uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

anyone have a code/coupon for udiscover that works?

2. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Most stuff is on sale at the US site, and you can't use a code in addition to their sale pricing...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

ahh ok. thats why i asked. any idea how much the new stones 4 cd box is after taxes and shipping?

4. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

Depends on where you are located…just add to cart and go to checkout and it will tell you

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

I had about $1K of stuff in my cart and just let it sail through until the 25% off expired. Will power.

6. Russ_B66

Russ_B66 Forum Resident

I had the Elton John Jewel Box in my cart which I didn't actually buy. I just think that a better price might come up.

7. t4t3r

t4t3r Forum Resident

What’s the next likely timeline for another sale? Black Friday a few months away?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

that's probably a good guess! they have these sales pretty frequently.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. hype

hype Forum Resident

Yeah, it's hard to guess with them or anyone really right now since there's def. been a huge decline overall in good sales this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see another one before that even though.

I just got a random email from them today giving me a 20% off coupon thats good for 7 days.

10. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

My beach boys feel flows Box that is still sitting on a fedex truck somewhere! it's been 2 weeks since it shipped.

I'm sure it will be nice and warped by the time I get it :realmad:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. mrjinks

I've got more info on this and, for some reason, I find myself being highly irritated by UDiscover on this. :cussing:As I mentioned above, I made multiple purchases during their most recent sale and was shorted on points. If you made a purchase, I'd bet you're getting shorted, too.

UDiscover purchases, where I'm supposed to earn 6 points per dollar spent:
    CD - regular price $11.98; amount I paid $8.99. This should earn 54 points; I was awarded 16.
    2cd set - regular price $19.98; amount I paid $14.99. This should earn 90 points. I was awarded 50.
    10" LP - regular price $19.98; amount I paid $14.99. This should earn 90 points. I was awarded 20.

NOTE: Shipping is FREE at UDiscover: Free Shipping Details & Exclusions – uDiscover Music

However, if you look at your purchase orders, you'll see a "fake" postage charge.
    For item 1 it was $6.30
    For item 2 it was $6.74
    For item 3 it was $11.72

They're backing these amounts out of purchases to generate your points.
    $8.99-$6.30 = $2.69 x 6 = 16
    $14.99-$6.74 = $8.25 x 6 = 50
    $14.99-$11.72 = $3.27 x 6 = 20

That's BS!! Here's their chart:
    [​IMG]
    They can't deduct "shipping" fees - there's no mention of that in their policy! It states "Place an order - Silver. 6 points for every $1 spent" I spent the amounts above; I want my points!

I've already had TWO communications with them and they STILL aren't getting this. I hope some of the rest of you will consider terrorizing their customer support to get what you've rightly earned!

oldjollymon, GentleSenator and sennj like this.
  12. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Well I got the latest notice on the Jamaican pressing of Bob Marley’s Catch A Fire.

Apparently now this is so far behind, they aren’t even bothering to even guess at a ship date. So they let me know that they will be refunding my money AND shipping me the record whenever it is actually pressed. Which is looking like it could be Never but what the heck if it is free then there you go.

13. oldjollymon

oldjollymon right channel den/left channel kitchen

I got this too, but completely missed the part about the refund! Oh well, at least we’ll get some $$ back, and like you said, perhaps an eventual LP as well!

hutlock likes this.
  14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

wow! that's pretty much the opposite of my ume customer service experiences. nice.

hutlock and mrjinks like this.
  15. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

I'm just wondering if any of you are making purchases just to get the bonus points. In my case, I'm happy with the deals I've gotten or I wouldn't have ordered. The points make no difference to me, so there's nothing for me to get upset about. My two cents.

