Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

One thing AEW has started doing that the WWE does and it needs to stop is playing someone's music when they are making a save during a beatdown. Babyfaces shouldn't be waiting on their music to cue to save another babyface. That's a horrible trend in wrestling.

2. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I'd rather see Owens in a faction with 2.0

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. jmobrien68

Based on the news of KO's contract being up at the end of the year... that pop-up powerbomb that Jericho delivered to MJF can be viewed in a whole new light.

Sammy Banderas and Matthew Tate like this.
  4. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

5. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Could not agree more. Doing it once in a while is okay, but they do it all the time and it ruins the effect. Granted, the sound of Austin's glass shattering would always cause a huge pop back in the day rather than him just running out there to no music, but it makes the overall product feel overly scripted and planned. And I get it, in the 21st century, they do not try to hide the fact anymore that it's a work, but it would be nice if certain elements of realism were retained.

Thwacko, WarEagleRK and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. WarEagleRK

Sammy Banderas and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I'm shocked he didn't jump all over that offer!

8. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Well, Vince did that in the early 90's when he took an all-world talent like Randy Savage out of the ring for long stretches several times, because, ya know, having one of your best in-ring performers doing color commentary makes a lot more sense than having him doing his thing in the ring. I swear, Vince has succeeded in spite of himself.

9. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

he said macho man was too old to be full time anymore

10. Rough&Rowdy

Rough&Rowdy Forum Resident

Vince is out of his mind. Savage had plenty of gas in the tank and could've had great feuds with the likes of HBK, Bret etc in the mid-90s.
    Savage's voice is unique and memorable and he was a legendary promo, but the voice wasn't built for commentary at all.

His match Vs HBK in Sheffield in the UK in 1992 showed how good he still was and showed the potential he had with the younger guys.

11. WarEagleRK

Bret vs Savage could/should have main evented Wrestlemania 9 for the title instead of Bret vs Yokozuna.

12. Matthew Tate

I agree, was just stating that's what had happened with macho man

13. jmobrien68

Man... if they would have put Bobby Fish in that role as Keith Lee's manager... $$$ IMO.

WarEagleRK and Matthew Tate like this.
  14. Matthew Tate

and fish is about 10 tears older than cole so it would let him rest up a bit

15. jmobrien68

Fish looked to be in really bad physical shape last time he was in the ring... I always though he had a perfect voice and acumen to be a great manager or a heel commentator.

16. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Decent show last night. My DVR is set up to always record Smackdown, but last night and luckily I noticed it in time, it was not set to record because they titled the episode "Super Smackdown". I wonder how many DVR viewers WWE lost last night because they were being cute with the title. And next week Smackdown is here locally in Knoxville. It really inspires you to want to go when you know it's not going to be "Super". I guess "Sorry Smackdown" should be the name next week.

Anyway, expect the biggest pop ever for local hero Bianca Belair and I imagine the Demon will be joined by our Mayor Kane.

MikeInFla likes this.
  17. WarEagleRK

Pac vs Andrade on AEW last night is worth checking out if you missed it.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Thanks will try and check it out this morning before college football starts.

19. Matthew Tate

Yes it was. Corny will hate it but it was a 4 star match

WarEagleRK and MikeInFla like this.
  20. jmobrien68

Big E is the WWE champ... Moments like this make all of the suffering as a wwe fan worth it.

Sammy Banderas, JCRW and Matthew Tate like this.
  21. MYQ1

MYQ1 Forum Resident

Most recently I've been watching SWE Fury but they seem to be having issues & may be no more.
    Hard to run a small promotion lately.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

That's the thing about WWE, when it's bad it's REALLY BAD (Charlotte Flair having to feud with Alexa Bliss and a possessed doll). When it's good, it's really good (Sounds like Big E was waiting for his moment to have the belt and he finally got it). The issue they are going to continue to have as time goes on is the bad content is going to increase more and more with the decisions being made at present.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. WarEagleRK

It's cool that Big E got the belt. However with 2 "world" titles for pretty much the last 20 years it has watered down the title. The "you deserve it" runs have less value when eventually every decent named star gets a run.

Matthew Tate, MikeInFla and JCRW like this.
  24. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Agreed, now is the time for WWE to go back to one belt for each respective division. They have how many belts currently? I see 21 belts... WAY too many. I would say they need to remove the Raw/Smackdown lottery concept and have the talent on each brand go back to working on both platforms. That would hopefully separate the good talent from the forgettable and it should also eliminate the problem of the same people working together for an eternity and bring some fresh feuds into play. Casualties will obviously come into play, but those talent can make the choice to work harder and build their image to get back on the program or they can move on to AEW or another promotion.

Matthew Tate and MikeInFla like this.
  25. jmobrien68

Well... since they advertised on Raw last night that the next draft is starting on October 1st, safe to say, this ain't happening.

Matthew Tate likes this.