Discogs Deals - New or Mint- items only please, USA dealers only

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by DapperGentleman, Mar 18, 2021.

1. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Hey, they've had months to get this corrected. Maybe you stumbled upon the real deal!

samwisefan likes this.
  2. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

I hope so, but I doubt it. And I've heard from others that it's a pain in the ass to get your money back from Popmarket even if you do return the item. UGH. We'll see...

3. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Since you posted, it's gone from $24 to $44.

4. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

Wait, they still have it listed at that price? Incredible, if so. That would seem to go beyond incompetence and into deliberate misrepresentation.

samwisefan likes this.
  5. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Popmarket + Discogs = poop.

samwisefan likes this.
  6. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

It certainly is. My advice would be to wait no longer than 3 weeks to notify them that you haven't received a refund once you return it (spoiler: they won't refund you automatically, and you'll definitely have to harass them about it). They'll gladly keep your money and the product otherwise.

[It should be noted that this only goes for PopMarket on Discogs, not the PopMarket site, which I have much less experience with]

I've heard from a couple different sources that the department that creates the Discogs listings basically has no line of communication with the warehouse its sent from or the returns department. When you tell them an item was listed incorrectly, that information will go nowhere, and they'll inevitably re-list it when the warehouse tells them it's still in-stock. Similarly, when you return something, the employee overseeing their Discogs account is the only person who knows you're returning it.

Again, that's just what I've heard, but it wouldn't surprise me.

samwisefan likes this.
  7. Semolina Pilchard

Semolina Pilchard Forum Resident

Same here, I'm afraid.

8. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Any fans of The Fall here? Several recent reissue titles under $10 in new condition:

The Fall - Interim: LP For Sale | Discogs

The Fall - Live At The Knitting Factory LA - 14th November 2001: LP, RE For Sale | Discogs

The Fall - Live At The Phoenix Festival '95: LP, Gat For Sale | Discogs

The Fall - Live From The Vaults Glasgow 1981: LP, Album, RE For Sale | Discogs

The Fall - Live At The Phoenix Festival '95: LP, Gat For Sale | Discogs

=============

Eluvium - Pianoworks - beautiful music - 2LP version on Temporary Residence for $10.00:
    Eluvium - Pianoworks: 2xLP, Album For Sale | Discogs

Foxygen's Seeing Other People 2LP version on pink for $8 plus shipping:
    Foxygen - Seeing Other People: LP, Album, Pin + LP, Pin + Dlx, Ltd For Sale | Discogs

Floating Spectrum on Temporary Residence - ambient with industrial bursts for $8.00 plus shipping:
    "Floating Spectrum is the moniker for Taiwan-born, Berlin-based composer and audio technologist, Mei-Fang Liau. Her debut album as Floating Spectrum, A Point Between – crafted from a combination of synthesizers, everyday household objects, and unique software synthesizers made by Liau herself – is truly a sound and vision unlike any other."
    Floating Spectrum - A Point Between: LP, Album, Ltd, Cle For Sale | Discogs

Wolfhounds - Complete John Peel Sessions for $8.00:
    The Wolfhounds - Hands in the Till: The complete John Peel sessions: LP, Album, Ltd, Gat For Sale | Discogs

9. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

Well, PopMarket sent me the wrong item. Months to correct the error, but nope. Incompetence, indeed.

I emailed them yesterday, but have not received a response yet. To those who've dealt with this before...Are you able to track the item with the return shipping label they give you? I'm gonna be furious if I won't be able to have proof of delivery.

10. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

They are. They also Alliance Entertainment which is a distributor to the indie stores. Nothing gets my goat more than not being able to get something in stock at the store but popmarket has it for sale.

samwisefan likes this.
  11. DapperGentleman

These Discogs listings caught my eye:

Mort Garson, the Plantasia guy - Didn't You Hear - remastered reissue $5.95 + s/h
    Mort Garson - Didn't You Hear?: LP, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, Sil For Sale | Discogs

Seth MacFarlane - Once In A While 2LP 2019 - $8.00 + s/h
    Seth MacFarlane - Once In A While: 2xLP, Album, Gat For Sale | Discogs

Goo Goo Dolls - Miracle Pill 2019 - $10.00 + s/h
    Goo Goo Dolls - Miracle Pill: LP, Album For Sale | Discogs

Günter Schlienz* ‎– Lissajous - Ambient album from Germany - $9.50 + s/h
    Günter Schlienz* - Lissajous: LP For Sale | Discogs

.. and from the same label, Navel ‎– Ambient 2, In Space - Ambient album from Germany - $9.50 + s/h
    Navel - Ambient 2, In Space: LP For Sale | Discogs

Eluvium - Pianoworks 2LP version - pretty stuff - on Temporary Residence - $10.00 + s/h
    Eluvium - Pianoworks: 2xLP, Album For Sale | Discogs

Holly Herndon - Proto - experimental on 4AD label - $10.00 + s/h
    Holly Herndon - Proto: LP, Album For Sale | Discogs

Floating Spectrum ‎– A Point Between - limited version - ambient on Temporary Residence - $8.00 + s/h
    Floating Spectrum - A Point Between: LP, Album, Ltd, Cle For Sale | Discogs

Land Of Talk - Indistinctt Conversations - female vocs indie on Saddle Creek - limited red - $9.59 + s/h
    Land Of Talk - [Indistinct Conversations]: LP, Album, Ltd, Red For Sale | Discogs

Keith Urban - The Speed Of Now V. 1 2LP on red - $8.95 + s/h
    Keith Urban - The Speed Of Now Part 1: 2xLP, Ltd, Red For Sale | Discogs