16. hutlock

Do me a favor—go back and read yours and make sure I interpreted that correctly? I have been known to have comprehension issues after a couple of bourbons LOL

oldjollymon and superstar19 like this.
  17. hutlock

Yeah, I was surprised but then again we are coming up on a year since the orders were placed.

dee and GentleSenator like this.
  18. oldjollymon

oldjollymon right channel den/left channel kitchen

Yep, just received the refunds today, although for one of the orders I used $50 in points & so my total for 2
    LPs was $1.90…so you know what they did? Refunded me $0.91:sigh:
    So back to the dark, labyrinthine corridors of their CS I go…pls send shots of bourbon, as I will prob be there awhile!

dee, hutlock and mrjinks like this.
  19. mrjinks

It seems like I'm the only one really miffed with their points thing, so I'll respond.
    Nope, I definitely wouldn't purchase anything just to get points. I never even paid attention to them until this summer. But both UDiscover and SoundOfVinyl use them, and I started to pay attention when I used a 25% off coupon to save me $250 on the ridiculously over-the-top George Harrison box. That was on SoV, and with that single purchase, I suddenly vaulted into their "top tier" of point earners. Add to that the thing took nearly a month to reach me, and spent something like 13 days in one location with USPS - I thought it was lost! So I whined about that, wanting them to refund my shipping. They wouldn't, but then relented and gave me the $ equivalent of my shipping ($37+) in points. So now it's to the point (ha!) where I'm coming up on nearly $100 in points on that site, and I'm REALLY paying attention to how they're calculated. I'm nowhere near as high on UDiscover, but just being aware of how they're calculating them has made me watch them like a hawk, hence the posts above.

If they promise you X points "per dollar spent," but are then deducting shipping (which you don't pay for anyway!) from the "dollars spent," I call BS. That's the only reason I mentioned it. Given the awful customer service that Universal provides on all their associated retail outlets (MusicVaultz, UDiscover, SoundOfVinyl, artist-specific websites), I will vow to make them pay for their shortcomings, however I can.

NOTE: one of my "favorite" examples of this was this summer. I ordered a pricey 3LP Paul Weller box that cost ~$50.00 to ship to the US. My package was immediately lost and, though they refunded my $$, they told me the item was sold out and could not replace it. The VERY NEXT DAY after that, the item was back on their site. Universal is evil incarnate, IMO.

20. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

In a remarkable turn of events my order for three Blue Note lps arrived today in perfect condition in a sealed record mailer, delivered to my door by a uniformed agent of the federal government, named Miss Wanda (she also gave an LLBean catalogue and an electric bill), ten days after I placed the order for in-stock items at the end of their Labor Day sale. Whew!!

The next hurtle is to have a listen and hope that all the pressings are clean. If not, we shall begin a new even scarier adventure: dealing with uDiscover customer service! Fingers crossed that I don’t have to descend into that frightening realm.

21. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

I wouldn't say I place orders just for the points, but I do place a fair amount of orders and generate plenty of points. With the points I buy a nice box set treat for myself.

mrjinks and oldjollymon like this.
  22. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

I have a substantial stash of points in my account. Unfortunately, they cannot be used with promo codes or during sales. It takes away much of the incentive for paying attention to their point program.

23. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

I agree with you, but sometimes you have to shift your mindset and maximize the potential in other ways.

The way that I see things...

1. All the points that I accumulate are on the backs of 20-30% discounts.
    2. I also earn 1% in points by using my card for the purchase, which I use to pay down my credit card bill.
    3. I sometimes use the points for pre-orders so my other orders aren't backed up.
    4. When not used on pre-orders I use the points on an awesome boxset that I may never buy unless it is free. Free is always good and better than a 20-30% discount.

sennj, hutlock, Biff Jones and 2 others like this.
  24. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Any codes?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. Patanoia

Patanoia Third Ear Centre

Email from uDiscover:

We heard you loud and clear! You asked us to allow you to combine your hard earned points with our discounts and sales, and we made it happen!

Now, when you redeem points, a gift card code will be generated and applied to your order, allowing you to also use a coupon code if you have one.​

GentleSenator, jhm, Davidmk5 and 3 others like this.