A question about Discogs involving sales.

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Vibrolux_Reverb, Nov 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vibrolux_Reverb

Vibrolux_Reverb Forum Resident Thread Starter

I will preface by saying, that I am not accusing them of anything at this time until I learn more.

Why do my purchases not show up in the sales history of particular items if I bought them for a great deal that falls well below median sales numbers, but whenever I buy something that is above the median sales number they report it in the sales database?

I don't want to blindly accuse them of artificially trying to create higher sale prices for items, but it has crossed my mind since they take an 8% cut. I may be totally missing something though, so maybe someone can explain how it works.

2. Vibrolux_Reverb

Vibrolux_Reverb Forum Resident Thread Starter

Comes out that a lot of what I have noticed were sales fairly immediate after purchase which means that the seller didn't yet give discogs their share for the month so it wasn't entered. I have still found 2 instances though, where I purchased records almost a year ago that are going for significantly less than what discogs says the lowest selling price is.

It doesn't appear to be as common as I thought though. I assume I will see the transactions I made the thread about after they pay discogs for the month.

3. joachim.ritter

joachim.ritter Senior Member

Sales history on Discogs only refers to the last 10 sales. Maybe that is the reason.

R. Totale likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.