What old TV shows have you been watching lately?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by James Slattery, Jul 2, 2020.

1. JKCanuck

JKCanuck Forum Resident

Would you believe I just finished the complete Get Smart series? :laugh:
    Also going through Peter Gunn.

Mr Bass likes this.
  2. NekoM

NekoM Seriously not serious.

Murder she Wrote…don’t judge!

Scott57 likes this.
  3. Scowl

Scowl Forum Resident

I decided to rewatch the first and maybe the second season of Dallas. I forgot how slowly the soap opera style went. Every plot point was dragged out so no more than two things happened in every episode. There was lots of padding with people walking to cars, getting into cars, starting cars, and driving away in cars. Them dancing to a "disco" version of the Dallas theme in the second episode has to be a classic moment in the series.

Steve Litos and rockclassics like this.
  4. BSU

BSU Forum Resident

King Of The Hill

[​IMG]

5. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn.

6. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

My wife and I rewatched all of Dallas a couple of years ago. We had not seen it in many many years and had not seen all of the episodes. We liked it quite a bit. But you’re right — the storyline does move extremely slow.

Scowl likes this.
  7. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Saw an "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" episode that I have never seen before but only heard about. The one with Peter Lorre and Steve McQueen. "Man From The South". The only version I have seen of that is from the 1985 revival of the show (which I haven't seen any of those since they originally aired in the 80's) and when Tarantino did it in "4 Rooms". It's the one about betting if a lighter can light 10 times in a row. If it does he wins a car. If it doesn't the other person chops off his finger. The episode is on YT in two parts.

unclefred likes this.
  8. Scowl

Scowl Forum Resident

The good stuff is that they cleverly gave the plot a lot of legs in just the first three episodes with Ray having a past with Pam (Dallas must be a small town) and mentioning Gary, the mysterious alcoholic middle Ewing brother. At the speed the plot is going, the show already has two seasons of plots assuming they have enough footage of people crossing the street and walking around South Fork.

The bad stuff is why start the series off with a long "Lucy doesn't want to go to school" arc? I guess in 1978 prime time you couldn't have an underage girl getting pregnant or getting hooked on cocaine or accidentally shooting someone, so that was the best arc they could think of to show that Lucy is a "rebel".

rockclassics likes this.
  9. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

[​IMG]

10. Nodrog96

Nodrog96 Forum Resident

I read a review of this programme around 1978 and have finally got around to watching some episodes on YT - you don't want to peak to soon!
    [​IMG]

Made the mistake of looking up the cast on Wikipedia and was sad to discover one died later that same year, while filming another show, due to a faulty heater in their trailer.

Uncle Miles, Spaghettiows and Scowl like this.
  11. I have box set's of Married With Children, Becker, Northern Exposure and The Twilight Zone.

12. Russ_B66

Russ_B66 Forum Resident

I watched a couple of episodes of the Rockford Files tonight. I love that show.

13. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Newhart
    (R.I.P. Peter Scolari :angel:)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Last night, Living Single.

OldSoul and MikeInFla like this.
  15. Eric Richard

Eric Richard Forum Resident

The original Forsyte Saga

Alice Season 3

16. Uncle Miles

Uncle Miles Wafting in and out of Forum

Slowly getting through Dark Shadows

Well into the 1897 storyline, lot of characters getting killed off and/or bitten

Eric Richard likes this.
  17. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

IIRC, the 1795 story arc killed off pretty much everyone at Collinwood with the exception of Joshua and Daniel which should have had major ramifications on future generations but apparently did not.

18. Uncle Miles

Uncle Miles Wafting in and out of Forum

Is that the early one where Angelique turned Barnabas into a vampire? I loved the ending to that arc, it had a real horror-novel feel to it

19. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Yes, it was the first foray into the past and it was done to show how Barnabas came to be a vampire. It was also the introduction of the witch Angelique who set the whole mess in motion.

20. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JFOK and rockclassics like this.
  21. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JFOK likes this.
  22. ALAN SICHERMAN

ALAN SICHERMAN Van Cortlandt Park, Bronx, NY

I've been watching MASH weekdays at 7PM.

Grand_Ennui and MikeInFla like this.
  23. Steve Litos

Steve Litos Senior Member

Watched the pilot recently. Rockford was pretty much as is, but the actor that played Rocky was different.

Great show.

24. Russ_B66

Russ_B66 Forum Resident

Noah Berry Jr. was perfect as Rocky. I have read that he also was loved by everyone on the show. His nickname was Pidge.

rockclassics likes this.
  25. NickySee

NickySee Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    PlutoTV has all 11 seasons of the original Carol Burnett Show streaming. Course, there are unavoidable ads but hopefully none interrupting the skits (like YouTube w/o adblocks or a Premiun subscription).