Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Funny, they don't even have it on the MD website, but have on the Amazon.ca. Things are weird these days.

Dmann201 likes this.
  2. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

May I ask what are the box numbers on the two defective releases?

3. Beach House

Beach House Forum Resident

Amazon USA has it as well with a price increase $63.98/$58.99.

4. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Could you provide a link to the Amazon US listing?

5. Adam2424

Adam2424 Well-Known Member

It looks like the Eagles ST is now sold out on MOFIs site. Still available on Music Direct.

6. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Ummn.... as Count Basie used to say, "One More Time!". Box numbers and the discs inside are not correlated.

trumpetplayer and CBackley like this.
  7. teag

teag Forum Resident

That’s incorrect. Both available just now on MoFi website.

8. AnalogJ

Eagles - Eagles

Still in stock. Limit 2 per household.

9. Adam2424

Adam2424 Well-Known Member

It says sold out when I click on the link.

10. AnalogJ

Clear your cache.

11. teag

teag Forum Resident

Yes, just did it to me also now. Must have been a timing thing.

12. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

That is correct overall. However, the misprints, incorrect lps, etc have run in consecutive box numbers. I have successfully established ranges in the past.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  13. Dougthesnail

Dougthesnail The Big Gabagool

It's sold out on the aproduct page. Mofi hasn't removed the pre-order designation from the main UD1S page.

14. AnalogJ

I tried it both on my cellphone and on my desktop just now. Both Eagles titles are still showing up with a Preorder option.

15. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

I just cancelled Desperado. I'm not a huge Eagles fan, and only need one or two titles. Good reports on the debut, and a preview stream of Desperado convinced me. I don't need to get every one step. Not of the Eagles at least.

Rhinojack and formu_la like this.
  16. Beach House

Beach House Forum Resident

17. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Yesterday I pulled out the S/T Eagles LP that I have had since I bought it in 1975, it's a like new copy and it sounds great, I don't see the need for most these Eagles One Steps. After reading all these LP's were getting the One Step process, I checked to see which LP's I already have, the only one I was missing was Desperado. I went on amazon and picked up the 2014 vinyl re-mastered by Bernie Grundman for $23 bucks, sounds good enough for me and $100 less. :agree:

18. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Eagles - Eagles It says sold out. Look closer.

Dougthesnail likes this.
  19. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

The Eagles titles are getting close to selling out. If you are on the fence, you should decide soon.

FashionBoy likes this.
  20. AnalogJ

Not on the Mofi page. I'm doing it right now. Even did it with a new tab and cleared my cache. It still says Preorder. I wish I could drop a screen shot here.

I also clicked on your link in your post. "Preorder".

21. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

You can put it in your cart, but it can never leave!

22. AnalogJ

Yeah, but here, we're not necessarily about the money, right? That's your priority. If you were a big Eagles fan and/or wanted possibly the best sounding copy of the album, you'd probably spring for the $125. I have recounted numerous times about the ARS Santana Abraxas. It's fantastic. Is it as amazing as the MoFi OneStep? No. But it's REALLY good! Of course, getting the OneStep will now set you back about $2000, but back when it was available at retail, there was a discussion as to whether it'd be worth spending $99 on a single album. When I got it and compared it to my ARS, there was no doubt as to the OneStep's superiority in its inner harmonic detail, its reproduction of minute instrumental detail, but the ARS is almost equally musical/dynamic. Was it worth the extra dough? For me, yeah, probably.

23. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Not on my computer. What kind of BS is this. Sold out is in a light grey shade right under quantity.

AnalogJ and Joti Cover like this.
  24. jmcecil

jmcecil Analog Jitter

I'm not normally part of the "what's it worth" discussion. Hobby's are stupid. Value is personal. I have no problem saying "To rich for my blood". But, unless I've been drinking, prefer not to use terms like "that isn't worth it". You by default are adding "to me" to the end of that statement. Someone else will disagree. Which brings you right back to value is personal. The Eagles s/t was "worth it" to me. Desperado was not. Are either a "good buy" **** NO. Will they retain or increase in value .. time will tell. My wife loved them until she found out how much they cost. She'd listen to a ****ty Dictaphone recording taken from a poorly tuned and weak signal AM radio before she'd pay $100+ for a record. So EVERYONE's MMV.

25. jmcecil

jmcecil Analog Jitter

There are two pages. The products page still shows pre-order. The individual title purchase page shows sold-out.

Echoes Myron likes this.