Tears For Fears - The Tipping Point- February 2022 release*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by NunoBento, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Ryan Lux

Ryan Lux Senior Member

They should open with "Listen". Sure they'd try everyone's patience but when they launch into a hit afterwards, the payoff would be killer.

whisper3978 and enro99 like this.
  2. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory

... as a cover version playback, to be exact ...

3. humanracer

humanracer Forum Resident

4. Swann36

Swann36 A widower finding solace in music

Hi all somewhat late to the party here i fear

..... as an OG owner since release of SFTBC ...i've just found this thread and pre ordered 'TP' ... excited for the record next year ... do we know anything about the mastering of the record compared to the cd release ?

oh as well what would be the difference between the deluxe cd and the record if any in terms of music ?

5. robsabres

robsabres Forum Resident

JeffMo likes this.
  6. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

A full breakdown of formats and tracklists can be found here: Tears For Fears announce a new studio album: ‘The Tipping Point’ – SuperDeluxeEdition

ARK, Curveboy, omikron and 2 others like this.
  7. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Not sure exactly how late you are, but last year's Seeds boxset and this year's Live At Massey Hall 1985 are both excellent.

Halcyon days indeed for us long suffering fans!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    ARK and D-rock like this.
  8. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

It would be the only non-Curt performance of Change; Pale Shelter also only appears in one other setlist from the Curt-less years...
    Leading into their own version!
    "Listen" was the intro tape on the 1985 tour. I don't really see that working as a full live song, given how much of it is programmed...

9. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Didn't Roland sing "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" at all the shows on the Elemental and Raoul tours?

The other Curt-led songs were rare during 1993-96, but I think that one was a regular inclusion. I know I saw it.

10. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

He sang it at my Elemental show.

11. humanracer

I find these set lists a bit dubious. I just can’t picture Roland singing Change. Also these supposed performances of Laid so Low. Unless there is further evidence I remain skeptical.

JulesRules likes this.
  12. JulesRules

You'd expect to be a live recording... that said "Laid So Low" was a hit single, so I wouldn't rule them out doing it on a few shows.
    Yes, there are some recordings of it. Some are really slow too.

D-rock likes this.
  13. morgan1098

I keep seeing TFF stories pop up in my news feed. It's great, but I don't really understand the strategy. They're doing a great job of building momentum and interest in the new album... but the album doesn't come out until late February! Will we still see these kinds of stories popping up in mid-November, mid-December, mid-January? Do people really want to be told how awesome an album is for a full 1/3 of a year before they actually get to listen to it?

14. Don Mendez

Don Mendez Well-Known Member

Acoustic sounds taking pre orders for February release 2022.

15. JulesRules

Since they have two more pre-release singles lined up, I guess the answer is yes?

D-rock likes this.
  16. morgan1098

I'd be surprised if we see a new round of stories in The Guardian, NME, etc. when those are "released" though. And that brings up another point, many bands do one pre-album single and then two or three more after the album is released. In this case it's three singles before the album?

JulesRules and D-rock like this.
  17. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

Seems to be the not-so-new norm in this "streaming era" of popular music, particularly where physical singles are rarely a thing. Half of a given album is out as individual tracks (officially) by the time the album itself drops.

ARK, JulesRules, krimson and 2 others like this.
  18. hEARt PhoniX

I still guess that the main thought behind this early album announcement may be to get ticket sales going, preferably for christmas.
    With the promise to unveil more tour dates ...
    We will see but even tomorrow may probably never know.

ARK and morgan1098 like this.
  19. robsabres

robsabres Forum Resident

In the thread you will learn that 2 more singles will be released ; 1 in November and another in January 2022 before the full album release

20. humanracer

It's about getting pre orders. Streaming is what most people now and many people won't buy the album at all and just wait until it goes on Spotify.

I noticed the songs haven't been registered on any databases yet, which is a shame as I would like to know the writing credits.

21. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Duran Duran have released 4 songs (1/3 of the album) in advance of next week. This is new norm apparently.

ARK, morgan1098 and D-rock like this.
  22. oldtinears

oldtinears Forum Resident

While making a somewhat expensive visit to my favorite independent record store today, the owner showed me the "one sheet" for the limited Tipping Point releases as seen on recordstoreday.com. No bonus tracks on any format, if anyone else was wondering. How cool would it have been if the cassette had a track available nowhere else? When I expressed surprise that there was a cassette, the owner assured me that cassettes are coming back. Talk about a format I didn't miss!

23. hEARt PhoniX

Well, I have made you a list from what Deezer says.
    The Tipping Point

RO - Roland Orzabel
    CS - Curt Smith
    CP - Carlton Pettus
    SS - Sacha Skarbek
    FR - Florian Reuter
    DP - Doug Petty
    1. No Small Thing - RO/CS
    2. Tipping Point - RO/CP
    3. Long, Long, Long Time - CS / RO / CP
    4. Break The Man - CS / CP
    5. My Demons - RO / SS / FR
    6. Rivers of Mercy - RO / CP / DP
    7. Please Be Happy - RO / SS
    8. Master Plan - RO
    9. End of Night - RO
    10. Stay - CS / CP

SoulDrifter, ARK, humanracer and 7 others like this.
  24. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Thank you!!

robsabres likes this.
  25. Ryan Lux

Ryan Lux Senior Member

Seems that once an album is up on streaming, everybody has access to it so the mystique is gone and media isn’t interested anymore. The new strategy, especially for older acts, appears to be to get all your singles out before the album.