Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Received my $8.29 Metallica LP today. It was in its LP mailer within an oversized outer box (with no air pillows). Better than the white bag of death! Overall, it was in excellent condition (with just the slightest hint of ring-wear). No seam splits.

The parcel originated from Opa-Locka, FL. Only took two days shipping from origin to my PO Box in Alabama.

Very nice!!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    bru87tr, latheofheaven and JasonA like this.
  2. Tomas Nordmark - Exit Ghosts - 2021 experimental / ambient - limited to 100, says Discogs - $12.99
    https://www.amazon.com/Exit-Ghosts-TOMAS-NORDMARK/dp/B08Z3M31FY

By the time I got clued-in to this offer, the price had gone up to $16.40 (but it came with a MP3 download), so I went for it.

I really like this type of ambient music.

Today I received the LP. It was packaged within an oversized box with nothing to keep it from shifting about. Again, not the white bag of death, so I am grateful for that.

Just lifting the LP from the outer box, I can tell it's warped - the overall LP sleeve was bent. No seam splits, though. - I also do not believe this is part of the limited-edition run of colored vinyl.

I'll burn a CD of the download. It's very cool music!!

BTW - This parcel originated from Fort Worth, TX and only took 3 days from there to my mailbox in Alabama!

latheofheaven and Patanoia like this.
  3. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Yep, I've received both of those albums at different times. Both came in the proper vinyl cardboard mailer inside a larger box, so I was fortunate. Both sound great! I had NO bloody idea what the Exit Ghosts would sound like, but yeah, I think it is pretty good Ambient stuff too. Sorry yours is warped though! :cry:

4. I don't know for a fact the LP is warped (without splitting the shrink-wrap), but just from looking at it from a side-view, the sleeve "appears" to be that way. I won't know, of course, until I actually slit the shrink-wrap on the opening slot and slide it out. That will be a while, though. :winkgrin:

latheofheaven likes this.
  5. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

They tossed my $8-ish Metallica 2xLP in with our monthly Subscribe & Save order, so it was mixed in a larger box with bottles of toilet bowl cleaner, vitamins, and other stuff.... but it was in the LP mailer, so it arrived un-damaged.

I played it today and it was striking to me how quiet the vinyl was (lead-in, between tracks, lead-out). I've gotten so many noisy brand-new pressings lately - spending $30-40 each - that I'd started to forget what a quiet clean new pressing could (should!) sound like. Pallas pressed according to Discogs.

6. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I just bought what might be the last one of this deal in a 3-pint fit of random-note-unheard-vinyl-purchase...not my first nor my last. I thumbed through my ambient/electronic vinyl collection earlier this evening and was reminded of other random purchases that have been quite rewarding.

How about a new contribution to this thread?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YGNSD98?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

A choice New Order vintage 12" reissue for less than a ten-spot.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  7. MothMonsterMan

MothMonsterMan I am a moth who just wants to eat your flag

Thanks. I've got a couple of these 12" reissues and can never resist the Temptation to pick up another one at a great price.

hutlock, Patanoia, SJP and 1 other person like this.
  8. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I see what you did there. Lol.

elsanto, SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  9. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

10. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

I've been listening to Blue Oyster Cult's Secret Treaties all day. Of course, it includes "Astronomy" as covered by Metallica on Garage Days Re-Revisited. Just some great background music with interesting lyrics and twists that are perfect for the Halloween season.

elsanto, Vanzetti and latheofheaven like this.
  11. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

I sometimes will go on Amazon and put
    things in the cart, but then I’ll put them
    In the “save for later”.

My bday is coming up, wonder if my wifey will notice anything :shh:

12. MothMonsterMan

MothMonsterMan I am a moth who just wants to eat your flag

I just order everything I want. The ones she catches are for my upcoming birthday.

B-Mike likes this.
  13. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Received Fogarty Factory packaged in frustration free mailer inside a box. All for $6.04 plus tax!

mrjinks and mur like this.
  14. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

Mine arrived too. I was ready to hate on this album - an lp of covers w/ grandkids? But, holy cow, I’m REALLY enjoying it. Listened twice already. I like the laid back versions. $6 well spent.

15. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

He started a family later in life, so I think they're his kids. If I was motivated enough to Google, I'd save the bandwidth of a post.

16. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

No way! Well good for him.

17. Beeg

Beeg Forum Resident

Tears for Fears - Seeds of Love 4 CD & Blu-ray set is down to 52.99, it’s lowest price according to Cx3.

I had this on cassette way back when and when that wore out I bought the vinyl (Bob Ludwig mastered) and still play it every once in a while to this day. I’m looking forward to Amazon dropping this off in my garage this weekend.

18. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

19. Patanoia

Patanoia Third Ear Centre

20. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

I think it's supposed to be more "cute" or whatever. It sent me down a rabbit hole, looks like they have more like the Golden Girls, The Office cast, Elf, A Christmas Story to name a few more.

21. wrxr7

wrxr7 Forum Resident

22. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

24. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if