Shipping Excellence from U.S. Record Retailers

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by bfackler, Aug 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bfackler

bfackler Senior Member Thread Starter

I am looking for advice on Record Retailers that do an excellent job of packing cds and box sets for shipping. I am so tired of getting orders from Amazon that are dented, and smashed. Amazon has nice prices and great customer service, but their shipping packaging is TERRIBLE. They put the item in any kind of paper or plastic bag and ship it out the door. I'd rather pay more and get my items in new condition.

2. bridgeless

bridgeless Forum Resident

Acoustic sounds generally does and excellent job, and I’ve also had a good experiences with Plaid Room Records.

sharedon likes this.
  3. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

I would say that Elusive Disc, Acoustic Sounds, and Elusive Disc have the best packaging. Items are hand picked and packaged with the most appropriate packaging.

I would argue that Amazon does generally have really good packaging if the records are packaged according to their normal practices. The records are placed in mailers before they are warehoused. That being said, if items are picked directly off the dock, to meet the 2-day delivery of Prime, all bets are off. And with delays from pressing plants being over capacity, this has been common since the pandemic where initially record orders were cancelled to allow more warehousing of medical and disinfecting products. Normally you'd only see this during the holiday season.

4. sillycornelius

sillycornelius Forum Resident

Plaid Room and The In Groove are both top notch.

5. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

Dusty Groove in Chicago has superb packaging and customer service.
    If I place an order on Sunday, I'll generally have it by Wednesday.

6. jacchank

jacchank Forum Resident

reckless records in chicago....both cd's and vinyl

7. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

:wave:

Who sends LPs in professional, superior, rectangular shaped corner-protecting cardboard record mailers with filler pads? This guy, that's who (CDs and box sets also packed to perfection.) Satisfaction guaranteed. :thumbsup:

8. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I live near Bull Moose, so I have never ordered on line, but they have a great reputation.

9. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

Bull Moose knows about shipping LPs but are clueless with CDs, especially with box sets.
    I had a few CDs that arrived damaged due to improper packaging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.