looking forward to listening to them tonight.

fmfxray373 and Jspmike like this.
  19. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

It sounds like the 10% is in-store only.

[​IMG]

Jspmike likes this.
  20. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I just checked a couple of Van Halen records and I believe you are correct. If you can't make it to a store you can always call a store and order over the telephone and have them shipped to your home.

Shawn and black sheriff like this.
  21. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

That's certainly been the case with similar releases in the past.
    Wonder if the market is getting saturated though...I think retailers might be pressing these "exclusives" in higher numbers after seeing how fast they sell out. I don't have any intel to back that up, just a suspicion. There's already 10 or more flippers trying to sell this release on discogs for $60 or more.
    Regardless, this is a nice release- well pressed and nice Chris Bellman mastering

Shawn likes this.
  22. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

When it was available I bought the "Dookie" (Green Day) dookie colored vinyl. Black, brown swirl LOL

23. faceinthecrowd

faceinthecrowd Forum Resident

I completely missed this, and a reissue of Under the Pink (Tori Amos) on pink vinyl. The original press was on pink vinyl as well, so it's not all gimmick. Anyway, it's sold out online (temporarily, allegedly) and the only stores near me that have any in-store are 100 miles away or more (Gilroy and Merced). Discog flippers are charging $60+. Will they really send it to me from the store if I order over the phone, or is that something only certain stores will do?

24. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Most stores should be willing to ship it to you with payment over the phone as they want the sale. I have bought something over the phone from the Gilroy store and had it shipped up to Oregon (I was annoyed because they insisted on charging me shipping even though I am a member and a Barnes & Noble employee and they refused to manifest the record to my store). I would start with the Merced store! If you need any help let me know.

faceinthecrowd likes this.
  25. Tattooed Headshrinker

Tattooed Headshrinker Accidentally Like A Martyr

I picked up the Grateful Dead “Skull and Roses” BN exclusive yesterday. Just like every other Grateful Dead colored vinyl I’ve gotten from BN, it’s very nice. It even comes with the Bertha sticker.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.