Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

i had forgotten all about this omega incident with the booking. weird corny liked him enough then to want to book him but says his style and matches are garbage now

JCRW and WarEagleRK like this.
  2. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

He used to like Jericho and Matt Hardy too, but both of them did something to burn their bridge of respect with Corny and he now complains about their gimmick, matches and promos and how they are shells of themselves. He's not entirely wrong for those two either...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

4. Matthew Tate

btw the fallen angel was on impact last night so maybe he will have another match or 2

5. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

It's going to take a while to get used to the new Travis Heckel drawing style. Agreed about all the comments tied to Owen and they raise a good point about where Bret stands on the whole thing. My guess is it will be a mixed bag for him, he will be happy that Owen's name and legacy will be back on display in wrestling but at the same time he is not a fan of Martha.

6. MikeInFla

I thought that too, but that isn't Heckel. They are using someone else now. Don't know why. The new artist is good but I prefer Heckel's art.

7. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Weird because they still promoted Travis' name on the Drive Thru just posted last night. I guess the artwork this week was provided by Matthew Kaplowitz. Travis was out sick but should be back next week from what it seems.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    905, MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Heckel's work was perfect for the show.

MikeInFla likes this.
  9. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Temporary cancellation in progress: WWE Has Removed Any Sign of Ric Flair From Their TV Programs

I say temporary as we all know the WWE doesn’t actually care about this stuff but will bow to public pressure and then one day he will quietly be back in their merchandising, promotions etc. The fact his image is being replaced by Ultimate Warrior proves that.

JCRW and Matthew Tate like this.
  10. WarEagleRK

How are they so blind as to how toxic he was?

11. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Can't say I am surprised, but like @WarEagleRK just pointed out The Ultimate Warrior is far from a saint himself.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

They aren’t blind…they just don’t care.

905 and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

I wonder how much merch sales they make off The Ultimate Warrior? I would rather put my money towards the upcoming Owen Hart merch.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Matthew Tate

who cares, they are doing it to help support ultimate warriors family. you know the 2 young girls that lost their dad

905 likes this.
  15. WarEagleRK

My complaint is naming the award for courage/humanitarianism "The Warrior Award". He doesn't deserve anything nice like that attached to his name or legacy. From all accounts for most of his life he would have just ignored or made fun of people who have to overcome great odds. He gloated that Bobby Heenan got terminal cancer.

noname74 and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. Matthew Tate

not this this helps but thats not even what warrior asked the award to be about. he wanted some recognition given to the guys that set up the ring or do merch or create the video packages or entrance music, etc

WarEagleRK and 905 like this.
  17. MYQ1

MYQ1 Forum Resident

The famous Rasslin song:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  18. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Anyone catch the Dark Side Of The Ring episode covering Chris Kanyon? I watched it yesterday and I honestly don't know what to think of it. I really don't remember much about him (probably because I never watched WCW) and I don't even really remember him in his brief tenure with the WWE. What I got from it most was the AEW talent taking some digs at their competition for how they treat their roster going back 20 years ago and further. Almost making the point that if Kanyon were working in the business right now, he would have a home in AEW and jump ship from a promotion like WWE. I do get their point and agree with it, but at the same time I get the counter that Dark Side production painted when they showed the comments made by John Cena and Ric Flair on the Howard Stern Show about how Kanyon was a nobody. Sad to hear of his outcome regardless.

19. MikeInFla

Yeah I saw it but like you had no idea who he was. They did paint the picture that WWE didn't like him.

JCRW likes this.
  20. Matthew Tate

Had corny received this last weeks dynamite yet?

21. WarEagleRK

I haven't watched the Dark Side Of The Ring on Kanyon yet, but I first remember Kanyon as a member of the WCW job team Men at Work. They were a team who would get some moves in, but ultimately lose and he had talent. Then he got thrown into that Moral Combat feud as Mortis with Glacier and Wraith which was a waste of time. He was talented, but unfortunately his peak was during 99-01 WCW when their booking was a mess and then during the WCW invasion of WWF when they did their best to bury non-WWF talent.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

That will probably be out late tonight or tomorrow, I think Brian Last confirmed that they are recording The Experience today. I'm guessing they will be more heavily focused on the Dark Side Of The Ring Episode since there is some backlash being made specifically on the WWE and the wrestlers that were promoted on the show.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Exactly, my quick summary of him was: Chris Kanyon was his own worst enemy wrestling in the wrong era. I think out of all the people they interviewed, DDP ended up being the most honest about Kanyon. There is some continued backlash with Flair, and now Cena and Taker are facing some heat for their segments in the show.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. WarEagleRK

I think the Jersey Triad team with Bigelow and DDP was Kanyon's peak. It was the rare thing WCW had in their dying days that could have worked in a different climate.

905 likes this.
  25. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I never understood WHY they did that whole box/Boy George/lisping thing after a year and a half of rehab. It STILL makes no sense.

WarEagleRK, JCRW and MikeInFla like this.