All things Tangerine Dream

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hEARt PhoniX, Nov 4, 2020.

1. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Edgar did ok on keys imo. That Mellotron piece on Phadrea is excellent.
    The talk about the fragile state of the gear is overstated and had more to do with dirty electricity then the gear itself.
    I wonder what kind of power they were dealing with playing them old churches ect.
    Not enough can be said how this effects the stability of Analog synths and keys.
    I had bad power wipe out a few boards at gigs over the years in old buildings.
    Power conditioners helped to solved this problem.

uzn007 and Deibu like this.
  2. Jaar21

Jaar21 Forum Resident

RE: Florian Fricke's Popol Vuh

Popol Vuh’s music reveals the darkest, most hidden things inside of our soul. Without it, my best films would never have existed.” remarked Werner Herzog (one of my all-time favourite film directors). I never get tired of watching his films and particularly Aguirre der Zorn Gottes; Herzog’s sublime version of Heart Of Darkness.

3. Deibu

Deibu I Dream of Tangerines

Edgar was definitely one of the finest Mellotron players. "Mysterious Semblance..." is my favorite track from from Phaedra.

Regards,
    Dave

4. Slim Zooms

Slim Zooms Senior Member

Edgar’s mellotron playing on the Epsilon album is also wonderful. I love it!

Deibu and ArpMoog like this.
  5. Jaar21

Jaar21 Forum Resident

Have been playing this album for 2 days now, a real find. Synthwaves by Quaeschning and Schnauss (2017). Totally escaped me at the time. This track is particularly great (Schnauss on top top form!).

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    hifisoup, GordonM and couchguy like this.
  6. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory Thread Starter

I wanted to get it, but upon release I misssed it. Obviously not very many CDs have been made. But now I am happy it is on bandcamp.
    Synthwaves, by Quaeschning & Schnauss

7. couchguy

couchguy Forum Resident

Great Album

Jaar21 likes this.
  8. ciderglider

ciderglider Forum Resident

For many years I too had assumed that Hermann Baumann was Peter's father, but he wasn't. Peter's father was Herbert. Like Hermann, he too was a musician, a composer of light music. I don't know if Hermann and Herbert were related.

Jaar21 likes this.
  9. 24db

24db Forum Resident

10. hEARt PhoniX

All gone for quite a while now.
    The album is only available as flac downloads now.
    I wanted to buy those, but as I was busy at the time I forgot about it, and when I remembered ... all gone.

hifisoup likes this.
  11. 24db

24db Forum Resident

I know, but its turns up on discogs and Ebay from time to time.

12. 24db

24db Forum Resident

13. Jaar21

Jaar21 Forum Resident

Thanks a lot, according to Discogs you would be right... passed away recently in 2020 (dixit Discogs again).
    [​IMG]

This portrait is saying it all!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    ciderglider likes this.
  14. Jaar21

Jaar21 Forum Resident

RE: Quaeschning Schnauss Synthwaves

Ordered a CD version this morning from Amazon... apparently the last one (but they always say this!)

24db likes this.
  15. Jaar21

Jaar21 Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    RE: Zeit

If like me Zeit is one of your favourite TD albums, you should absolutely listen to Yamane’s track Carnim Aiso. Totally mesmerizing! Three months away from its 50th anniversary, nice to see that our Quantum Dreamers are still under the Black Monolith’s spell- Kosmische Musik for the XXIst century. Brilliant one Hoshiko!!

Tukico - Carnim Aiso (Official Video) - YouTube

From her highly recommended album Primitive (2020- under the Tukico moniker). By the way available on CD too (great art work). And if anyone knows what Carnim Aiso means...?

Norco74 likes this.
  16. Jaar21

Jaar21 Forum Resident

RE: Zeit (2)

... am rephrasing this, if Zeit is way too much for you, you should listen to Yamane's Carnim Aiso.

Norco74 likes this.
  17. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Or

If Zeit has been part of your musical DNA and you are looking for a mutation…

Jaar21 likes this.
  18. Jaar21

Jaar21 Forum Resident

Nice one!

19. Jaar21

Jaar21 Forum Resident

Wish I could be in Berlin next week...

Paul Frick, Ensemble Resonanz
    Sat Oct 23 2021 at 07:30 pm to 09:00 pm
    Paul Frick, Komposition und Live-Elektronik
    Ensemble Resonanz
    SPREEHALLE BERLIN | Berlin, BE

[​IMG]

The Ensemble Resonanz and Paul Frick switch atmospheric hinges between music history and the pulse of time. Venerable compositions end up under the microscope and chamber music evaporates in ambient nanoparticles with rhythmic fall-out. An adventure in the sense of "productive misunderstanding". Time is happening!
    Im Laborkittel schalten das Ensemble Resonanz und Paul Frick atmosphärische Scharniere zwischen Musikhistorie und den Puls der Zeit. Ehrwürdige Kompositionen landen unterm Mikroskop und Kammermusik verdampft in Ambient- Nanopartikeln mit rhythmischem Fall-Out. Ein Abenteuer im Sinne des »produktiven Missverständnisses«.
    Die Zeit findet statt!

20. Jaar21

Jaar21 Forum Resident

RE: Frick on FB

"Feeling blessed to get my music played by Ensemble Resonanz. They rock!!! Later I play a short liveset and after that will DJ at the festival’s ending party, lots to do tonight." (sic)

ERRATUM! Hamburg!

Freitag, 22.10.2021
    21:00 Uhr
    resonanzraum Hamburg St. Pauli

21. hEARt PhoniX

@Jaar21
    Wow.
    Some weeks ago I had looked at her solo releases, felt overwhelmed, sampled a few ... and never got to listen properly.
    This is a wonderful album.
    But wait ... there is more ... at her bandcamp ...
    Tukico

Hoshiko Yamane

How naive have I been, believing that getting into TD was a quantitative challenge ... it is actually ... a challenging joy ... branching out ...

22. Jaar21

Jaar21 Forum Resident

RE: Synthwaves Quaeschning Schnauss

@24db
    Have been listening to the Quaeschning track about 10 times in a row ... totally addictive...why the hell isn't it on the CD version?!! Might well be my favourite track on the album. Simply splendid. Thanks, I would not have spotted the vinyl had these 2 great tracks.

24db likes this.
  23. Jaar21

Jaar21 Forum Resident

RE: Primitive Yamane

glad you are enjoying it. It is moving up to my list of best TD solo albums (which is now turning into a top 12...!!) I believe her album Threads is great too...

24. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

I have just completed spinning Zeit on vinyl (Cherry Red Record 783 235-Collector Edition 2021).

The noisiest pressing of Zeit that I ever listened to. Stay away…

uzn007 and Jaar21 like this.
  25. Jaar21

Jaar21 Forum Resident

... was tempted, almost ordered it. Thanks for the warning!

Norco74 likes this.