FLEETWOOD MAC Rumours -- New WB vinyl, "Gold Dust Woman" mix variation question...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jun 6, 2007.

1. xrey®

xrey® Forum Resident

Not to aggravate your PTMD, or start another lengthy thread, but I'm sure you're aware "GDW" was used as the B-side of "You Make Lovin' Fun" in most territories (except UK, Japan, Germany, France). The labels indicate "4:51", but single lengths are notorious for being incorrect. This might help define the "definitive version" for some folks. Or not...

2. Others might feel the LP version is the definitive version rather than what was on a single B-side, and there wasn’t one version consistently used on the LP!

3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Funny reading all this again. What a giant pain in the butt it was to work on that album. Fun, but confusing as heck. I don't think anything had been cut from that actual master since the 1970's.

vinylkid58 likes this.
  4. vinylkid58

vinylkid58 Forum Resident

Steve, did you work on their previous release as well?

jeff

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

No.

6. terrapinstation

terrapinstation They call him lysosome ‘cause he runs so fast…

Just bought the 2020/2021 Warner pressing, which as far as I can tell just seems to be a re-issue of the 2009 version (says copyright 2009, same hype sticker). So is this the same version that Steve did? Just asking out of curiosity after spinning it for the first time today and hearing the cold ending for the first time :)

P.S. - the reason I say 2020/2021 is because I’m not exactly sure which - the copyright on the label says 2009, but all pressings from 2009 on Discogs feature the Reprise logo on the label while these 2020/21 releases don’t.