10% Off at Importcds.

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by George P, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

I'd like to hear all about it. Other's might, too.

2. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I read all these stories and am becoming increasingly wary of ImportCDs, Deep Discount and their brethren.
    I have an order sitting in my cart that needs to be placed tonight to get the 10% discount, or discarded.
    When you also factor in the potential of taxes and handling fees it’s almost not worth the risk

slipkid likes this.
  3. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

I went ahead and ordered 3 CDs and 1 SACD. Hopefully they don't get sent all at once and I can avoid possible taxes. And hopefully no other pesky issues.

slipkid likes this.
  4. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

So did I , 6 In total, under $90, hopefully it gets through.
    My last similar order sailed through, it’s the larger size box sets that seem to get flagged for charges, at least in my case.
    Friend of mine in North Delta orders from them a lot and has no problems, almost never gets dinged

Electric, chaz and slipkid like this.
  5. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

OK, you asked for it....

I just updated my DD thread at this link explaining this latest mess. Beware it is long & rambling but I tried to include the details..took me over an hour to write this update...

Received EMPTY BOX from Deep Discount in mail....

Runicen, superstar19 and Electric like this.
  6. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

Any actual working coupon on the site?

by the way the difference in the store vs ebay in my cart is $12 less, so it seems its better buy direct in the store.

7. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

create a new account with a different email, and youll get a 10% off coupon

8. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

cool! thanks :righton:

9. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

10. atlantasteven

11. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

12. atlantasteven

Yes. I like it. Great visuals, too.

Swordsandchains likes this.
  13. Schu

Schu But Mama, that's where the fun is . . .

Just ordered seven items from Importcds last week, six of which were listed as 'Backordered' or 'Out of Stock'.
    A day later I got a shipping notice that four of the out of stock items were shipping.
    Either they are able to replenish stock within a day, their inventory tracking has a time lag, or it is completely unreliable.
    I would guess this inventory issue is also advantageous to them when the 10% sale comes around.

ARK likes this.
  14. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

One hint as to see what they do have in stock vs what isn't is if you search their ebay listings. Those are usually their most accurate as to what they truly have in stock vs what the webpage states. For some reason their ebay listings seem to get updated 1st. (Except pre-orders and DVDs which they don't list on ebay.)

ARK, George P, mrjinks and 2 others like this.
  15. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

I got my order with a Mini LP and two CDs, awful packing, just a corrugated paper mashed all around. I save $20 vs CDJapan but... the packing sucks. I got lucky and there's no damage but I got many collectable movies damaged thanks to DeepDiscount packing, so yes it seems ImportCDs are the same thing.

16. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I think that pressed corrugated cardboard packaging is more effective than it might appear. I get a handful of these every year from DD/iCD/etc. and have yet to have any damage whatsoever.

ARK, jamesc, Blair G. and 1 other person like this.
  17. I agree. Those ribbed cardboard packages are surprisingly sturdy.

ARK and SJP like this.
  18. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

My issue with them is getting it to tear open at the right spot and hopefully not crack a jewel case in the process.

samwisefan and Gene Parmesan like this.
  19. RyanX

RyanX and get the priest as well

I found this code on one of the coupon code sites last Friday and used it for 10% off and it was a preorder

CD69FV852

samwisefan, jamesc, SOONERFAN and 6 others like this.
  20. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Thanks so much for posting this coupon code. I pre-ordered the Bowie Brilliant Live Adventures CD set and Depeche Mode's 101. I think you saved me over $20!!!

Kym likes this.
  21. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Thanks! Just used it and worked fine.

George P likes this.
  22. Schu

Schu But Mama, that's where the fun is . . .

Thanks for the code :righton:.

The regular sales now always say not good for pre-orders or out-of-stock items but that one worked for both.

23. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

Just had the same situation as you did with my order of the Time Paasages box set from ImportCDs. Empty shipping box arrives via USPS with no sign of any tape to seal the box and a sticker from USPS saying parcel received unsealed and empty from shipper. I’m not even sure that they could have placed the item in the box that they used but that’s another issue. I’ve tried reaching out via their email “contact us” system and am getting radio silence so far.

Hoping for an easier path to resolution than you are having but not counting on it. :cussing:

slipkid likes this.
  24. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Sorry for your pain. Hope you do not go through the numerous hassles I went through with the Al Stewart Year of the Cat box (detailed in my thread that you referenced). The best advice I can give you is to CALL them rather than email though. My numerous customer service BS issues started when I made the mistake of emailing them to THANK THEM for agreeing to take care of things after I had already called, that is when they put me through the proverbial ringer and reversed what they told me on the phone, seemed to not even understand what the issue was etc etc etc.

If it drags on and on just wait and wait and wait - DO NOT CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY UNTIL THE TIME LIMIT TO WAIT FOR A CC REFUND HAS ALMOST GONE BY. It's possible ImportCDs might do the right thing eventually. But if you complain about it to your CC then ICD/DD really eff you over (DD and ImportCDs are subsidiaries of the same company & seems to me at this point they even share the same incompetent cust. service dept).

As an aside I am REALLY disgusted now though (not at DD/ImportCDs but at Esoteric/Cherry Red). Just today, finally.....I had time to sit down and listen to YOTC, the DVD anyways. The DVD PCM stereo remaster sounds AMAZING. Heard things I never heard b4. It's wonderful. But the disc locked up on the title song. Unfortunately there is a manufacturing/design flaw with this boxset where the last 2 discs (CD 3 & the DVD) do not stay in their slots in the book thing and arrived to me all scratched up. Since I read people already complaining about that in the YOTC thread I did have the sense to at least OPEN my set (which I could hear discs rattling around in) the day that I got it (months ago) and saw mine were scratched also. And since this is a manufacturing issue, and affects God knows how many sets, and I do not want to ever have to contact customer service at ICD or DD about anything EVER again, I contacted Esoteric right then. And they could care less and offered me no help whatsoever. So now I am stuck with a boxset I paid like $60 for, with a DVD that is scratched and locks up, and I haven't even tried to play the scratched CD3 yet. Sigh. Am going to try to see if I can copy these things and make playable copies.

25. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

Thanks and after reading what your experience was when you went through your credit card to be made whole, that is only going to be used as a last resort. Before I sent off the emails, I had tried looking on their website for a contact phone number but they don’t seem to list it on their website or I can’t find it for some reason. I did do some checking via Google and found two numbers from a few sources and am assuming you used the toll free one ending in 9560 to talk with them. Also, based on your luck with their rep understanding the situation, I thought that an email with photos might be the best way to get my point across. Fingers crossed and if I don’t hear back by Monday, I’ll try calling.

Sorry to hear about your issues with the Year of the Cat set and would have expected better from Esoteric/Cherry Red in regard to damaged discs. Hope at a minimum you can make playable copies as it’s a fun set (I was fortunate and got one where all the discs arrived unscathed).

slipkid likes this.