importcds.com Customer Service

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by davebush, Sep 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davebush

davebush New Test Leper Thread Starter

I ordered an Incredible String Band box set from importcds.com and my package arrived yesterday - a 4CD set of Japanese cartoon music. I immediately emailed them, but have not yet heard back. Google tells me people have had problems with this company in the past, but I'm wondering what their current customer service status is. Anyone dealt with them lately?

2. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Never had problems with them—although their website could be better

3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I previously posted this in another thread. And I apologize if this starts things on a negative note. I would persist until things get worked out properly.

If things go smoothly (with ImportCDs), then it will work out.

BUT from personal experience and that of some other Forum members: If there is a problem with your order, including defective items or a delivery that goes missing, the customer service at ImportCDs is almost nonexistent. It is like pulling teeth to get a response or to get a person who is helpful.

Just a heads-up.

You can search this Forum for more info on the company---which goes under many other names too.

Some threads, among others:

Importcds uk buyers beware !

Importcds problems, any ideas?

Issue with ImportCDs order via eBay. What would you do?

4. ism

ism Forum Resident

Whenever I've had problems in the past, the only way to receive a response was to find a contact number and call... Good luck.

5. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

Luckily I've had nothing but good experiences with Importcds, it's SRC Vinyl that has caused me problems.... I'll never deal with those clowns again.

Best wishes with your Importcds issue. :edthumbs:

Haggis Wampovich likes this.
  6. StarThrower62

StarThrower62 Forum Resident

Every order I've placed with them includes a return label for defective or wrong items. But I've never had a problem with that. It is the weekend so expecting an immediate response to a Friday email is a tad unrealistic.

7. davebush

There was no return label included, only a packing slip that needs to be included in the return.

8. prymel

prymel Forum Resident

I've ordered tons of product from Importcds, and only had two issues requiring returns (one my fault, one theirs). In both cases the return/replacement process was prompt and seamless. I would keep trying, I think they're a very good vendor, and I scratch my head at the negative Google reviews, as they aren't even close to a representation of my experience.

9. parman

parman Music Junkie

I wish you luck. It could be a covid thing where they only have half the staff so things are slow

10. davebush

I'm worried this will be problematic, but you've made me feel better. Thanks.

11. StarThrower62

I think nowadays these online retailers will email you with an attachment so you can print out the return label. That's what Deep Discount does.

LilacTeardrop and davebush like this.
  12. StarThrower62

If they were a shady vendor I'm sure they would have been kicked off eBay a long time ago.

13. prymel

prymel Forum Resident

They've also been very active on Amazon as well.

14. StarThrower62

Amazon has a lot of shady vendors. There are actual crime rings peddling pharmacy items on that sight. And Amazon proper sells bootleg recordings.

15. prymel

prymel Forum Resident

Wasn't aware of this. At any rate, my experience with them on Amazon has been equally as good.

16. Valkenburg

Valkenburg Forum Resident

I recently received a Japanese mini-lp cd that had a damaged cover and was missing the obi. After I emailed, they sent me a prepaid return label. I sent the cd back and received a refund. Took about 2 weeks from start to finish - no problems at all.

17. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

1-855-258-9650 ---Now I haven't had to use this number in years, but it used to be how I got through to them.

Best of luck !

18. davebush

Update: just received an email from the company. My correct order is being shipped out within 24 hours.

19. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

Good luck. My experience has been that they do not always do what they promise to do. Their last straw with me was several years ago. Maybe they've changed for the better, but I continue to avoid them.

My tale of woe:

Is ImportCds good enough?

slipkid likes this.
  20. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

My experience with ImportCDs/Deep Discount mirrors what member Arnold Grove posted about above.

In the past I had some minor problems with both ImportCDs and their now sister company DeepDiscount (both were swallowed up by some kind of music distribution mega-conglomerate called Alliance or Super-D or some combination of those names) and although was always a pain to deal with either one of them in the end I was able to get satisfaction after numerous phone calls etc.

Both companies have sub-standard customer service who give wrong answers, no answers, or in some cases answers which they the do not follow up on their promises (sending a refund or replacement).

However this year I had an issue with DeepDiscount (see the thread below) which then spilled over to ImportCDs who made the situation even worse...
    Received EMPTY BOX from Deep Discount in mail....

Good luck with your return. I had a similar situation (twice actually) where ImportCDs sent me the wrong thing. One was that I ordered a CD but they sent me an LP (of the same item). I had to send the LP back in order for them to properly send me what I had ordered. The other time they sent me a CD unsolicited - I did not order it nor had I any pending or active orders with them at the time. The CD was something ridiculous - not even close to anything I would ever order for myself - made me laugh out loud at the time - some kind of pop/ez listening artist like Celine Dion. I could have just tossed it and in hindsight wished that I had, but no I had to do the "right thing" and contact them to let them know that they sent me something by mistake. I sent it back as per their instructions and never even got a "thank you" from them.

Both of these companies have HORRIBLE (the same?) customer service team and attitudes. They are great outlets for saving some $$ but if ANYTHING is wrong with your order and you need to contact them to get it corrected be prepared to waste countless hours of your time trying to deal with them.

21. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Agree with slipkid. A month ago I ordered the Lou Reed RCA & Arista Albums box set along with a few other CD's. The other CD's arrived and one that I didn't order, but the Lou Reed set never arrived. I contacted them and let them know of the incorrect CD and days later they replied back wanting pictures. So I sent them pictures of everything I received and the packing slip. A couple of days later they replied back to me with a return shipping label asking me to return the incorrect item and they will get the Lou Reed box out once they receive the return. Then later they said the item was out of stock and they would refund the money back to my paypal once received.

Checking the tracking they received the return on 9/27. I emailed them and they said the refund would occur in 5 business days. After 5 business days I contacted them and asked what the status was and the response I get was " The refund has been denied per management, since our return department verified the item received and scanned was Cars." Yes, I had also ordered a Cars CD in that order, but that was never the one we were talking about in the return. So I have to email back and explain to them that the Cars CD was never part of the discussion and yes they do have verification that it was shipped and received because I provided the pictures showing that was one that I had received. So frustrating.

Their customer service is awful and you almost have to walk them through the process yourself as they never read the full email no matter how much detail you put in it.

slipkid likes this.
  22. davebush

Update - my correct order arrived yesterday. They didn't request a return of the first wrongly shipped product, so I ended up with an extra 4 CD set of music from the video game Animal Crossing. It's actually quite good.

Brian Lux and eelkiller like this.
  23. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Glad it worked out, I have had one lost order from them (out of dozens) and they reshipped without question and the replacement showed up in a week. Not bad for shipping to Canada. Let's be glad we still have American outfits with decent prices that ship to us up here, unlike B*llm**se. The numbers appear to be dwindling in classifieds as well.

24. pumpkinman

pumpkinman Hyperactive!

I’ve them many times and have never had an issue. Hopefully this will turn out alright

25. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

For me it eventually always turns out right, it's just the process of getting there can be a pain.

pumpkinman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.