Let It Be/Get Back 50th Anniversary Releases! (Content and Sound Quality Discussion Only)!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bruce Burgess, Jul 16, 2020.

1. VicSchwarz

VicSchwarz Forum Resident

Or they weren’t able to locate the 1970 master with I Me Mine and Across the Universe, but they located the 1969 full master. I really hope that’s what happened

Lewisboogie and cmi like this.
  2. hlennarz

hlennarz Forum Resident

wrong, since "For You Blue" isn't the actual 1969 mix, but instead the version from the 1970 mix with the 69 intro edited on...

yet for some reason, the other 2 tracks of the 1970 mix are in horrid quality...

Lewisboogie, slane and Onder like this.
  3. VicSchwarz

In this case, I really hope I Me Mine and Across the Universe will be the only mixes that sound bad, and the rest will sound great

ronbow likes this.
  4. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

I didn’t know the EP version/Johns Mix of “Across the Universe” had been released already.

Paul P. and zobalob like this.
  5. VicSchwarz

Sorry, that’s because my theory is the 2 Glyn Johns tracks on the EP will be sourced from bootlegs, and the rest of Get Back will be sourced from the masters, as the EP wasn’t part of the project originally and could be more of an afterthought

Lewisboogie and ronbow like this.
  6. hlennarz

hlennarz Forum Resident

Yep. That's exactly what I'm thinking. They quickly grabbed the first source they could find for the 2 EP tracks. The EP wasn't originally planned for this release.

Lewisboogie, ronbow, supermd and 3 others like this.
  7. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I'm really surprised at how much fly on the wall material is included here. I'd forgotten about that disc it's not even that great....
    Surprised how much previously released material is included altogether

8. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Out of the 4 Beatle Sets, this is easily my least favorite. Just my personal opinion . I look forward to everyone's opinion soon.

9. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Is that because of more previously released material compared to the others? How does the book included measure up to the others though?

10. VicSchwarz

The only thing that would make me dislike this box would be a bad sound quality for the Get Back album. I’m really looking forward to listen to this album in great quality

Lewisboogie and ronbow like this.
  11. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I don't dislike the box, just saying that my least favorite of the 4

12. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

No reason to panic over one man's opinion. Just a week away from all questions being answered. As usual, I expect the forum to land good, bad and everywhere in between. But always a time that I enjoy when you get to see what others think

13. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

14. VicSchwarz

Sorry, I didn’t want to say you disliked it, I was just expressing my only possible concern, otherwise I’m really excited to hear the whole box, and looking forward to read your opinion

Lewisboogie likes this.
  15. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Yeah, no worries. Just wanted to make sure nobody misunderstood what I was saying.

16. Nogoodnik

Nogoodnik Celebrity Jeopardy and Mini Crossword smart

Oh, it'll land everywhere there's room to land. When that runs out, some will negotiate space and the rest will likely land on each other.

therockman likes this.
  17. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

sounds messy :hide:

Nogoodnik likes this.
  18. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

I think i’m going to like it more than the Abbey Road set. I didn’t click with the AR remix, and the outtakes were sorta…..just what you’d expect. No fun stuff like early One After 909.

maccawings and Carl80 like this.
  19. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Stand alone book Get Back £40.
    Seen it in Waterstones. Flicked through it, better then I thought. But .. the quality of the photos aren’t as good as the 1970 book which came with original Let It Be album boxset.
    Looks like digital copies of Ethan A. Russell & Linda McCartney’s photos. As, is it’s not a bad facsimile of the original.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  20. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

Sadly no, the 'Get Back' "1969" Glyn Johns disk is taken from multiple sources (Bootlegs included) and around half are the 1970 mixes , not the one from 1969 (third compilation). The most notorious are "Dig A Pony" and "For You Blue" but others as well.

21. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

zobalob likes this.
  22. EmceeEscher

EmceeEscher Forum Resident

Maybe in Spring 1970 Spector shot bullet holes in the Glyn Johns masters.

23. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

Since when does this forum have to wait for release date to express displeasure?

nasa09 and audiotom like this.
  24. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

True
    It s way overrated to actually experience something before forming an opinion.
    :)

kevintee likes this.
  25. steepien

steepien Forum Resident

What others are you referring to? I thought the only songs which received changes for the 1970 compilation were Dig a Pony and For You Blue.