Evil - CBS Horror Drama

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scotian, Oct 18, 2019.

1. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

That's not right. The picture looks like full sharp 1080p High Definition, but there are occasional motion glitches. As a program starts, just like with amazon, there's a period of fuzziness that lasts for maybe 15 seconds, tops. Then the image resolves to full high-def. I'm not sure if the motion glitches are because of our 200mbps bandwidth on our Wifi, or whether these services are just not sending the material with enough bandwidth.

All of the streaming services seem to do the same thing - start with a soft image and then get progressively sharper until it's full high-def.

Vidiot and Tim Lookingbill like this.
  2. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

Thanks for the thorough feedback.

It's so amazing entertainment distribution companies can now send tons of data over the air and have very few hiccups in picture quality that I find it hard to believe there isn't some problems.

But then 200mbs through the air tells me my 12mbs $10/month internet connection through AT&T Access account will require I pay much more just to get streaming service as you describe which I'm not going to do. I can't keep up with how much my bill will grow just to watch TV. Too many unknowns that will have me on the phone talking to some faceless CSR, something I've really learned to dread dealing with my cable TV provider for the past 14 years.

Hoping "Evil" episodes will be issued on disc later on.

3. Armjim

Armjim Music is indeed a gift from Heaven

Glad I saw your comment. Watched the first 3 episodes last night and was thinking of ditching it. Now I am curious and will stay with it a bit longer.

Scotian likes this.
  4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yeah, I have seen that. One possible workaround: wait until it plays and gets sharp, then rewind back to the start of the program and see what happens. Maybe it'll stay sharp, at full bandwidth.

5. HGN2001

I believe that works, but then you're watching something you've just seen fuzzily over again - not exactly a "theatrical" experience. Something else that might be tried is to start whatever it is and pause it right away for 30 seconds to a minute, in the hopes that some sort of buffering would take place.

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That's essentially what we do.

7. HGN2001

I just discovered something interesting, at least to me. For a non-important reason, I switched our main TV to use a Roku instead of a Firestick. Both of these are strictly the low end of each's lines. And I noticed a marked improvement in the response time of the Roku over the Firestick. AND - the programs that start seem to be in high-def quicker, and I wasn't seeing any of the stuttering motion that we'd gotten used to with the Firestick.

I'll keep an eye on this and see if we like the Roku better on the main TV.

Tim Lookingbill and Shawn like this.
  8. David Egan

David Egan Forum Resident

No Evil this week. That's...sinister?...depraved?...cruel? What's the word I'm looking for?

9. HGN2001

"Hiatus"

10. ScorpSik

ScorpSik Well-Known Member

It is off until end of August, so I read. A mid-season break. I also read it has been renewed for a third series - looking forward to the DVD release so I can finally watch this :)

MoonPool and Tim Lookingbill like this.
  11. HGN2001

Show returned yesterday with an effective episode with nearly no dialog.

Lars Medley, MoonPool and Shawn like this.
  12. ScorpSik

ScorpSik Well-Known Member

Evil S2 begins in the UK on MONDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER. I think it is on Alibi channel. I for one, cannot wait :D

13. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Very glad this show is back, really enjoyed this episode - quick question, was she hitting on the nun? Cos it sure seemed like she was, got a little devil in her since she murdered that guy...

14. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Well, the second season ended. A real ramp up to the end, and a cliff hanger that I expected. Hope we don't have to wait forever for Season 3! I love this show.

Lars Medley and marmalade166 like this.
  15. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed Thread Starter

I found this season a bit uneven but I still really liked it. I've found the characters more interesting and likeable this season as well. 8/10

marmalade166 likes this.
  16. Lonson

I want my Season 3

marmalade166 and Scotian like this.
  17. HGN2001

I hear that it's filming.

marmalade166, Shawn and Lonson like this.
  18. Lonson

Great news.

19. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I tried watching this series. I watched the first four or so episodes, and I gave up as it seemed to be "fake supernatural con of the week", combined with a bit of interesting stuff with Michael Emerson's character.

Does it get appreciably better, or is this show just not for me (despite a lot of good reviews)?

Lars Medley likes this.
  20. Lonson

For me it got better, there were story arcs that developed and built to a crescendo near the conclusion of the second season. There's a great blend of humor and suspense and horror in the series, and yes, when the continuity kicks in it's a better show.

Lars Medley and kwadguy like this.
  21. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed Thread Starter

The humor make the unsettling parts more unsettling. There’s been more then a few times where I’ve thought, this is getting a bit silly & then a minute later it goes for the jugular.

HGN2001 and marmalade166 like this.
  22. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i hate paramount+

money, money, money, money.

shokhead likes this.
  23. HGN2001

But you don't hate Disney+ and Peacock+?

Shawn likes this.
  24. rjp

rjp Senior Member

all of them.

yes, all of them.

$200+ a month for cable and they want more........**** em.

boggs likes this.
  25. I liked season 1 a little bit more than season 2 but both seasons were great IMO. Season 1 seemed a bit ‘scarier’ to me.

ScorpSik likes this.