Black Friday Record Store Day 2021 - 26 November

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jimod99, Sep 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdb3

cdb3 Forum Resident

Interesting - I can't remember where I initially saw a reference to the Dead release - it was some time ago, but I think I did check and it was on the UK list online and the record shop initially found it on their ordering system. I really want the Little Feat but I don't think it's going to be feasible now, except at exploitative prices.

2. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips? Thread Starter

What was initially an underwhelming list is rapidly turning into a completed damp squib with all the cancellations.

3. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Every record store day is the same to me. Always a few things I like. But love the fun of the day. Usually get stuff not related. Enjoy the focus on music.

4. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

Maybe both?:shrug:

It was a Top 20 Platinum selling album with a #1 hit single from the early 90’s, from a supergroup (of sorts) of top talented players from the Hard Rock world - singer Eric Martin, bassist Billy Sheehan, guitarist Paul Gilbert and (the late) drummer Pat Torpey. They’ve put out nine studio albums and even more live ones since 1989. This particular album, their second, hasn’t been in print for 30 years on vinyl, and even then, was only pressed in Europe. It was originally supposed to come out as part of June’s RSD drops, but got pushed back so it’s print run could be expanded from the initial 500 copies to now 5,000, as demand was so high for it.

5. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Does Chris at Bull Moose ever do RSD videos any more? I haven't seen one by him in last few events.

hi_watt, JRose, Twinsfan007 and 2 others like this.
  6. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

He’s done them every year except this one, as there was some bad publicity going on regarding a situation with one of Bull Moose’s stores around the time of the June/July drops. (It’s since been rectified.) As such, though, I think he opted out of doing one to keep potential controversy to a minimum at the time. Don’t know if he’ll be doing one for BF or not, but if he does, it’ll be under either “Record Time With Chris” or “Bull Moose” on YouTube.

bmh5879, ARK, hi_watt and 1 other person like this.
  7. Heavy Metal Snow White

Heavy Metal Snow White Just A Rock N' Roll Clown

Their first 2 albums were fantastic. I saw them on ABC's "In Concert" when I was like 10. They did "Baba O' Reilly" with Paul Gilbert singing Townsend's parts and playing the synth parts on his guitar...they were awesome.

Rocketdog and hi_watt like this.
  8. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

very light list this go around, only must have for me is the motorhead and maybe hendrix.
    though i'll probably get suckered into the iron maiden and ozzie picture disc's even though i hate picture dicc

Slice, Sean and JRose like this.
  9. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

I find the Ozzy picture disc intriguing because it was just remastered as a 2-LP. I can’t get myself to buy a picture disc but you have to give props to the Ozzy camp for making (I think) a new remaster for RSD. They did something special other than just pressing the same 2021 remaster on a picture disc. Very cool.

hi_watt likes this.
  10. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

At this point I wonder how April RSD will shape out.

ARK, Sean and FunkJazz like this.
  11. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Only saw a couple things on here of interest to me, like (former Catherine Wheel frontman) Rob Dickinson's first and only solo album, Fresh Wine For The Horses, and Miles Davis' Live Evil.

Probably won't come out to the shops for either.

12. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

The Rob Dickinson is a Record Store Day 'first' release so there will be another pressing, probably just on black vinyl, after the colored vinyl for RSD.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  13. Sean

Sean Senior Member

More RSD unboxing from these guys....

Greenalishi and theshape like this.
  14. Lamprey Eel

Lamprey Eel Well-Known Member

The queen of the plunging necklines is back!

15. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Talk about two boxes full of boring!

GentleSenator likes this.
  16. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

True, but I’d rather have the colored vinyl version. At this point, it’s one of the few things still on the list that I even want. Also, while Real Gone Music does have a history of doing later repressings, it’s usually on a different color vinyl (not black), and they often cost more than the first pressing did.

17. JerryLived

JerryLived Forum Resident

Any details on the Ray Charles record? Is it AAA?

18. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I don’t know for certain, but I’d be very surprised if it is. It was recently released digitally as part of a box set, so it was probably cut using the same digital source. Plus it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a contemporary mix, which would likely be digital as well.

JerryLived likes this.
  19. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I have a record problem. Black Friday is the last thing I need. I’m working that morning and I’m going to try to just let it go.

20. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

I hear you. The Rob Dickinson is one of the very few releases I'm interested in this time also. I just went back over the list and I'm still only seeing a couple of possibles other than Rob's album.

Rocketdog likes this.
  21. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

I hope there are a lot of Mr. Big fans in their neighborhood because they did get a ton. I bet if you googled you’d recognize some of the late 80’s hits. Hair/soft metal pop rock type stuff.

22. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

You are probably right and I'm having a middle age moment.

I was heavily into alternative music back then and not paying much attention to mainstream.

Fruff76 likes this.
  23. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

Same here, but once I looked it up it all came back.

uzn007 and JeffMo like this.
  24. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

You need to have someplace to hold the 45rpm singles.

Christopher B, audiotom, Sean and 2 others like this.
  25. ElevateMeLater

ElevateMeLater Jesus of Cool

Just saw a store post this. A shame because there were a handful I was gonna pick up for RSDBF including Blue Velvet, Jim Carroll Band, Chuck Prophet and Swirlies. At least they're still coming out in some capacity.

WILL BE COMING TO RECORD STORES ON DECEMBER 10, 2021:
    Dave Davies - Kinked
    Emoi - Willy's Wonderland
    Freeze - Rabid Reaction
    Gladiators -- 1983 The Nighthawk EP
    Chuck Prophet - No Other Love
    Lou Reed and Kris Kristofferson - The Bottom Line Archive Series
    Spoon - "Wild"/"Wild Remix"
    Sun Ra - Omniverse [CD]
    Sun Ra - Omniverse [LP]
    Swirlies - They Spent Their Wild Youthful Days In The Glittering World Of The Salons

WILL BE COMING TO RECORD STORES ON DECEMBER 17, 2021:
    Tank and The Bangas - The Big Outside

WILL BE COMING TO RECORD STORES FOR RECORD STORE DAY 2022:
    Angelo Badalamenti - Blue Velvet (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Deluxe Edition)
    Souren Baronian - The Middle Eastern Soul of Carlee Records
    The Jim Carroll Band - Catholic Boy (Deluxe)
    Alice Cooper - Brutal Planet
    The Grouch - Show You The World
    High Pulp - Mutual Attraction Vol. 3
    The Jacka - Tear Gas
    The Jackson 5 ABC
    LA Guns - Waking the Dead
    Night Ranger - Somewhere in California
    Rockness Monsta (of Heltah Skeltah) - He's On Fire b/w Faith
    Gavin Rossdale – WANDERlust
    Twiztid - I Tried 2 Warn U
    Various Artists - Stubbs The Zombie: The Soundtrack

WE’RE STILL WAITING ON FURTHER INFORMATION:
    Clairo - Sling
    David Crosby & Graham Nash - Wind On The Water
    Foo Fighters - Making A Fire (Mark Ronson Re-Version) b/w Chasing Birds (Preservation Hall Jazz Band Re-Version)
    Thelonious Monk Septet - Monk's Music
    Poison - Flesh & Blood
    Puscifer - Existential Reckoning: Live at Arcosanti
    Tesla - Mechanical Resonance
    Kali Uchis - Sin Miedo (Del Amor y Otros Demonios)
    Various Artists - Latin Legends Live

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.