Madonna pushing for Nurse Diesel role in “High Anxiety” remake?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry, Oct 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff Thread Starter

It just seems too perfect. Although Madonna would be 12 years older than Cloris when she played Nurse Diesel. Maybe Sean Penn could play Dr. Montague, the Harvey Korman role.

upload_2021-10-10_9-19-47.jpeg

upload_2021-10-10_9-25-16.jpeg

2. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

...because the Under The Cherry Moon revamp proposal fell on deaf ears...?

3. '05Train

'05Train Crashin' & Flyin' & Livin' & Dyin'

The Brooks catalog should never, ever be remade.

4. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Sadly, it already has...on Broadway...TWICE!

5. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

She might as well, as it seems that her hopes and dreams of becoming a late night talk show "crashed on the desk" last week while visiting The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.

parman and longdist01 like this.
  6. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

Lord no.

Damiano54 likes this.
  7. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

She would be the worst late night talk show host since Joan Rivers.

I am curious, has anyone seen any evidence that Madonna has a sense of humor?

Maurice, Spaghettiows and unclefred like this.
  8. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

In her famous appearance with Letterman in the mid 90s when she dropped a bunch of f-bombs, she was able to laugh at herself pretty good every time Dave burned her, which was numerous times, so I will give her that. Granted, that was over 25 years ago. That's all I got. lol

guy incognito and Chris DeVoe like this.
  9. Chris DeVoe

I enjoyed the documentary Truth or Dare, but I would have expected it to show up in that context, but she just appear driven and serious - admirable qualities, and certainly ones necessary for success, but I've always thought a sense of humor was the most important in terms of being someone anyone would want to spend any time with.

10. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Sure. She's had plenty of interviews where she's been funny.

Madonna seemed to "go serious" after the double whammy of "Evita" and motherhood. She seemed like a lot of fun in the first half of the 90s but less so in the 2nd half.

Since then? Hit or miss. Sometimes we see the fun side of Madonna, other times she seems like a downer... :shrug:

GoodKitty and guy incognito like this.
  11. Chris DeVoe

Do you have any examples? I'm not looking for the skills of a professional comic, just something equivalent to what a friend with a good sense of humor might say.

12. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all.....

Hey if it works out she could next be Frau Blucher in a “Young Frankenstein” remake.

PeanutButterParty and parman like this.
  13. Jay_Z

Jay_Z Forum Resident

We need a remake of a Hitchcock parody? Hitchcock hasn't released anything new since this came out. I'm pretty sure Brooks got it all back then.

14. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I dunno - I'd have to poke around online.

She's always been funny at shows! :shrug:

15. '05Train

'05Train Crashin' & Flyin' & Livin' & Dyin'

I'll give her A League of Their Own. Great movie, and she was perfect for her role.

16. Chris DeVoe

I love that film, and she was perfectly fine in it, but I was talking more about the sort of things one might say off the cuff, rather than in a scripted role.

I'm just going by my recollections of her during the early days of MTV, seeing a whole bunch of interviews with her, and seeing a couple of different documentaries, that I haven't seen any examples of her displaying a sense of humor.

'05Train likes this.
  17. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

George said that he had never seen two people so totally humorless than Penn and her.

Scott222C and Chris DeVoe like this.
  18. Did you mean Lordes said; "no"

unclefred likes this.
  19. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

I don't think there's any reason Madonna wouldn't be good in that role, but I fail to understand who the target audience would be for a remake of High Anxiety. How many people under the age of 40 have any idea who Hitchcock even is, let alone would understand a parody of his directing style?

I'll fall off of my chair if somebody remakes Blazing Saddles.

PeanutButterParty likes this.
  20. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Oh yeah, all the uses of the n word in that movie, it's screaming for a remake in 2021

Spaghettiows likes this.
  21. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

Listen, the "get woke go broke" crowd need something to spend their money on :laugh:

johnod likes this.
  22. Hokeyboy

Hokeyboy Nudnik of Dinobots

The only time Madonna has ever made me laugh has been whilst watching Body of Evidence.

23. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

It's just so irrelevant. High Anxiety is a perfectly fine homage/send up of Hitchcock movies but how many people even know who Hitchcock is anymore or care? Further evidence to me that with all these cries for content, Hollywood is running on fumes.

g.z. likes this.
  24. Wholeheartedly agree. Whether produced as a movie or musical, a High Anxiety remake does seem like an odd business endeavor - particularly from a marketing standpoint - considering that most of the contemporary audience they'd require to turn a profit probably wouldn't know Alfred Hitchcock's oeuvre (with the possible exception of The Birds) from Robyn Hitchcock's. Then again, that's probably why Madge's perceived star power is being called upon.

25. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Wait. Lorde passed on this role already? Is that why Madonna is looking at it?

unclefred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.