Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Exactly, nothing's going to change for WWE. There current viewpoint can be summed up in one meme:
    [​IMG]

905 and Matthew Tate like this.
  2. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Bad news for Samoa Joe. Hopefully it isn’t another concussion.

WarEagleRK and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter Forum Resident

I finally gave up on WWE 6 months ago after being a fan for 23 years.
    That being said, I saw that Big E won the belt, which is cool. Not cool enough to make me watch again, but cool nonetheless.

MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.
  4. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Seems like they hotshotted the Big E thing to try to not loose too many viewers to the 1st week of Monday Night Football and like every year Football pulls away a decent part of their audience.

905 and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. Helter Skelter

They’ll never give him a decent run anyway.
    Look at how Kofi got treated.

6. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Actually, Kofi had a good run as champion. They just buried him in the title change and for months and months after that.

But, I agree, Big E is probably not going to be champion long. Vince will need the title to keep changing hands as ratings continue to tumble.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Agreed. The minute Jack Swagger became a world champion, I knew that being the world champ meant jack squat anymore.

8. WarEagleRK

I didn't see NXT last night, but apparently Rick Steiner's son debuted last night. Instead of being Bronson Steiner (or even his real name Bronson Rechsteiner) they gave him the name Bron Breakker. They can't help themselves with the awful names.

Matthew Tate, 905 and MikeInFla like this.
  9. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

All those changes they have made to the look of NXT from the new logo to the studio with excessive lighting seem awful to me.

Everything that made them unique is gone.

10. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

He did. It was very strangely booked. He beat L.A. Knight, who was wrestling the curtain jerker despite also being in the main event 4 way for the vacated title. Bron beat him. At the end of the show Bron had a stare down with the new champ, so apparently he is in the title picture after one match.

11. RayS

I was not impressed.

Matthew Tate and tonyc like this.
  12. WarEagleRK

How did Steiner's kid look in the ring?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. RayS

He certainly looks the part, but I don't know that his ring skills are polished to the point that he should be fast-tracked so quickly. They also did an angle that took Kyle O'Reilly out of the 4-way for the title, with Regal inexplicably throwing in another new face, Von Wagner. I vowed to turn off NXT forever if he won the belt. They wound up giving it, ironically (to me), to another indie-trained, Internet-darling, "vanilla midget", Tomasso Ciampa.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

huh? you don't like him? he's been in wwe about 7 years now and won multiple titles and wrestling awards in the industry. he was a beast in ROH and I think had a better look

15. RayS

I think he's awesome. But wasn't the point of NXT 2.0 to stop signing and pushing guys with indie backgrounds who WWE considers undersized and who they figure will never draw money? But that's what they just did, unless this is a transitional move to putting the belt on Bron far before his time.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    j4yheindeo and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. Matthew Tate

probably the later I would assume. maybe since he's been there about 7 years they just didn't care he was an indie guy before

17. RayS

About a year ago NXT was the coolest brand within WWE and all was well. Their PPVs were universally recognized as consistently outstanding and they had a deep roster of experienced and skilled workers to go with the developmental talents. Then they lost the "Wednesday Night War" and everything about NXT was apparently wrong. Their roster was now seen as loaded with guys who were indie darlings but too small and too old to ever make a serious dent on the main rosters. If the rumor is true that VKM wanted to make a manager out of Adam Cole, then, yes, I can see the folks in Titan Towers placing no value on the guys (Cole, O'Reilly, Gargano, Ciampa) who had largely carried the brand. So out with them and in with the generation of physically big guys with no indy backgrounds who may be the next Roman Reigns.

18. Matthew Tate

your post sounds exactly like what happened and its dumb it went down this way. AEW is pushing its show like its raw. how would NXT beat a companies major show especially when they rarely push these guys when they hit the main roster

RayS likes this.
  19. WarEagleRK

Ciampa likely got the belt to put one of those other names over for the title and make them look better than they are. If he stays in NXT will just be there to make those programmed robots that WWE wants to make stars look good.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. Helter Skelter

The way everyone immediately turned on NXT when they got a new toy (AEW) was predictable but still hilarious. It wasn't even that NXT sucked "now", it's that NXT was never really good and all those amazing Takeovers that were universally adored weren't really that good after all. I blame Meltzer and his drones.

21. WarEagleRK

Who is saying that NXT was never really good? Who is saying those Takeovers weren't good? Pretty much everyone I've heard is not happy that they are going away from what made NXT great with their new direction.

I think you are misplacing the blame if you think Meltzer is the one to blame. He always praised NXT and gave his highest star ratings to those Takeover matches of any U.S. matches ever. NXT had a higher star rating average than any promotion, even higher than New Japan and AEW...if you think one person's match rating opinion matters. From what I've heard him say, he thinks going away from what made NXT great is a mistake.

In my opinion nobody turned on NXT, the WWE turned NXT on us.

22. Helter Skelter

As soon as AEW came about, people retroactively claimed that those shows were overrated. I saw it with my own eyes on various wrestling message boards. The opinion was along the lines of "We liked them at the time, but that's only because we didn't have anything better.".

I can't believe I'm talking about ****ing wrestling again, it's like being back on The Observer BOARD~!. I need to step away from this thread for my mental well being.

23. WarEagleRK

Well the 1st mistake was going to a wrestling message board, especially the Observer Board. I used to be on there as well. Even the owners of that site hate most of the people on there. :)

Wow, I've never heard anyone retroactively knock NXT. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, nobody is as fickle (or blindly loyal depending on the situation) as a wrestling fan. NXT was the only thing in US keeping wrestling interesting after all of the stars left ROH.

Matthew Tate and Helter Skelter like this.
  24. Helter Skelter

Wrestling fans are very fickle. AEW will suffer the same fate eventually. One minute everyone loved Lucha Underground, then suddenly they didn't.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. WarEagleRK

Well it was because Lucha Underground went away.

Matthew Tate likes this.