Australia not accepting Air Mail packages at the moment.

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by quicksrt, Sep 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member Thread Starter

At least last week, my wonderful LP sold to Aust. buyer was rejected by the USPS. Online I found a notice that due to new rise in cv-19 infections, they (Aust Post) were clamping down and not even taking packages sent from the US unless they were sent Priority Mail which I think is starting at $55.

I don't understand why they would accept Priority but not First Class, but anyway, I'm holding a nice semi-expensive LP for a buyer. I hope they don't get sick of waiting and just cancel the order.

USPS Suspends Package Services to Australia Due to COVID-19 Outbreak

ispace likes this.
  2. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

We gotta flatten the curve :)

3. PunkSaxMix

PunkSaxMix free yourself from apathy

I have been feeling guilty for all nonessential orders that tax the crumbling UPS structure.

Medical equipment, yes I had to have. But music? Maybe--if you count mental health as essential!

scobb likes this.
  4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

The bigger question is why the USPS structure is crumbling. If people won't come back to work, hire someone else. People are still looking for jobs.

5. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member Thread Starter

Their budget is spent, and they can't hire more people until their pension costs decrease as retirees start to drop dead at a faster rate. They have to work out from the hole they are in for over-extending themselves with high pension payments demanded by union contracts. This has been a problem for almost a decade. They will be short-staffed and underfunded for a while. Not forever, but a good while yet.

6. Ash76

Ash76 Wait actually yeah no

I ordered a record off eBay from the US about 6 weeks ago. Arrived in Australia within about 10 days. Just now I finally got an email that it's out for delivery. Australia Post truly suck at the moment

Quark1134 and Mylene like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.