"Vinyl Me Please" Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Hogues, Apr 7, 2019.

1. buddhafish

buddhafish Active Member

Received my copy of 'Pachyman - the return of..' today, .After mising out on the Wailing Wailers press I had to go for the next Reggae/Dub option..
    Sadly, the disc is very, very warped. Anyone else out here with this issue? Does VMP offer replacements for this type of issue?

2. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

My copy of Alan Shorter Orgasm was slightly warped, I submitted a ticket through their CS/ Zendesk application on their site Friday and they shipped out a replacement today.

Super simple to do on mobile too.

buddhafish likes this.
  3. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

Anyone else anxious to know what Octobers are?

4. buddhafish

buddhafish Active Member

Thanks for the tip, I did just that. :)

5. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

[​IMG]

This must be the Philly Sound anthology?

gabbleratchet7 likes this.
  6. buddhafish

buddhafish Active Member

... Philly Sound

RobCos02330 likes this.
  7. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

8. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

It's probably this...

Legendary Music Label Philadelphia International Records Celebrates 50th Anniversary In 2021

VMP (Vinyl Me, Please) in conjunction with Legacy Recordings will partner on VMP Anthology: The Story of Philadelphia International, an exclusive vinyl box set celebrating the renowned Philly Soul label coming in 2021. The Story of Philadelphia International reinvents the box set experience to take listeners on a sequential journey told across eight albums remastered from their original tapes and paired with liner notes and an exclusive podcast interview series in celebration of the label’s 50th anniversary.

9. bjlefebvre

bjlefebvre Forum Resident

Anyone heard any of the latest batch? I'm scheduled to receive mine in the mail tomorrow. Reviews on Discogs, though few, seem positive so far for PE, Wu Tang and Lee Morgan titles.

bruinuclafan likes this.
  10. t4t3r

t4t3r Forum Resident

Seen some reported static issues again for Wu but seems to be less cases although not many people have received their orders yet.

11. Hardiman

Hardiman Forum Resident

I’ve received mine, Wu and Lee Morgan, Morgan sounds fantastic as expected. Wu is no audiophile record, but it’s the best I’ve heard it.

12. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Considering the Wu was essentially recorded most likely in someone’s basement, I hope people can temper their expectations. Can’t wait for the nostalgic trip

13. keylime_5

keylime_5 Forum Resident

Yeah I got right channel noise on my Wu-Tang Clan record Side 1 just like the Mars Volta. Requested a replacement. Mastering sounds excellent though.

14. Swordsandchains

My box of all 4 were scheduled to be delivered today but not marked as In Transit, Arriving Late

SIGH

bjlefebvre likes this.
  15. Kenny Lagers

Kenny Lagers good ears beat good gear

16. Rkellner

Rkellner Forum Resident

17. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

My order arrived. I had a few cocktails in me so I was probably less annual.

Wu-Tang: 8 Sound / 9 Packaging / 9 Pressing Quality - There may have a been a few areas of noise but overall a great pressing.
    Public Enemy: 8.5 Sound / 9.5 Packaging / 9 Pressing Quality - There may have a been a few areas of noise but overall a great pressing.
    Lee Morgan: 9 Sound / 9.5 Packaging / 10 Pressing Quality
    Saba: 8 Sound / 9.5 Packaging / 9.5 Pressing Quality

I have an OG pressing of Wu-Tang and this one is a decent improvement in overall SQ. It's a grimy sounding album but it grime shines with this pressing. It's much better than the recent reissues.

Juggsnelson and bjlefebvre like this.
  18. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

On the Vinyl Me Please Reddit, people are guessing, accurately, I think, that two of the next three country albums of the month are Gram Parsons’s Grievous Angel and Buck Owens’s Live at Carnegie Hall. Not sure what the October country album is, but it may be a dreaded modern country album.

eddiel, Juggsnelson and mikemoon like this.
  19. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

From what I saw of guesses for next month's country ROTM, it might be Sam Hunt...

20. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

Yuck.

21. Swordsandchains

easy swap

22. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

Oh wow ... would love for VMP to do Grievous Angel

23. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Better than his brother Mike. ;)

24. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

Pretty much a lock given the hints. I'm hoping they go all out with some embossing and presentation.

Spencer R and Mike H. like this.
  25. bjlefebvre

bjlefebvre Forum Resident

I have 10 minutes free before my next work meeting and will request VMP do Waylon Jennings' Dreaming My Dream for country track. I've been meaning to do that for a while.