Dancing With The Stars

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Still no replacement announced yet.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident Thread Starter

3. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Good for you @MikaelaArsenault - I"m actually quite surprised that a Dancing With The Stars thread has gone 20 pages! :winkgrin: Oh, I see, it's mostly just links to articles. Not much discussion. Anyhow, I'd already decided to watch this season b/c I wanted to see Melanie C compete. She & Melora Hardin are the only contestants I'm familiar with. & I sorta recognized the actor who was eliminated last night (which, that elimination was easy to call!) I've felt that Melanie C was the talent (or most talented, w/Victoria Beckham, aka Posh Spice being the least, at least singing-wise, have no idea about her designer talents) of the Spice Girls. While I don't own any Spice Girls records, I do enjoy some pop music occasionally & have picked up 2 of Melanie C's solo CDs. I"m glad she's doing so well in the competition so far & hope that continues. Though in keeping w/the show's cheesiness, after 2 episodes of plugging the Britishness, I'm finding it already a little irritating, but recognize they "plug" something from each contestants' persona, i.e. Melora Hardon, "Mom", Matt James 'hot" guy (some skinny pegs on him!) I recognize him from the Bachelor ads; never watch any of those shows; I'm not big on reality shows, in general & really each year, less & less on the new scripted ones, too! :sigh: He's good, but after Melanie C, for me, next would be Olympic gymnast, Suni Lee. However, I did only catch the last half of last night's episode, #2; it's not something that I'm going to be devoted about catching or viewing OnDemand if I miss it first-run. The 1st week I was toggling between this & the Fox show which is a fictional show pretty much same thing; I didn't do so last night.

I knew I hadn't viewed it in a loooong time. Remembered that the one I'd been most invested in was the one Kelly Monaco won & thought that might've been Season 1, so checked & yup...I browsed winners from succeeding seasons & discovered I actually haven't viewed it since Season 6.

Tyra Banks looked ridiculous in that get-up :rolleyes::laugh: - like a cross between Morticia Adams & that dinosaur in Jurassic Park which squirted it's poisonous goo @ Wayne Knight's character.
    It's too bad Cheryl Burke caught covid - hope she'll be alright.

4. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

Who was the "genius" who fired Tom Bergeron? What was wrong with him? I feel like they fired him for no reason.

5. shokhead

$$ I'm guessing. Paying her less saves rather then paying 2 more. She is why I DVR for an hour and then watch so I can FF everything she opens her mouth.

MikaelaArsenault and Paper Shark like this.
  6. shokhead

Cheryl Burke's 'Dancing with the Stars' partner Cody Rigsby tests positive for Covid

7. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

Unfortunately, something like this has happened before. I think Aaron Carter had swine flu, and he still competed. Though in his case, it was in the ballroom, and not at home.

8. MikaelaArsenault

Thank you @LilacTeardrop!

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  9. MikaelaArsenault

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  10. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Are they paying her less? Plus she’s a producer so there’s extra money right there. I suspect Tom was sacked for political reasons. He spoked his mind.

Shoes1916 likes this.
  11. shokhead

It's always money and other things I won't go into.

jpelg likes this.
  12. MikaelaArsenault

13. shokhead

I liked her outfit!

14. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

This was an idea that really wasn't workable. They made a valiant, good-faith effort, but remote-dancing:rolleyes:...that's practically an oxymoron. ~ Rest of the show was quite good, I thought! Continuing to enjoy my favorites & thought that The Miz gave quite a performance. Olivia Jade clearly out-in-front last night, very nicely done. Suni Lee a step backwards, but she's one I'm rooting for, hmmm, either my 2nd or 3rd fav. It was good that I haven't watched it in years, affording me a renewed interest in this season! :) (Helps that a good portion of the rest of tv entertainment content is pretty lacking, so not much competition there. :sigh::winkgrin:)

15. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

NOBODY beats The Miz!

[​IMG]

jpelg and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  16. shokhead

Not this week!

17. pocofan

pocofan Senior Member

Probably demographics. Trying to broaden their audience by appealing to a different demographic group. Bergeron is a good host. I think the show is mindless entertainment and he was an amiable guy. I’d say it hasn’t worked out. My God, I’d like to compare Tyra and Peyton Manning’s forehead size.

18. MikaelaArsenault

A lot of people are saying that they should've resigned.

19. shokhead

A lot of who people?

20. rock4ev

rock4ev Forum Resident

In my opinion this isn't a show, it's program to keep you watching/tuning in so you will see all the advertisements sold as they know through numbers you will be tuning in.

I'd rather watch a show about Bigfoot or the Lockness Monster.
    We know won't find them but more interesting even though it is to sell advertising, and that Oak Island show is as bad as masked singer imo.
    If you like it and all the commercials that is great if makes happy.

21. shokhead

Bigfoot can’t dance like those pros but they could very well teach him and that’s one reason I watch, those guys are great!
    BTW, a DVR can be your friend for commercials

MikaelaArsenault and rock4ev like this.
  22. rock4ev

rock4ev Forum Resident

My bad I thought it a "The Masked Singer".thread I stumbled into.

Those singing contests shows I always thought were corny and if (insert a legendary singer) was on those shows (keep in mind a lot of singers I have in mind have all paused on). I always felt there is no wrong way or perfect way to sing in a band, just good and unique those two combined make for a special voice/sound and most to many would never get to finals, let alone past the first stage.

It would be something to see Bigfoot let alone dance, lol.

All good
    Cheers:righton:

23. MikaelaArsenault

A lot of people on sites such as Reddit.

24. MikaelaArsenault

There is a thread for The Masked Singer, but it hasn't had posts in awhile.

25. shokhead

Oh! That holds no value for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.