Let It Be/Get Back 50th Anniversary Pricing & Shipping Thread!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

I already dropped the ball on the All Things Must Pass just opting for the 3-CD set from Target (got my stickers) since I really don’t like all the compression they used. Anyway, I’m gonna get the Let It Be deluxe BR/CD set and it’s all ready pre-ordered. I want it bad enough I guess.

MrSka57 likes this.
  2. parkgrover

parkgrover Forum Resident

Still not sure which way to go on this one....had planned to get the big vinyl deluxe package but really not sure how much I am gonna play some of the outtakes - the Glyn Johns stuff is pretty sloppy to my ears, and not sure it stands up to repeated listens. Might stream first and then take the plunge! Also CD might be the way to go on this one now

3. chrism1971

chrism1971 Forum Resident

I have the 4+LP set on order from a local store in the UK (same place I got the Beach Boys recent set) and am certainly looking forward to it for two main reasons: having got the Mono LP box plus my original 1969 purchase of Abbey Road (plus the Red and Blue doubles) I'll have effectively bought all their albums on vinyl new, which makes a nice change after years of good but secondhand copies; and the vinyl box is a 50-year-on version of the Cardboard Tombstone as the British press (I think) dubbed the original box in 1970. Hurrah! Plus I can afford it.

ronbow likes this.
  4. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Senior Member

Those who were able to get it for $90 from ImportCDs.

5. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Thanks! I guess Amazon.ca would be the most reliable option, then.

6. Nogoodnik

Nogoodnik Celebrity Jeopardy and Mini Crossword smart

True. But, those of us who did weren’t aware that you also needed to be quick on the draw as the price went up later the same day it posted. Pretty sure it was $98 initially before it went up, btw. That’s what I got it for, anyway.

7. My 5cd box shipped from ImportCDs .Only trouble is it will take about 4 weeks to get here.

beatlesblogger and Myke like this.
  8. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Senior Member

Yeah, it was $98 and there was a 10% coupon floating about.

Myke likes this.
  9. This might have been the only instance I have come across where ImportCDs played the Amazon game of moving prices around.Always before their first listed price would stay.I saw the $98 but didn’t jump on it because there were other things about to be listed I wanted to add to that order.There was obviously a big spike in demand but I hope they don’t continue this game in the future.

10. Tom F.

Tom F. Forum Resident

It's $100 now with shipping at DeepDiscount when you use the coupon code CANDYCORN. Total with tax for me came to $108.28 out the door, cheapest price I've seen it yet.

mrjinks likes this.
  11. Nogoodnik

Nogoodnik Celebrity Jeopardy and Mini Crossword smart

Get Back book on its way from Amazon! Should be here tomorrow!

Gavaxeman and kevintee like this.
  12. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

That's weird, because the coupon code says for In-Stock items only. I was going to order something else, but then realized it was a pre-order.

13. Tom F.

Tom F. Forum Resident

I agree but they have it In Stock now so it's no longer considered a pre-order and the coupon code works on it.

JeffreyB likes this.
  14. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

Tom F. likes this.
  15. drum_cas

drum_cas Forum Resident

Orders the LP box, Will buy the blu-ray box when the wallet is fuller
    Ordered through platomania.nl. Hope they’ll send it friday, fingers crossed.
    Got a message from my sister-in-law that the book is delivered, a belated birthdaygift. Now I only have to show no signs of Covid (was tested positive last week, luckily just flu, nothing to serious), and I can start to read and listen!

Electric Sydney likes this.
  16. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

The book and music will fix you right up I bet.

richierichie and drum_cas like this.
  17. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Forum Resident

Ordered the book from Amazon UK backnwhen it was first announced and though release date shows as today and it is I stock, estimated delivery is showing as Nov 4....

18. parkgrover

Saw some copies of the Get Back book in Waterstones UK earlier this week - £40 a copy

19. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

Amazon.ca just raised the price on the LP set from 196.00 to 225.00 !!!
    My pre order on the CD set still states release date and no eta.
    A friend told me his order states an eta of between the 19th and the 21st..that sucks..

20. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Nothing from Musicvaultz yet on either the SD or LP sets. No surprise there!

21. John D.

John D. Senior Member

PopMarket just dinged my CC for the LP box set, hope it arrives sooner than later.

22. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

My book was received last week as ordered from German amz.

23. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Get back book arrived today from amazon U.K...very weighty ...wife has took it away for wrapping for imminent birthday present...and will do the same with the cd box set ....so I’m gonna be waiting an extra month :(

24. mjfan1987

mjfan1987 Forum Resident

I ended up cancelling my preorder yesterday as well I will wait it out. Money isn't the best right now, and paying 140 dollars to get 1 LP I want isn't quite worth it.

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for Amazon warehouse deals.

Funny how in Paul McCartney 3 2 1 he talked about how LPs were expensive and that they wanted to put extras in them to make it worthwhile. Yet they price gouge to the highest degree.

BTW not hating on anyone buying this or looking forward to it.

25. parkgrover

Gonna go for the big CD set - although I think the vinyl set looks great I prefer to have sessions/outtakes in CD format so I can skip about better. Plus kind of running out of space in my vinyl area! Might pick up the main album LP if the verdict on pressing is good. I think the book is same in both formats