Let It Be/Get Back 50th Anniversary Pricing & Shipping Thread!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Aug 26, 2021.

1. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

Now they have dropped the LP set back to 197.00..

Oaw likes this.
  2. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

Got notice from Bullmoose today. SDE 5cd/bluray prepared for shipping. Yes !

supermd, RiRiIII, BertDert and 4 others like this.
  3. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

What was the lowest it ever got at Amazon.ca for the two boxed sets (CD and LP)?

4. calluses

calluses Forum Resident

The lowest prices on Amazon.ca were

$173.84 for the LP SDE
    $161.95 for the CD SDE

gkella and 5th-beatle like this.
  5. sadchel

sadchel Forum Resident

Yeah I don't believe the $161.95 budged one inch

too bad Amazon.ca didn't make a pricing error like they did on Abbey Rd and Pepper (they didn't honor the Pepper error but did on Abbey Rd)

formu_la likes this.
  6. 5th-beatle

Thanks! I guess Amazon.ca is the most reliable option, as I've read that MusicVaultz can take a long while to deliver and the pandemic is delaying packages sent from the US to Canada.

7. calluses

calluses Forum Resident

For a big release, yes, I'd say Amazon.ca is pretty reliable. They've been flakey with some of the indie releases for which they'd just cancel orders they couldn't fulfill (earlier this year). MusicVaultz has been pretty unreliable for me; they couldn't fulfill the yellow McCartney III orders after delaying for months, and they also couldn't deliver on the Ram half-speed remaster - to be fair, anything that you couldn't find in-store in Canada, MusicVaultz wouldn't have it either. The difference was MV made it look like they could actually fulfill their preorders whereas the Canadian retail stores knew they wouldn't.

5th-beatle likes this.
  8. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

You have to have patience! Really the only delay I had with MV was The Band Stage Fright box that came 2 or 3 months after release, but the price was so much lower than anywhere else, especially after release, that I waited it out and did not cancel.

9. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

I was hoping the LP price would drop back to 173.84..but no….so I went with the CDs..

10. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Bull Moose shipping my standalone vinyl Priority, for free I'm proud to add. Love the moose.

11. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

I stupidly cancelled the Get Back book I had preordered from the Dodgers (that’s Amazon) after thinking I get a 100 page book with the LP S.E., why do I need another? The price I cancelled at was just over £26. But after reading the positive comments on the book it was gnawing away at me, so I’ve reordered from the Dodgers for £29+.

Incidentally @Lovecraft my copy arrives tomorrow, Bezos must be taking yours on a few orbits around Planet Earth!

12. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Just received a preparing to ship/tracking notice from Bull Moose for my Let It Be super deluxe CD set with free Priority Mail shipping! :righton:

Also just had the Get Back book delivered from Amazon!
    :wiggle:

13. Colinjpush

Colinjpush Master of Rhythm and Pacing

I preordered both the 6 disc set and book from the official Beatles site back in early September as part as one order, and given the email I got a week or so ago regarding the delay in shipping of the book, I’m assuming my 6 disc set will be delayed too given they’re both part of the same order, unless that’s not the case. Hope not, would love to crack something Let It Be or Get Back related this weekend. I’ve also never preordered anything off the Beatles’ official site, but I have ordered other things from there over the years and had no problems whatsoever. The order still said in progress a bit ago, and the date for the book says 10/29, the money hasn’t left my account yet, so ...

Anybody else who preordered from the official site see/hear anything yet? Just curious.

14. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Forum Resident

Bored on a train I called up Amazon for an online chat and a whinge. Operative on the other side had me cancel and reorder, meanwhile adding a £5 credit to my account. So, its getting delivered in a few hours for £24.75. Happy days :D

mradmack likes this.
  15. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

If you lay it flat on a table with about 4 inches overhanging, then slap it hard from below, you should be able to make it flip pretty satisfyingly, after a few tries. I wouldn't want to do that with the LP box, mind. Good luck to you(r friend)!

supermd, JeffreyB, mrjinks and 8 others like this.
  16. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

Anyone hear from PopMarket yet?

No reply about an estimated shipping / delivery date in email or that I see on the site.

it’s already paid for (LP box), used CC through PayPal. considering calling to cancel and go with Amazon who guarantees release day delivery (and better customer service) for $12 more

Saw the picture disc locally today.. pretty nice.

Geordiepete likes this.
  17. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

I ordered the LP from PopMarket, who emailed me a couple of days ago to say they shipped it. I guess they send their overseas parcels early (I'm out here in the Japans), to reduce waiting time.

groovelocked likes this.
  18. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

Thanks Geordiepete. Good to know!

Geordiepete likes this.
  19. foreverrock

foreverrock Forum Resident

Just got an email from PopMarket that my LP box has shipped.

ConnieGuitar and groovelocked like this.
  20. 5th-beatle

Is the Let It Be picture disc available at Amazon.ca? I don't see it there.

21. drum_cas

drum_cas Forum Resident

Received an email from Platomania, order is processed and shipped!

arnt and mestreech like this.
  22. m5comp

m5comp Classic Rock Lover

The LP/tote bag combo I pre-ordered from Barnes and Noble has a USPS tracking number now. As for the CD box set from Amazon, nothing yet. :(

ex_mixer likes this.
  23. Libertine

Libertine Forum Resident

Is there a better price for the 5 LP set than £129?

For Uk buyers it might be wise to contact Roan Records in Teddington, Middlesex.

24. Linky53

Linky53 Forum Resident

Try What Records. I order regularly from them. £115 for the vinyl set plus delivery of £8.

mradmack likes this.
  25. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    5th-beatle likes this.