Seattle's Best Record Shop for Collectors?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by StevenC, May 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

I did pretty well at Jive Time this time around and the stuff I got was reasonably priced.

2. Riktator

Riktator Surfer of the Audio Waves

Tacoma on 6th Ave. has been my go to for a while now with free parking (as opposed to car hating Seattle) and plenty of good food and drink options in addition. Hi-Voltage Records and Turntable Treasures are just a few blocks apart. Drastic Plastic is also close but I just didn't feel it the one time I was there.

Spitfire likes this.
  3. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Both are good places. I've spent many hours in both. Drastic Plastic didn't do too much for me either. There used to be a couple others but I don't know anymore about what's out there.

4. nancybrooke

nancybrooke Not quite Senior Member

Kevin j, davers and Spitfire like this.
  5. dreamingtree1855

dreamingtree1855 Filthy vinyl spinning hipster millennial

I love Daybreak, RJ is the man. My other favorite is Easy Street they carry some very cool labels including a lot of soul jazz and mofi stuff in addition to an awesome used selection. I used to play West Seattle Golf Club every Sunday morning and hit Easy Street on the way back. Unfortunately the bridge failure has probably ruined that, haven't been out that way since.

6. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

What is this bridge failure? I was able to get to Easy Street very easily via bus when I was in Seattle three weeks ago.

7. dreamingtree1855

dreamingtree1855 Filthy vinyl spinning hipster millennial

Ah. So the car bridge to west Seattle is closed. Huge problem. There’s a lower bridge that’s busses only that’s open still.

8. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

And right next to Dick’s Drive-in.

Stone Turntable and Raunchnroll like this.
  9. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

That explains it, thanks.

10. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

Fat Cat Records is also in that neighborhood.

musicfan37 likes this.
  11. bulletinwbw

bulletinwbw Forum Resident

Big fan of Fat Cat. The owner and his son are very cool. Biggest problem is the extremely slow turnover of stock, but as a place to visit every 3-4 months it's great.

troggy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.