New comedy series "Reservation Dogs" August 9-2021 premiere

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veggie Boy, Jul 16, 2021.

1. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Will probably wait till most of the episodes have aired.

2. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin' Thread Starter

Scope J and marmalade166 like this.
  3. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Another great episode, though I wish they'd get a bit more humor in once in a while because the last few have been downers.

JohnG likes this.
  4. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Agree about the episode, but I'm fine with the downer part. Actually, other then the scene that I figured was coming, I found the whole episode rather uplifting for the most part.

Incredible that such wonderful tv can still be produced in this day and age. FX really is on the ball with most of their programming.

5. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Agree, great little show.

6. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

You forgot the smiley face in your post.
    You've got to be kidding.
    Taika Waititi is already well established as not only a talented writer and director, but an auteur, an artist who creates work that stands out and will last.

More pertinent, however, the title is a loving tribute, an hommage to Tarantino's work, which itself is filled with 'tributes' to greater films than his own.
    If anything, I bet Tarantino is laughing at the title and enjoying it more than anyone else.

7. Veggie Boy

There's even a Reservoir Dogs movie poster on Bear's bedroom wall.

8. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Thnx OP, just saw this thread, went to Hulu, and have binged 4 epis on a freekin Wednesday morning.

9. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Good ep.!

sberger likes this.
  10. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

11. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Dallas Goldtooth. Brilliant.

That season went by way too fast for me. I'll be watching it again shortly, because I know there's stuff that I missed first time around.

12. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

Reservation Dogs and Work in Progress are the two most outstanding shows I've seen for a while.

13. Veggie Boy

I've only seen the first two episodes. As they are late in dropping the episodes I am waiting until Disney+ in Canada drops them all so I can binge the season. Four episodes have been dropped so far.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    Scope J likes this.
  14. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

As a result of this thread, I started watching it. So far so good!

Scope J likes this.
  15. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

16. agaraffa

agaraffa Senior Member

Thanks for the recommendation. :righton: Just watched the first episode this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it, looking forward to watching the rest.

marmalade166 and Scope J like this.
  17. Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke There you go man, keep as cool as you can

Started watching earlier, got 3 episodes in. Really, really like this show. I don't wanna rush through all the episodes, I'll do a couple more tomorrow night. Like someone else said, great soundtrack. The Lee Hazlewood tune playing during Cheese and his "Grandma" scene...Fantastic.

Peter_R and Scope J like this.
  18. agaraffa

agaraffa Senior Member

I watched episode 5 "Come and Get Your Love" this afternoon and it took me this long to realize that Big is Zahn McClarnon who was Crow Daddy in "Dr. Sleep".

Scope J likes this.
  19. jwstl

jwstl Forum Resident

This is now at the top of my list of favorite current shows. Until Saul returns.

20. Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke There you go man, keep as cool as you can

Just finished the hunting episode....wow. So quietly moving, a real thing of beauty.

Veggie Boy and marmalade166 like this.
  21. Veggie Boy

That's where I'm at now too.

There's that point when Daniel was about midway through his rant and Willie Jack all of a sudden through him a look of grave concern. Man...that hit me.

Cool hand luke likes this.
  22. Veggie Boy

So I finished the 8 episodes of season 1. Last three episodes while having funny moments was overall pretty heavy. I will go so far as to call this a dramady over a comedy.

Still like it. I wonder what season 2 will bring now that we have been introduced to the main characters' back stories? Will the Res Dog Vigilantes go after the meth-head scrap-yard NDN wannabes?

Dallas Goldtooth is going to be one to watch. Here he is in a skit from the 1491s: You'll notice Sterlin Harjo in the healing circle being led by Dallas Goldtooth.

Funny thing for me is I have participated in healing circles like this and a lot of the mannerisms (especially the smoke breaks) ring true.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  23. Veggie Boy

Sorry I have to throw another one out there by the 1491s with Dallas Goldtooth and Tito Ybarra.

sberger likes this.
  24. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Funny thing for me is I have participated in healing circles like this and a lot of the mannerisms (especially the smoke breaks) ring true.[/QUOTE]

Great stuff! Thanks!

25. agaraffa

agaraffa Senior Member

That's gotta be one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. Thanks for posting it. :righton: