Brand: Vinyl storage solutions

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Justme87, Nov 13, 2020.

1. vss

vss Well-Known Member

Thanks

2. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Thanks Mike. Initially I thought the 2mil was a good compromise for less valuable records that you still want to protect like Tone Poets vs going all out for Music Matters with the 4mil. But having used both and considering the minimal price difference, I think going 4mil for everything you really want to protect makes the most sense. The 2mil still looks nice as the “seams” where more issues can occur with the 2mil aren’t visible from the front, but again, there’s a pretty small price difference.

The whole dual pocket thing and being able to use two resealable sleeves for gatefolds to give you access to the inside while storing the records either inside or outside the gatefold is a real killer option.

Keep up the good work!

vss and Swordsandchains like this.
  3. WithinYourReach

WithinYourReach Resident Millennial

Just received my order last night of two starter pack 100 ct 4 mil single flap outer sleeves and the 2 mil inner sleeves. Love the inner sleeves. Very comparable to the MoFi sleeves, but these don't fold up as easily or at all when putting a record inside the cover. Very nice that they are also cheaper than the aforementioned brand.

The outer sleeves are great and work really well, especially with records that come with side obis (Japanese releases, VMP, Mondo) so I'll never have to keep taking out the record along with the obi. I just put the open flap part on the side where you take the record in and out. Fantastic. The only tiny flaw is that some of the outer sleeves have bits of frayed material that you have to pluck off the sides, but otherwise no issues at all.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  4. NorthNY Mark

NorthNY Mark Forum Resident

I just got my first batch of these about a week ago, and am addicted. Since the only items currently available without a month or longer waiting list are the resealable sleeves, I started with an order of 100 of those (4 mil), plus a couple of single 10-inch sleeves. I could not be happier with the 12-inch ones--the combination of the shiny clarity and the ability to seal up the jackets while keeping the records easily accessible is just wonderful, and the use of two to create openable gatefold sleeves is a real game changer. What I don't think the resealable ones will make sense for are the AP single jackets for double 45 sets--if you leave the records in the sleeve, you'd have to seal and unseal every time you wanted to listen, but if you were to store the records outside the jacket in the outer pocket, the 2-lp jacket with nothing inside would probably get crushed, or at least create a weird imbalance with the two lps in the outer pocket (I didn't actually try this, though). So I pre-ordered some of the single pocket sleeves with flaps, to leave the records in the jackets but still have them relatively easy to access--guess I'll find out how suitable they are for this purpose in a couple of months!

The one problem I had was with the 10-inch sleeves. I have only two 10-inch albums, and ordered three sleeves (with an extra just in case). One of the albums I keep out on display, and the tape simply won't keep stuck. It seems to at first, but by a few hours later, it's come unstuck. Thinking I just had a bad one, I used the extra, but ended up with the same problem. I've tried putting in my shelving unit to see if having the pressure from other records will allow the adhesive to take better hold before I put it back on display.

But I've rarely felt as nerdy as when I realized I was totally looking forward to re-sleeving more records!

5. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

for the double AP sleeves what i did was take a record mailer cardboard pad, cut a little off and slide into the jacket, perfect size and keeps it nice and stiff. And then both lps fit in pocket a little tight but not bad at all.

6. NorthNY Mark

NorthNY Mark Forum Resident

Thanks--that seems like a workable solution if the flapped sleeves don't work well!

Swordsandchains likes this.
  7. vss

vss Well-Known Member

Hi
    Please email me at [email protected] and I'll make a note to add some replacement 10 inch sleeves for you. Sometimes the tape isn't consistent, though rarely.
    Thanks
    Mike

8. vss

vss Well-Known Member

Hi
    It's called "angel hair" and it's normal, due to the thickness of the material. If you like the 2 mil inner sleeve, you'll go crazy for the 3 mil rice paper inner sleeve. It's almost crumple proof and silky smooth. Optimized for the heavy weight records.
    Thanks
    Mike

WithinYourReach likes this.
  9. vss

vss Well-Known Member

Thanks!

10. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Decided to pull the trigger on these after seeing many favorable reviews.
    Got the dual pocket 4mil single flap with the adhesive strip. I was quite impressed with the variety of outer sleeves available on their website. Super fast shipping from Canada!
    This is the first experience with cast polypropylene sleeves, been using Sleeve city polypropylene 3 mil resealable sleeves. These are well made and have a “soft” feel to them. They are not as clear as the ones I’ve been using from Sleeve City, but are clear nonetheless. They are also smaller than the ones from sleeve city. The website description is correct, these won’t fit Tone poets or Mofi gatefolds.
    As recommended, using 2 for gatefolds worked perfectly. I found using 2 is of these is a great solution for all those seam split Mofi gatefolds. I’m finding that and really like the extra pocket for easy access to the LP. I normally store my LP inside the jacket for best protection, but the 4 mil thickness of these offer plenty of protection.
    Overall very pleased, and will be ordering more.

Budley and Swordsandchains like this.
  11. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

didn't realize there was a thread for this. I made a first time purchase about 1-2 months ago for the dual flap single/double LP 4mm. I've been enjoying them so far but I still haven't gotten the hang of putting the jacket in first properly in order to orient putting the LP in. I have to take the jacket out about 4 times before I figure out which way it goes lol. I also find the flap to be a little hard tucking in after putting in the LP because it wants to go into the LP sleeve (in this case MOFI rice paper sleeve). Since last I checked, the larger size were still unavailable, i'm still using sleeve city for those over sized double and triple gatefolds.

Nephrodoc likes this.
  12. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

Tuckable flaps… hmmm.

I’m in favor of coddling and tenderly protecting my clean vinyl as much as the next vinyl fiend, but is this a solution to a real problem?

I’d be interested in getting the household dust boffins to scientifically measure how much dust can reach a vinyl album placed in a sleeve that’s stored open side up inside an LP jacket that’s inside a standard outer sleeve, stacked vertically on a shelf with other albums. Not much of a real window of opportunity would be my guess.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  13. tubesandvinyl

tubesandvinyl Forum Resident

Best outer sleeves ever.

I use the dual pocket, sealable, 4ml for single jacket LPs, and the oversized for gatefold LPs.

Couldn't be happier.

Go Canada Go!!

Swordsandchains likes this.
  14. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

If anyone is interested, I just got the re-stock email and ordered the oversized dual pocket dual flap that is suppose to fit the MOFI One-Steps, etc

15. schugh

schugh Forum Resident

I did order some last year and they are good quality.
    Unfortunately the batch I got just simply weren't the advertised size.
    They were a 1/4" less on each side which makes all the difference.
    I could only mostly fit single thin LPs.
    Double LPs were out of the question and single LP gatefolds didn't fit either or very tight making it hard to get them in and out.

It's probably just my luck as somehow I got some bad batch I'm guessing.

But the owner is very nice as he refunded my money.

16. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Anyone try their inner sleeves?

17. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

yep, have the 2 mil inners, like them more than Mofi or QRP sleeves

18. vss

vss Well-Known Member

Sorry, but mofi one steps don't fit in this sleeve. Thanks
    Mike

19. vss

vss Well-Known Member

Yep, you did and unfortunately it happens time to time, though rarely. Thanks for bring it to my attention, it helped me to rectify the problem.
    Thanks
    Mike

20. Leao

Leao Forum Resident

Great products!

21. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

@vss Mike,

I have been a fan of your products for a long time and have ordered various items in bulk (I love the 4mil outer dual pocket resealable and the 3 mil rice paper inners).

i know you are developing other products, but are you considering a product that would fit the MoFi One Step box?

22. vss

vss Well-Known Member

Thanks for your support! Both of those items ship in the 1000's per week, hugely popular.
    Yes, I am working on something for the 1 steps. Right now I'm collecting size data (if you can help?) on different versions. I need measurements in mm and the title of the box set.

Hogues likes this.
  23. vss

vss Well-Known Member

Thanks!

24. vss

vss Well-Known Member

Thanks!

25. Hogues

Hogues Forum Resident

Also just want to chime in and say how much I love these products. Can't wait for the One Step sleeves!​