"Vinyl Me Please" Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Hogues, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Hattipper

Hattipper Forum Resident

I questioned this myself. Went back and listened to my old copy. I owe VMP an apology! This copy enhanced something that was already there!

Lost In The Flood and bjlefebvre like this.
  2. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

I must be lucky. Being in Canada I often have a hard time with stuff being damaged in the mail but with the years I've been with VMP its only happened once (top seam split).

gabbleratchet7 and Dreaddazzman like this.
  3. bjlefebvre

bjlefebvre Forum Resident

You are now officially an Influencer™.

mikemoon likes this.
  4. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

Just grabbed Buck Owens' first album that VMP dropped today. Only 500 copies.

gabbleratchet7 and Spencer R like this.
  5. bjlefebvre

Looks like the Buck Ownes drop is actually his first album, not the Carnegie Hall title. I would have totally been down with Carnegie Hall - it's got a great energy and wide sampling of his songs - but given that my vinyl want list has expanded greatly in the past few days, I'll give this one a pass.

6. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

I picked it up as well. Its also going to have a wider release through Sundazed.

Spencer R likes this.
  7. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Carnegie is going to be December Country track

8. Co-signing this.

bkbk likes this.
  9. keylime_5

keylime_5 Forum Resident

Sundazed just announced the Buck Owens Bridge Over Troubled Water reissue for RSD Black Friday too. Also Kevin Gray/AAA. Lots of quality Buck Owens reissues coming this fall/winter

DHamilton, Spencer R and bjlefebvre like this.
  10. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

As noted above, Carnegie Hall is likely an upcoming Record of the Month. The debut album is a one-time drop of 500 copies. I ordered it.

11. petzmark

petzmark Forum Resident

Replacement copy of the Wailing Wailers is just as warped as the first one and has more surface noise.
    Quality control issues are out of...control industry-wide right now. UGH!

Zomvid, chrischerm and Eamon like this.
  12. Hattipper

Hattipper Forum Resident

I wanted this one bad too...

13. bjlefebvre

Sorry to hear that. My copy plays fine, no warps. But I wonder how many replacements they can do with an initial run of 500.

14. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

You let the internet make decisions for you? o_O

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  15. petzmark

petzmark Forum Resident

At this point I'm going to invest in a Vinyl Flat. I have a small stack of warped VMP releases (among other) that could be flattened and sold on the secondary market at cost. This would net me enough to pay for the Vinyl Flat.

Fortunately VMP CS is very agreeable when I have a flawed pressing. Most of the time the second copy is better, but this year sure seems to be full of evidence that the industry has let quality slip to keep up with demand, supply chain issues, and staffing shortages.

chrischerm and bjlefebvre like this.
  16. bjlefebvre

That's actually a good idea. I keep playing with the idea of buying one of those. Usually I don't mind minor warps, but at times they get so bad that I have to stick them under a speaker for a month or two to flatten them, and even then it doesn't completely solve the problem. And even slight warps make it harder to sell stuff.

17. Paul Aiden

Paul Aiden Forum Resident

H

Heres a weird thing. I started a membership (actually just renewed) with Al Green a few months ago and through the “Shop” App I can buy another copy, I was hoping it would let me buy other VMP100 titles but no only that one.

18. Hicks

Hicks Forum Resident

It’s a pretty pointless item, why would I want to listen to the radio edit of Light My Fire when I have the full version?

bluemooze likes this.
  19. domesticmachine

domesticmachine Resident Forum

Yeah I have been considering this too. My friend who has one for his store recommended I find 2-3 friends locally to split it with since it will go unused a great deal of time. That’s my plan just passing it along.

petzmark and bjlefebvre like this.
  20. mch007

mch007 Forum Resident

So only new members can choose just one of those 10 VMP 100 titles as their 1st title and after that all other titles are not available for swaps or purchase. Weird strategy indeed.

21. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

Member since Sept 2019, I asked Customer Service directly if I could by another Al Green Call Me and they said no.

22. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Looks like Monster's Holiday is also AAA and on preorder at Acoustic Sounds.

23. chrischerm

chrischerm Forum Resident

It's not a bad idea. Once you get the feel for how your VF works, it's great, but each one is different. The real bummer is edge warps, as they can't be fixed by a VF. Your point, though is truly valid... QC is lacking as of late.

24. keylime_5

keylime_5 Forum Resident

Juggsnelson likes this.
  25. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Just a report the mastering on Wu Tang sounds really great! Pretty much as good as this recording could ever sound. Vocals are very clear and forward, without any harshness or brightness.

As for the pressing, sides A and B have pretty bad noise on the lead ins into the first tracks. Not as bad as The Mars Volta was but still pretty annoying. I may ask for a replacement, not 100% sure yet. I did get a clean playing replacement for Deloused.

Hattipper likes this.