Pepo Galán, Sita Ostheimer ‎– Contact on the respected Past Inside The Present label, 2020 - $10.00 + s/h
    Pepo Galán, Sita Ostheimer - Contact: LP, MiniAlbum, Ltd, Tra For Sale | Discogs

Paul McCartney - Снова В СССР - remastered 2019 reissue - $8.81 + s/h
    Пол Маккартни* - Снова В СССР: LP, RE, RM, 180 For Sale | Discogs

'The Rough Guide To Mali Blues' - Africa - $9.11 + s/h
    Various - The Rough Guide To Mali Blues: LP, Comp, Ltd, 180 For Sale | Discogs

breakingglass, hutlock, mur and 6 others like this.
  12. throwingthings

throwingthings Well-Known Member

That Land of Talk record (and their body of work in general) is underrated. Wish Elizabeth Powell got half of the shine of younger indie bands (Hop Along, Wednesday) who she inspired!

13. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

DapperGentleman likes this.
  14. DapperGentleman

superstar19 and mur like this.
  15. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah this one is also in the Deep Discount Bargain Bin for a lot more, so I do suspect a pricing error. But hey, for $2 I will roll the dice anyway! Thanks!

EDIT: passing after all—that shipping charge makes it basically $10 and there isn’t anything else in his listings to justify it. So still up for grabs!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    samwisefan likes this.
  16. moomoomoomoo

Discogs doesn't seem to regulate shipping. They are the highest price outlet I know of for USA shipping.

samwisefan likes this.
  17. hutlock

It is a “marketplace” much like our own or even eBay or Amazon Marketplace (3rd party sellers), etc—the shipping is up to the sellers. Not uncommon at all. Plenty of sellers on Discogs offer decent shipping rates (I see $5 flat rate a lot) or even free if you spend a certain amount.

samwisefan, allbrosca and superstar19 like this.
  18. moomoomoomoo

Ebay has a $4 cap on digital media (or at least they used to & it is still being followed).

19. hutlock

Right. Do they have a cap on shipping costs for vinyl? Because that is the product we were discussing re: Discogs. Or at least I was.

20. moomoomoomoo

I didn't clearly state my point: I have passed on a number of Discogs CD/SACD orders due to $5-$7 shipping. USA postage for under 1 pound is currently $3.19.

21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

$3.19, plus mailer ($0.50+), self-insurance for inevitable loss/breakage of some fraction. $4 is pretty much break even, at best.

I don't care what number they put in the shipping field. I only care about the total.

marcb likes this.
  22. moomoomoomoo

The total generally becomes too high for me with the high shipping. I agree, I do add the 2. And as a former i-net large retailer, I understand there are more expenses that just postage, but Discogs is at the top end.

23. hutlock

Discogs isn’t at the top end of anything. It’s just a marketplace. The individual sellers set the rates, not Discogs. All Discogs does is enable people to buy and sell. You keep blaming them for high shipping rates and they literally have nothing to do with it.

24. moomoomoomoo

Will it make you happy if I state that "shipping rates for digital media set by sellers on Discogs are the highest I know of on the internet"?

25. DapperGentleman

Over on Discogs, 1234Go in Oakland has marked down a bunch of stuff. Some of these titles are listed under several ID numbers, so if the one you want is sold out, you might check the rest of 1234Go's listings for another copy. A lot of colored variants here ...

The whole excuse for this post is to have someone buy the 2019 album from Heaven's Club called 'Here There And Nowhere'. It's a hoot, one my favorites of that year. A couple guys from Deafheaven made an album of 1980's style synth rock. I love it. Listen here:

All titles plus shipping:

Heaven's Club - Here There And Nowhere 2019 on clear 5.00
    Heavens Club* - Here There And Nowhere: LP, Album, Cle For Sale | Discogs

Randy Newman's Avalon soundtrack reissue on blue 9.99
    Randy Newman - Avalon (Music From The Motion Picture): LP, Album, Blu For Sale | Discogs

La Sera - Music For Listening To Music To 6.00
    La Sera - Music For Listening To Music To: LP, Album, Whi For Sale | Discogs

Son Lux - At War With Walls 12.00
    Son Lux - At War With Walls And Mazes: LP, Album, RE, Gre For Sale | Discogs

Dylan LeBlanc - Renegade on white 8.00
    Dylan LeBlanc - Renegade: LP, Album, Ltd, Red For Sale | Discogs

Thomas Andrew Doyle (of TAD) - Incineration Ceremony on gray 8.00
    Thomas Andrew Doyle* - Incineration Ceremony: LP, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, Gra For Sale | Discogs

Ben Lee - Quarter Century Classixx on blue 12.00
    Ben Lee - Quarter Century Classix: LP, Album, Ltd, Blu For Sale | Discogs

Helen Schneider - Moving On - the 80's singer's 2017 import album - 10.00
    Helen Schneider - Movin' On: LP, Album For Sale | Discogs

Foxygen - Seeing Other People - 2LP version on pink - 8.00
    Foxygen - Seeing Other People: LP, Album, Pin + LP, Pin + Dlx, Ltd For Sale | Discogs

Indi* - Precipice - wispy female chamber pop on Flying Nun 8.00
    indi* - Precipice: LP, Album For Sale | Discogs

Hiss Golden Messenger - Bad Debt reissue 2018 10.00
    Hiss Golden Messenger - Bad Debt: LP, Album, Dlx, RE, RM For Sale | Discogs

Hiss Golden Messenger - Haw reissue 10.00
    Hiss Golden Messenger - Haw: LP, Album, RE, RM For Sale | Discogs

Jesca Hoop - Stonechild on white/black marble 10.00
    Jesca Hoop - Stonechild: LP, Album, Ltd, Whi For Sale | Discogs