Dr. Death on Peacock

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Jul 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member Thread Starter

Anyone watching Dr. Death on Paramount+ ? The series - all 8 episodes -were released on July 15th 2021. The show is based on a true story and a podcast of the same name.

We watched the first two episodes tonight and thought it was pretty good. None of us had heard the podcast. The storyline is very interesting. So far the operating room scenes are not real graphic but if you are squeamish some of them may make you uncomfortable since it is made clear what is going on. We plan to watch the whole thing to the end. This would be an easy one to binge since it is only 8 episodes.

More info on Wikipedia here.

Dr. Death (2021 TV series) - Wikipedia

Porkpie and CantonJester like this.
  2. rockclassics

Doesn’t look like anyone here is watching this.

We finished it last night. Overall a pretty good show which held our interest throughout all the episodes. The last episode is basically the trial of the doctor. I’m not going to discuss details or the outcome since I don’t want to give away spoilers.

I am interested in hearing others thoughts about the show.

3. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

Enjoying it so far, but have temporarily stopped after 3 episodes. My wife didn't want to watch any further as our son has his wisdom teeth out this coming Friday, and that's a close enough association to the show that she needs to wait until next week to resume. :)

rockclassics likes this.
  4. rockclassics

I can definitely understand her feelings.

5. Honey Bunches of Sadness

Honey Bunches of Sadness Forum Resident

This.

I saw the banner ads on the internet, which I think mentioned "true story!" Looked up said story, and ...... oh, my.

No way. I'm not going to have images of this story floating around in my mind the next time I have to undergo some type of surgery.....

6. rockclassics

This show may not be for everyone.

7. ScorpSik

ScorpSik Well-Known Member

I'm in the UK - never heard of Peacock, but I really fancy this show and very much hope it comes out on DVD for Christmas :)

8. SmallDarkCloud

SmallDarkCloud Forum Resident

I’ve been watching it; I’m up to episode four. The series is very good. The surgery scenes are not graphic - you learn of the horror Duntsch inflicted on his patients through dialogue and story, but not on-camera gore, if that is a concern.

The story is as much about the bureaucracy of the medical industry that let this happen, as it is about the doctor’s actions (many hospital administrators and doctors passed the responsibility to someone else rather than try to stop Duntsch from performing surgery).

rockclassics likes this.
  9. I really liked it and it was largely very accurate.

10. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Watched the first episode (I'm a huge fan of Josh Jackson's) but this is going to be tough; medical horror is hard as I've had my own issues over the years. But I'm "hooked" as they say and will watch it slowly.

rockclassics and wayneklein like this.
  11. He gives a great, multi-layered performance and this isn’t simplified.

Curveboy likes this.
  12. rockclassics

You might want to fast forward thru the operating room scenes. You won’t miss much and you will still know what happened.

Curveboy likes this.
  13. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

We started watching it this week, just watched episode 3 and it’s got an excellent cast but definitely not one to watch if you have surgery coming up.

14. I, rather stupidly, watched Coma two days before having my tonsils out. I wasn't at all worried about the surgery before, kind of petrified afterwards. I mentioned Coma to the anesthetist as he was prepping me and just as I faded to black the bugger said "don't worry, I added just enough carbon monoxide!". He said it with a chuckle but still . . .

Porkpie likes this.
  15. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

My wife watched it. Not really my kind of show but she really liked it. Very sad story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.