Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

westcj likes this.
  2. Big Swifty

Frightwig and croquetlawns like this.
  3. Big Swifty

croquetlawns and westcj like this.
  4. Big Swifty

Frightwig likes this.
  5. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

westcj likes this.
  6. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

I can never fathom how my email alerts for this thread just randomly stop every few months - weird!

Sigma6, Mylene, Big Swifty and 2 others like this.
  7. westcj

westcj I'm like a wombat on the rampage

The Amazon description is a bit misleading, it is not a double LP, but it may come with a CD, and the record may be on red vinyl!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    croquetlawns and Big Swifty like this.
  8. Big Swifty

You're right. LP and CD. Apologies.

9. Big Swifty

10. Big Swifty

Bonddm and Jimmy Agates like this.
  11. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

I’ve got mates who regularly claim this’s the best live album ever, yet didn’t purchase this after baulking at the price!
    Not sure exactly how cheap they expected it to be!

Big Swifty and croquetlawns like this.
  12. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

$60 is a bargain for this set. And yes it's one of the top 2 live albums ever recorded

croquetlawns, Big Swifty and Bonddm like this.
  13. Big Swifty

14. sleeptalker

sleeptalker Forum Resident

I believe that these were not burnt from the Tapes Capitol used and therefore are mostly the same as The UK Stereo Release

"The masters for the US versions of the albums are partially based on the original 1960s masters delivered by EMI and the 2009 remasters released in The Beatles (The Original Studio Recordings) and The Beatles in Mono. Unique stereo and mono mixes prepared in the UK for US release are sourced from the original tapes. Any unique versions prepared for US release were recreated for this set. The tapes used for the 2004 and 2006 Capitol boxed sets drawn from the Capitol tapes were not used in this set "

15. westcj

16. westcj

Not Amazon related but I watched the Four Corners expose on Sony Music Australia CEO Denis Handlin. One of the interviewees pulled out a vinyl copy of Steve Forbert's Alive On Arrival to play - did she really want to hear "Goin' Down to Laurel" or was she subtly letting the audience know that Forbert also had a long battle with Sony (USA)?

17. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

Amazon finally have a price for the Bowie Brilliant Adventures box - $221.80 for the 11 CD set, which is slightly better than JBs ($239)but still pretty expensive. They haven't posted the price for the vinyl set yet, but JB have it for $1040 :yikes:

I previously mentioned Beatles and Pink Floyd tax, and it seems that Bowie might be getting added to that premium group.

Easy-E, ispace and westcj like this.
  18. westcj

croquetlawns likes this.
  19. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

The 6 x 10" Toy would cost about $199 aust to get from the US amazon

The LP box set is $549 aust delivered

Frightwig and croquetlawns like this.
  20. croquetlawns

Yep, it's sad when it's cheaper for us to order from o-s, even with international postage, than buying locally.

21. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

What's the deal with duties or GST now? The USA LP box set price looks good, does that include the import deposit! I've just ordered from Amazon France to UK recently for about £300. I'm hopefully returning to Sydney to live again next April. Am I in for a shock buying vinyl from Amazon AU? I guess it's all thanks to Gerry Harvey and his mates! I used to buy from Amazon UK to Sydney and shipping was reasonable, plus VAT subtracted. I guess that's all gone now? I'm shipping back my 1500++ records again to Sydney. I said never again in 2015....but here I go again :) hopefully another Brilliant Adventure! :)

Frightwig, westcj and croquetlawns like this.
  22. croquetlawns

GST is added when you purchase, VAT etc is still deducted if using ordering from an international site.

imarcq likes this.
  23. Big Swifty

While you are returning to what I consider the greatest country on earth, prepare yourself for massively overpriced vinyl. High freight costs and a low population makes everything more expensive. It will be a shock to the system.

But we've got a good little thing going here so come and join us when you've landed.

croquetlawns, westcj and imarcq like this.
  24. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

So double sales tax now? That sucks :(

25. Big Swifty

Aussie pressing likes this.