Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

When I posted the Tull recommendation, it was showing as “add to cart” which was odd consider the release date is tomorrow. It is now showing as a pre-order once again.

2. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Over 1,000 now in the bin.

If you love the Average White Band or need more Leo Sayer, today is your day.

3. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

Code NORAH - 10% off on $40+ orders of in-stock items. Expires at 12 noon Central on 11/12/2021.

4. WesB

WesB Forum Resident

There's some nice things in the bin on the Demon and MOV labels. I got 2 Turtles LPs, a Creation LP, and the Absolute Beginners soundtrack on 2LP and SHM-CD.

5. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

There's a nice Steve Hackett set in there if there are any Genesis fans around

6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

...over 1,000 vinyl records, that is.

time for me to get digging! thanks!

7. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

Jeez, what a letdown. I've been stalking the bin for the past few days, waiting for a big restock, and all we get is... Leo Sayer? A couple Turtles releases?

I think this is the first time I've never found any unnecessary albums to buy.

8. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Wow, I'm enjoying these new listings a bunch. Missed the Mercury Rev soundtrack, but picked up the Hackett box, the Vangelis 2xLP and the Tim Bowness. Used the PLUNGE 10% coupon code and going back in for more.

Thanks for the heads-up!

9. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Well, I just did a mad-dash to grab what I could, from what jumped out at me via quick visual scans of the listings. I'm sure I overlooked some gems, but squeezing in a few minutes of shopping between meetings...

All of the following for US$140 shipped, seems okay. These are not the $4-6 LP prices we've seen in previous blowout bin restocks, but that's understandable as we've seen LP prices (and supply-demand issues) rise significantly over the last 2 years.

• Absolute Beginners (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) [Import] 602508656576 LP $11.32
    • Another Big Idea 1996-2008 [Heavyweight Blue, White & TransparentGreen Colored Vinyl] [Import] Heaven 17 5014797901872 LP (Additional shipping charge applies - 3.35 lbs) $32.68
    • Contact [140-Gram Black Vinyl] [Import] Freda Payne 5014797902565 LP $7.82
    • Kapt Kopter & The Fabulous Twirlybirds [Limited 180-Gram Transparent &Black Swirl Colored Vinyl] [Import] Randy California 8719262013759 LP $9.21
    • Marc Riley Sessions Vol 4 [Import] The Wedding Present 5053760055211 LP $8.62
    • Sideways To New Italy [Blue Colored Vinyl] [Import] Rolling Blackouts C. F. 098787136005 LP $10.21
    • The Golden Casket Modest Mouse 194398941011 LP $9.10
    • Blue World (SHM-CD) [Import] John Coltrane 4988031345023 CD $10.10
    • Lust For Life (Deluxe Edition - SHM-CD) [Import] Iggy Pop 4988031380055 CD $15.24
    • Opel (Blu-Spec CD2) (Paper Sleeve) [Import] Syd Barrett 4547366396294 CD $10.09
    • Sex Machine (SHM-CD) [Import] James Brown 4988031187791 CD $10.90
    • Sweetest Sound [Import] John Di Martino 4571292519731 SACD $16.89

10. DapperGentleman

11. Patanoia

Patanoia Third Ear Centre

latheofheaven and superstar19 like this.
  12. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Quick cancellations received for:
    Qty Item # Description Price
    1 4988031345023 JOHN COLTRANE - BLUE WORLD 9.09
    1 4988031187791 BROWN,JAMES - SEX MACHINE 9.81

latheofheaven likes this.
  13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

hutlock, latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  14. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Wow, significantly less at Popmarket with that discount...about $14 less.

The CD version is $25 and has nine discs total, three discs of bonus material.

GentleSenator and latheofheaven like this.
  15. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

16. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Where are you seeing CD version of Gene Albums on Popmarket? I can only see the LP version for $70

EDIT: Never mind; found it on Deep Discount.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  17. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

18. DapperGentleman

WAX15 you must buy three items though to use it at Popmarket.

GentleSenator and latheofheaven like this.
  19. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

Some decent stuff lurking in there; not dirt cheap, but cheap enough. I picked up two Japan DSD remasters of Keith Christmas albums for around a tenner each. The Revillos 6CD Stratoplay box set (helpfully typoed as “Stratplay”) for $25. Blu spec 2CD essential Michel Legrand for $12. Ready Steady Go 10 singles box for $25 (I’m sure I have all the tracks already, but it looks like a nice little artifact).

according to the ISBN, this The Fall Reformation Post TLC [Import] on DeepDiscount is the 4CD Cherry Red version, packaged for the Japanese market. $18 seems fair enough, I’ve been wanting “Live at the Hammersmith Palais” (on the fourth disc) for a while.

There are lots of SACDs and UHQCDs in the classical bin (4SACD set of Die Walkure for $20, frinstance).

I’m sure those of you who picked up the Showaddywaddy box last time are all over their complete singles box, right? *cough*

20. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

This is a fun album (indiepop band go chartpop and make a surprisingly decent fist of it), not bad for $8. This is my favourite song on there.

21. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

My haul...

Destination Berlin [Limited Transparent Blue Colored Vinyl] [Import]
    Tangerine Dream
    LP
    1 $8.93 $8.93

Laurie and The Sighs
    Laurie & the Sighs
    CD
    1 $5.20 $5.20

Lust For Life (Deluxe Edition - SHM-CD) [Import]
    Iggy Pop
    CD
    1 $15.24 $15.24

Thrillington [Import]
    Paul McCartney
    CD
    1 $10.96 $10.96

I'm thrilled to get the Japanese SHM-CD of "Thrillington," but I'm mega-bummed I missed out on the Japanese SHM-CD Roxy Music debut album 4-disc boxed set.

Also, anyone have an opinion on whether or not SHM-CDs actually sound better? I have no experience with them at all.

22. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

oops, yeah i didn't catch that. probably because i ordered about 5 different items that were cheaper than at DD. thanks!

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  23. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

24. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

The SHM CDs I own sound pretty great. I cannot say if they are "better" but the ones I have certainly do not disappoint.

Seeing SHM in the bin, with or without "mini-LP version" checks a couple fetish boxes for me. Put them in a box set and I might explode. YMMV.

hutlock and samwisefan like this.
  25. slightlydazed

slightlydazed Forum Resident

That Kapt Kopter LP is a score for any Spirit fans - much cheaper than the OG I just bought on eBay.