Prices increase Madness

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by F.U.B.B, Oct 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F.U.B.B

F.U.B.B Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone out there taking a step backwards in buying new stuff. Vinyl prices getting stupid. Massive increases taking place and about to get worse.

Man at C&A likes this.
  2. optoman

optoman Forum Resident

So it’s not about the band Madness?

3. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Everything is getting more expensive right now.

LordThanos1969 and Dave like this.
  4. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

Everything seems to be alright from my experience. Buying about the same amount as I usually do - admittedly that's not very much (2~4 items/month on average).

I've never been a binge spender. Definitely would not think of starting now.

5. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

The prices are One Step Beyond ridiculous these days!

Man at C&A, breakingglass and optoman like this.
  6. idledreamer

idledreamer Still idle

I just picked up the 2LP of War On Drugs Lost In The Dream from a brick and mortar retail chain yesterday for $20. All the other vinyl I looked at was $30, $35, $40. I felt like I made out like a bandit.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  7. optoman

optoman Forum Resident

Yes, my favourite record store is no longer a House Of Fun. The prices can give me a Cardiac Arrest.
    I suppose I can Take It Or Leave It

Man at C&A and Chemguy like this.
  8. MARTHY

MARTHY Forum Resident

Search online for "shortages" at WalMart and Costco, for example. Everything is in short supply, and what is available has increased in price drastically. There are shortages everywhere due to shipping/trucking issues, and that has to affect vinyl records as well. Besides, according to the U.S. Inflation Calculator, if you paid $3.99 for an album in 1971, that album today would cost $26.95. That's life; that's capitalism in a Covid environment.

9. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Target doesn't even put prices on vinyl on the holding bin or disc. We know why: rip city.

10. F.U.B.B

F.U.B.B Forum Resident Thread Starter

Love the guy and his music. But Peter Frampton started this post for me. His new album here in the UK, 3 sides costing over £40. Plus yet another Eagles live double approaching same. Keeping head down till this silly silly asking price slows down.

11. Daring

Daring My quest to marry Stevie Nicks has failed

Yep..the gouging stops when people quit buying. Thing is people won't. As a species we are so predictable and the powers that be know it.

12. I buy a brand of naturally-flavored carbonated water that pre-Covid was $2 per 12-pack, and often on sale for around $1.50. It’s now $6 regular price and I’ve seen it for $5 on sale. This is store-brand/generic water, not something like Evian. What’s that, a 300% increase? Insane. One of the things that made it easier to give up sodas was that the carbonated flavored waters were cheaper than colas etc. Not so any more.

13. tribby2001

tribby2001 Forum Resident

What did you expect a fire sale?

Massive injection of helicopter money and supply chain issues causing shortages. The gubmint has increased the supply of cash by 25% in one year - HUGE!
    It's like pushing on a string.

You cut product supply and increase money supply of course prices for everything will shoot up. Next up the gubmint will take it all back with higher taxes so they can increase their bureaucracy.

Dumb unintended(?) consequences of economic ignorance on behalf of your gubmint and the electorate.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  14. inaudible

inaudible Forum Resident

I ordered Pet Sounds 33 for $29.75 on Acoustic Sounds less than a year ago, it's Backordered now and the list price is $60. The 45 I paid $55 and it's now $80. I wouldn't not have dropped that coin one those. AS has become MMJ

15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Welcome to the house of fun.

16. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

The prices are becoming an Embarrassment.

Lost In The Flood and It's Felix like this.
  17. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i remember when EVERY new release CD was $9.99 until the next tuesday. not anymore, not even close.

las vegas is the prime example though, everything there costs stupid money, and the place is packed, lines to get in every restaurant.

a couple of quick vegas examples:

2 eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast at the all american cafe in paris las vegas - $24.....want coffee with that $6......OJ - $8

2 burgers, 1 order of fries, one 22 ounce beer and one sangria - $82 +change - gordon ramsey brger - planet hollywood - and line is 30 yards long and an hour.

18. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

They are an Embarrassment….

Chemguy likes this.
  19. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

It really is Complete Madness

Man at C&A and Chemguy like this.
  20. idledreamer

idledreamer Still idle

Aluminum shortage.

Shawn likes this.