Yes Union Live 30 disc megaset

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tonylevin'ssuitcase, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Futurecity

Futurecity Forum Resident

I also received a similar reply from Music Glue on Monday, but they said the same thing to me about 8 days ago as well, so I'm not sure what to believe from them anymore.

Hopefully, your update is correct and these ship out this week, but I think they were completely out of stock, while at the same time, accepting orders and payments for a couple of months now?

Rufus rag likes this.
  2. highfell

highfell Forum Resident

I received an email this afternoon from Music Glue in respect of my Vinyl order :

"Hi, Thank you for your order. Unfortunately we have had to cancel and refund your order on this occasion as the waiting time to manufacture further vinyl is just too long (over 8 months!). If the situation changes we will let you know."

3. Zephead2112

Zephead2112 Forum Resident

For those waiting for their DVD, I just received an e-mail stating that mine has been dispatched today.

4. KngCrmsn22

KngCrmsn22 Forum Resident

Just curious, would anyone on this thread know how I could get a copy (disc or download) of the 4/9/91 show in Pensacola, FL? It was the first show of the tour and my first Yes concert. I was there and would love to have a copy, even if the quality isn't that great. I know that show is represented in this set, but I don't have much interest in shelling out that much cash for something that sounds like it's a questionable/shady product. Thanks in advance if anyone can help point me in the right direction!

5. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Sent you a PM.

KngCrmsn22 and apple-richard like this.
  6. KngCrmsn22

KngCrmsn22 Forum Resident

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time! :righton:

Aggie87 likes this.
  7. cdollaz

cdollaz Forum Resident

Did anyone ever get the Shoreline standalone set? If so, how is it? Did they play a shortened version of And You And I or is it just cut off?

Thanks.

8. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

This set is like they purposefully made a box set to dissuade fans from wanting another in the future

9. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

It appears that the ROIO shows that were available at the now defunct yessongs.nl site are on archive.org. Not sure how or if it's legit, but there are many shows there. That show may be as well.

google "yes live site:archive.org"

Blue Note, KngCrmsn22 and warewolf95 like this.
  10. warewolf95

Proceed to the Forgotten Yesterdays site instead. Its ALL there, easily organized like the yessongs.nl site was :)

trumpet sounds, alakulju, SRC and 2 others like this.
  11. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

thanks, I wasn't aware of that site. Looks interesting.

warewolf95 likes this.
  12. alakulju

alakulju Music is the best! - FZ

Forgotten Yesterdays is an absolutely fantastic site!
    I wish there was such a site for every band that I like:drool:

13. warewolf95

ForgottenYesterdays has been around forever, but the downloads all come from the prior-existing YesSongs.nl website run by "Remy".

That was one of the greatest labors of love I've ever seen and I'm so glad his collection was migrated to ForgottenYesterdays :)

walrus and Rufus rag like this.
  14. akmonday

akmonday Forum Resident

i can't imagine even the band members have the patience to listen to much of this

warewolf95 likes this.
  15. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I feel confident in guessing that they listened to zero of it.

16. highfell

highfell Forum Resident

Including Rick, who despite this, feels able to endorse the boxset.

Interestingly, the package has been listed as being available to buy in Jan 2023 on an individual CD/DVD Jewel case basis on Amazon. I can’t find the bonus CDs case though , but if you ignore that , you can pick up the set for approx. half price …….although that still wouldn’t be value for money

apple-richard likes this.
  17. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

I originally ordered the box from Amazon. It was delayed long enough for me to read all the lukewarm reviews that I cancelled it. I do not regret my decision at all.

18. walrus

They dropped a Wakeman quote into the press release. I wouldn't say that's an endorsement, necessarily. If Rick actually talked about it in an interview or on his social media channels or whatnot, then I'd take his quote more seriously.

warewolf95 likes this.
  19. TwentySmallCigars

TwentySmallCigars Forum Resident

There were videos of Rick endorsing the set and even opening a copy.

ARK and warewolf95 like this.
  20. walrus

Huh. Okay then. I wonder if he ever knew what was actually in the set, quality-wise.

I still can't believe they sold this thing.

warewolf95 likes this.
  21. TwentySmallCigars

TwentySmallCigars Forum Resident

I'm pretty sure he would have known if the shows had been professional multi-tracked recordings, after all, he was there for the performances wasn't he?

Rick is no stranger to the world of bootlegs, he's released a few himself.

I knew exactly what I was buying, no complaints here.

22. walrus

IMO often times the artists are the least knowledgeable about their own recordings/archives. For every person like Zappa or Mike Portnoy, there's probably ten who just don't care (or at least didn't care all that much during their peak years). Probably doubly so during the Union era, it was just a business decision for most of them, I think. Not to say there weren't great performances on the tour, but beyond that it feels like a tour where everyone just showed up, did their job, and went home at the end of it.

I dunno, I think we sometimes greatly overestimate how involved musicians are in parts of their career that don't directly involve playing music. "Oh, hey Rick, they're filming tonight's show for MTV." "Okay, cool." *Rick goes back to eating his curry* Certainly his solo career is a different matter, but Yes stuff, especially Yes stuff where he was only 1/8th of the band? He may have no idea what is or isn't there. I don't know why everything with that band seems so bizarre, even compared to other acts with shifting lineup changes over time.

warewolf95 likes this.
  23. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

Could you please post a link or two for these? I’ve been trying to find them on Amazon and I’ve struck out so far. I’d like to get the Worcester show if I can, since that was my first Yes concert.

warewolf95 likes this.
  24. highfell

highfell Forum Resident

Maurice likes this.
  25. alanhed

alanhed Forum Resident

Anyone know if the Seattle show from 1991 is included?

warewolf95 likes this.