Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Before vinyl took off Drag City would have an $8 weekly vinyl deal. I picked up some good stuff. We used to have a Drag City thread here.

Just found the thread and see that you were there too. :)

Drag City's Deal of the Week thread

Wow, can't believe thats been 10 years.

2. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I snagged this one. I have a handful of Blackmore's Night releases from over the years, none on vinyl though. This price is like finding in the B&N 50% off bin, and it happens to be yellow vinyl. Thanks for the lead!

black sheriff and latheofheaven like this.
  4. Dunedin

Dunedin Forum Resident

Greenalishi, latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  5. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Mine is scheduled for Thursday delivery , I really expected this one to get cancelled

sennj, Greenalishi and latheofheaven like this.
  6. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers - Witch Doctor - Blue Note Tone Poet $22.60

7. BRush

BRush Senior Member

latheofheaven likes this.
  8. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Now just slightly overpriced

Jerry, hutlock, GentleSenator and 2 others like this.
  9. Beeg

Beeg Forum Resident

Mastadon - Medium Rarities - $13.13

Pretty sure this has been on the thread before, but the price is right for a 16 track two LP pink vinyl release that has Cut… from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, the second best intro to a movie ever (The first being Kentucky Fried Movie with “The popcorn you’re eating has been pissed in. Story at 11:00.”)

10. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

:righton:

11. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

12. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Here's hoping. I almost ordered this when Run Out Groove was offering it, but talked myself at the time. This is a 2nd chance, at a considerably lower price.

popscene, hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  13. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Man. I DID order it from Run Out Groove and it was delayed several months (I just got it in the mail from them YESTERDAY—ordered in February!) and yeah, double the price. Kinda salty now, wish I had waited…

EDIT: that said, I think there was a single LP edition as well, so please report back with what you get!

popscene and latheofheaven like this.
  14. karmapolice

karmapolice Forum Resident

target has same price at upc matches 3lp version.

black sheriff and latheofheaven like this.
  15. So ... did anybody here latch onto the deal when the recent Metallica 2-LP was briefly offered on August 22nd @ $8.29?

If so, has it shipped yet?

After several people exclaimed that the 2-LP set quickly went back up to $22.00 (or there about), I looked in my cart (where I had placed a copy - I temporarily forgot about it) and it surprisingly held to the $8.29 quote. I was able to go through the process to secure the LP at that ridiculously low price of $8.29 - Amazon deducted the funds from my bank account yesterday. No indication of actual shipment yet, but the projected date of delivery is October 6.

The present listing has a 1 to 2 month wait for the availability to purchase it @ $22.49 (replenish the supply [?]).

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  16. Yes. I got the deal. It has shipped and it is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday.

17. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Same here on the slated Tuesday arrival (though haven’t gotten shipping notification yet).

18. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Strange mines saying sept 28, either way confident it will eventually arrive

19. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

My $8.29 Black Album is due to arrive on Sept. 23rd

latheofheaven and Boomy like this.
  20. soam

soam Forum Resident

My $8 Black Album arrived yesterday. Only had time to listen to the first couple of songs but it sounds fantastic.

21. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

8 bucks for the Black Album--that's like stealing!!! Nice!

bru87tr, fretter and latheofheaven like this.
  22. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

My Black Album also arrived yesterday.

latheofheaven and dusttones like this.
  23. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Oh yeah! I posted a picture of the Brown Swirl vinyl earlier here. And yes, I definitely grabbed it. I'm not much of a Metallica fan because from what I've heard just about every album has the same chuga-chuga-chuga-BAM, etc., which kinda bores me to death. But, the songwriting and arrangements on this one are very different, and surprisingly I really like the album. The sound quality is excellent. I was listening the other day and I was quite amazed at the dynamics of it. Most definitely way above average mastering. HIGHLY recommended! :righton:

sennj, aoxomoxoa, Greenalishi and 4 others like this.
  24. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

I may be in the “camp” that lost interest after the Black album, but to say that they put out the same album over and over again is completely wrong. They certainly aren’t AC/DC (who I am a fan of).