TTW is back! turntable belts arrived-haven’t been this excited about rubbers since I was a teenager!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by emailists, Aug 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emailists

emailists Forum Resident Thread Starter

Larry at TTW Audio (formerly TTWeights) is selling accessories again! I’m so grateful as I was away for a year and my apartment must have gotten quite cold as two of the belts on my Momentus Supreme were broken. (One shortly after trying the table again)

The belts are quieter than I then I remember the originals sounding and the table sounds fantastic. I can’t say if the table sounds better than with original belts, as I cleaned my preamp tubes and sockets in the interim, which was a large improvement in Sonics.
    I got a spare set and I’ll probably buy another other spare set or two in the future. It’s a lot of money to tie up in belts, but I need this table to last for decades, as this is my end game analog setup.
    Here are some pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I'm kind of surprised they are back. I emailed Larry right after they closed, with a question. He did return my email by scolding me not to bother him, because they were out of business. He never answered my question. I got the impression the guy was totally done with the TTW business. And now....he's back??

I have their record mat, center weight and periphery ring. I really like the my TTweights products. They work great and did improve the sound of my playback system.

3. plastico

plastico Forum Resident

I too have his 600 copper periphery ring /450g aluminum center weight. Excellent accessories that I appreciate more now that I have an Audiomods series 6 arm!
    Cheers, Doug

shawnwes likes this.
  4. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani ~ Ghosts (2023 LP)

Yea, I kind of got the impression he was a little bitter, especially with some that came after and kind of duplicated his products. But it has been about 6 years now and looks like he is starting out slow...

Why are we Re-Opening?

We are very pleased to announce the re-opening of TTW Audio. Thank you to our valued customers who have been buying our remaining inventory and requesting more products. Thank you for your continued loyalty and continued support to re-open the business. We are back with the most innovative products backed by our 30 day money back guarantee and Lifetime Warranty.

Last year we began designing and testing a new type of configurable center stabilizer. A forward thinking upgradeable modular center stabilizer system you can be tune to fit your turntable and your preference in playback. After selling 1000’s of center weights and clamps most customers end up with two or three of our products. Why not build ONE product that can be upgraded as your needs change. So that is where we are starting, we will be manufacturing some of our products from the past and new products to come in the future.

5. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

6. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

a picture does not do your turntable any justice. i was amazed at the size, scale and precision the first time i saw it up close. makes other TTs appear miniature. beautiful piece of machinery.

Tullman likes this.
  7. emailists

@Tullman Regarding your unfortunate interaction, I feel that Larry was faced with an impossible decision to sell his business for a huge amount of money but it meaning loosing his ability to implement his passion in life - design turntables and LP accessories. I could see that taking its toll at that time.

Larry is clearly a creative inventor who put innovation ahead of his financial recoupment. There was one of his early products I was smart enough to purchase at the time, the copper platter mat you see in my pictures, to use on the Raven One table I used at the time. Larry recently told me to never sell it, and revealed how much money he lost on each of those copper tops. Even manufacturing these new belts was a major investment for him in a mold that will take a long time to recoup.

I have a number of his LP accessories, an extra smaller periphery ring, extra center weights that a friend keeps trying to get me to sell him, but I can’t bring myself to part with them in case I put together a second smaller analog rig in another location.

The periphery ring/center weight really reduces distortion.

Tullman likes this.
  8. blakep

blakep Senior Member

They look like a pretty basic round belt. Is there anything special about them-are they centreless ground for example?
    What kind of cost are we talking about per belt? I'm wondering if they might fit a Michell Gyrodec.

9. dconsmack

dconsmack Senior Member

I had his periphery ring for my Pro-Ject tables. Expensive, but an amazing piece of hardware that made records perfectly flat. I had to sell it when I decided Technics direct drives were the tables for me. I wish he could design a ring for the SL-1200s but it seems like it might not be possible. I’d buy one immediately.

10. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

One of the funnier thread titles I've seen this year :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

11. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

It really is. Thanks!

12. emailists

13. sublemon

sublemon Forum Resident

seems expensive for rubber bands lol

14. blakep

blakep Senior Member

Thanks, no molding line is a good thing for sure. A bit pricey, but if they are of high quality not outrageous IMO.

Canuck dollars for all the Americans. So slightly over $200 U.S. for the six belt option.

15. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

Audiophile costs are relative. $200 USD for six TT belts is still less than the $300 USD I spent on two Chinese made new production 6SN7 tubes. And the set of 6 belts will last longer.

Tullman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.