UFO to have a real farewell tour in 2022

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BradOlson, Sep 3, 2021.

1. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven Thread Starter

2. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident

Surely their final concert should be in their homeland!

hyntsonsvmse and MYQ1 like this.
  3. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

That's nice, but I expect it to be extended to the states. Then Europe again. Then the states again. Etc etc etc. As long as whoever is left is healthy enough they will keep playing since (1) it is all about the $$ really and (2) they probably NEED the $$, and (3) most bands who have been roaddogs that long can't live without that adrenalin road rush.

4. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

You know, these Farewell tours are getting a little boring. It's just a marketing term they're using at this point, isn't it? I've nothing against UFO, they're far from the only people doing it, but they're beginning to come across as fake ways to have a long tour and then rest.

Slim Zooms likes this.
  5. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

How so? The tour was cancelled because of the same reason every other tour was and now it resumes....

Fusionfan, longdist01 and Rufus rag like this.
  6. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

It's still yet another "Farewell" concert. But your point is taken.

Slim Zooms likes this.
  7. Jimmy Agates

It's unfair to begrudge a band from having a farewell tour after over 50 years as a functioning band. However if they do what so many other bands do and keep going then all criticisms are deserved!

Stormrider77 and Rufus rag like this.
  8. Centralscrutinizer

Centralscrutinizer Forum Resident

Isn't this just them finishing off the tour they were on before Covid came along ? It's not a new farewell tour on top of what was already happening.

9. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Let's not derail the thread with this one. I remember times when bands simply stopped touring without all the fanfair and marketing of the occasion. All bands will eventually break up or end, it's part of the lifecycle. These days - when farewell tours can mean literally YEARS of dates, it's all a bit passe. IMO. But don't let it disrupt you guys chatting about it.

Cousin It and Zackster like this.
  10. Jimmy Agates

I'd love to catch them on these final dates but alas I'm locked in a country and will probably never be allowed out again so I guess Spain 2019 will be my lasting memory of one of my favorite bands.

slipkid and kevin5brown like this.
  11. kevin5brown

kevin5brown Analog or bust.

The Aussie and New Zealand governments handle it ... oddly, imo. ;)

Bonddm and Jimmy Agates like this.
  12. Jimmy Agates

Understatement of the century. They are psychopaths.

kevin5brown, Rufus rag and Bonddm like this.
  13. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

If it's truly a farewell tour they need Schenker.

14. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

More likely they'd be able to bring Pete Way & Paul Raymond back from the dead to join them than get Michael (dead or alive).

;)

kevin5brown likes this.
  15. Jimmy Agates

Not really - he played on less than half their studio albums.

kevin5brown likes this.
  16. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

I’d really love to see them. Saw em with Saxon on a recent tour. So great. Really turned me on to Vinnie and cool new stuff. Excited. Such a great band

Rufus rag, slipkid and Jimmy Agates like this.
  17. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

No, it is really a cancelation of the remaining US dates that were TBA, and then a bunch of German dates in their place. They never hit the US West Coast on this farewell thing where they have a huge following. I'm a bit disappointed, but as someone said, this might not be all of it.

18. Scott6

Scott6 Forum Resident

OK I suppose if you are a UFO fan living in Germany.

19. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

A small part of my disappointment is that I have the original SITN promo poster signed by the classic band all except Moog and Parker who were in that last recent touring line-up. I wanted the last two autographs needed to complete it. I'm an autograph nut, just love them - some here on the forums may have noticed. That poster would be so cool to have with all five signatures.

Jimmy Agates and Rufus rag like this.
  20. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

True, but their live show is mostly Schenker era material.

21. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I could be mistaken but I thought Parker has retired from touring etc (although Mogg announced that he had but then changed his mind, or something changed, and came back/kept going).

22. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

Australia Population: 25 million
    Australia Covid Deaths: 1102

USA Population: 333 million
    USA Covid Deaths: 662,000

I know Oz has had some really tough measures, but one of these looks “psychopathic” alright, and it ain’t you guys.

Steve62 and Fusionfan like this.
  23. Slim Zooms

Slim Zooms Senior Member

Didn’t the Scorpions announce their farewell tour in about 2012? They’re still touring!
    Must be the longest goodbye ever.
    I love Scorpions by the way. Great band.

Jimmy Agates and slipkid like this.
  24. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Hey man we're winning!!! More deaths than you lot! Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah! GO U-S-A o_O

phillyal1 likes this.
  25. JackOfAllTrades

JackOfAllTrades It's only my opinion

Surely the only venue for the final UFO concert should be the legendary Hammersmith Odeon or whatever it is called this week.