The Eagles MOFI One Step

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Beatleboy1968, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I read somewhere that the first 2 this year, the last 4 next year.

James Shines and bajaed like this.
  2. reddyempower

reddyempower Forum Resident

Thank you for posting. Huge eye opener though much was OMH

3. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I agree. If you’re postulating theorems and thinking about math and physics you’re no where close to my state of mind when I’m in my listening room. I have an original Asylum pressing of the debut that’s among the best recordings I’ve ever heard. I don’t have a CD or SACD that can match it. I hope the UD1S can touch it.

With all due respect to Mr. Nyquist, he never devised a way to measure emotion or the many other intangibles that make up a listening experience. Maybe that’s why many think digital sounds sterile and analytical.

This recording is so organic in AAA it’s insane. This UD1S has it's work cut out for it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    marcb and SpinIt like this.
  4. jmcecil

jmcecil Analog Jitter

Just got my shipping notice for The Eagles - The Eagles.

5. jmcecil

jmcecil Analog Jitter

hmm ... I got a follow up email. Color me confused. I thought Desperado was later this month?

[​IMG]

YCC likes this.
  6. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

So, is it shipping yet?

7. jmcecil

jmcecil Analog Jitter

can you read the post just before yours

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  8. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Reading is hard, ya know... :D

9. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Yes I can read it. The poster said he was confused so I was seeking clarification on Desperado. Wondering if that partial screenshot could have been for SACD's? Have seen no other posts regarding both shipping.

10. jmcecil

jmcecil Analog Jitter

This thread is one step right? Anyhow, both shipped according to the email I received. I was confused because the story up until then was that The Eagles would ship end of August and Desperado mid Sep. But, both are shown as shipped and my online order says fulfilled or complete or something like that. I'll know for sure Tuesday!

bajaed likes this.
  11. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Has anyone else received shipping notice on one or both of these?

12. BHoward1119

BHoward1119 New Member

I got shipping info for both also, they should be arriving tomorrow.

13. jmcecil

jmcecil Analog Jitter

Shipping questions have been answered by the FedEx guy...
    [​IMG]

supermd, dman23, FashionBoy and 13 others like this.
  14. jmcecil

jmcecil Analog Jitter

And just for general info Desperado is 818 and Eagles is 1016. I ordered within the 1st hour of the link being available.

poe_man likes this.
  15. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

Toss them on and let us know how they sound!

PdB73 and Chemguy like this.
  16. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Very strange. After seeing the above post, I called Music Direct to confirm my order, billing info and check on shipping. The rep said that not only have they not shipped any Eagles One Steps he was 1,000% sure they were not even in the warehouse. They share the same warehouse with Mofi and he said he'd definitely know if the product was there.
    Said he had gotten a couple other calls about the same thing.
    Could the items pictured above be test pressings shipped by mistake or?????

I suppose the rep I spoke to could be misinformed but he seemed quite sure of what he was saying.

17. jmcecil

jmcecil Analog Jitter

That will happen this evening :bdance:

Fruff76 likes this.
  18. jmcecil

jmcecil Analog Jitter

I ordered from Mofi, not music direct. They don't look like test pressings. They are numbered.

19. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

test pressing ls more than likely wouldve not been the entire package, shrinkwrapped. Most likely just records in white sleeves

jmcecil likes this.
  20. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Crazy, that would be quite the misdirection by MD if Mofi customers are already in possession of both and they are claiming none are in stock and can't even give an estimated ship date for ST.

supermd likes this.
  21. jmcecil

jmcecil Analog Jitter

Not sure I follow? As far as I know Mofi has always shipped their allocation first. MD as the warehouse gets the 2nd allocation. I wouldn't doubt if AcousticSounds and the rest of the brick and mortars got theirs at the same time as MD. It's why I order from Mofi. I had an overallocated pre-order get cancelled. Lesson learned.

22. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Yes I agree with you. Just saying that an MD rep told me that there were definitely no Eagles in the warehouse for Mofi or MD to ship.
    Very happy you got yours, I just found it odd they would say that when you have recieved an email and the product. I would think other Mofi customers have as well.

supermd likes this.
  23. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I find this exciting and scary at the same time. When I preordered through Music Direct I never expected they might end up shipping at the same time. That’ll be a big hit on the credit card and will definitely attract my wife’s attention.

One UD1S here and there is already pushing it a bit. I’ll just have her work an extra shift. That oughtta smooth things over.

FashionBoy, djost and Jellis77 like this.
  24. jmcecil

jmcecil Analog Jitter

:D yeah ... works every time! :unhunh:

Fruff76 and sonofjim like this.
  25. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

Just tell her it’s cost avoidance because they’ll be twice as much next year.

Tullman and sonofjim like this.