Zavvi "Best of Jazz Starter Kit" 5-LPs $29.99

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by samwisefan, Sep 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. throwupmyhands

throwupmyhands Forum Resident

Let me know if you want the numbers off the wax, and I'll look them up this evening.

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah, all the purported benefits of vinyl are pointless when it comes to junk from labels like Waxtime, which are digitally sourced from released products. You get all the deficits of a Redbook CD combined with all the deficits of vinyl reproduction. It's beyond pointless.

ispace and fluffskul like this.
  3. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident Thread Starter

Well, I finally got my shipment and I got the exact same 5 titles. My Billie Holiday is also unsealed, and the inner sleeve is ripped. :(

I'm a bit miffed because I have almost no jazz in my collection and I was excited to add 5 new titles...and with my luck one of the 5 I receive is a title I already own!!! ("Kind of Blue") Damn it. I was really hoping for the Getz/Gilberto album.

4. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

That may be one of the easiest albums to trade away. The Getz/Gilberto was pretty common in earlier shipments - you may want to post a FT thread and see if someone who has a double G/G wants to trade. KoB is the ultimate jazz starter album, so even if someone who has G/G already has KoB, they could potentially give it to someone who they want to start on the jazz journey.

hutlock, Bloom and samwisefan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.