What old TV shows have you been watching lately?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by James Slattery, Jul 2, 2020.

1. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Not sure if this qualifies as an old show, but it is several years old. I watched a couple of episodes of Hardcore Pawn tonight on Quest. I haven’t seen this show since they were originally aired.

It is basically another of the many pawn shop shows and families that run them. This one had the father along with his son and daughter who are regularly bickering with each other.

It is set in the middle of Detroit and the “customers” are something else. It seems to me this show was all staged and the customers are told to do crazy **** when the cameras are rolling. Some of the interactions are a real laugh.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  2. Having another run through Blake's 7. Some shonky effects and some comedy acting, but still as good as I remember. Kerr Avon (Paul Darrow) still one of the best characters on tv forty years later. About time they re-made it. Though I doubt a show led by a 'convicted paedophile' would fly today; a bunch of terrorists going round in funky leather / polyester outfits is missing from our tv schedule. And it's got a great theme tune.

3. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

The Real Mcoys and ALfred Hitchcock hour

Jazzmonkie likes this.
  4. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I watched The Real McCoys often as a kid in the early 60s and occasionally tune in to a cable channel that runs it.

jason88cubs likes this.
  5. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

What ch if any shows The Real McCoys on Directv?

6. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Senior Member

7. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

I watched The OC pilot and subsequent two episodes last night on HBO Max. Does that count? It’s almost 20 years old now. I’d forgotten what a beautiful looking pilot it is, and it looks great in HD.

8. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

its on tubi for free

an peacock if you have it

shokhead likes this.
  9. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn.

McHale's Navy on Antenna TV. I had never seen the show before. Being familiar with 1970's Tim Conway it is interesting seeing him be essentially the same character in the early 60's. Nasal-nosed Joe Flynn's character is quite tiresome with all the frantic slap-stick. I find it a likeable enough TV show.

MikeInFla likes this.
  10. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

Alfred Hitchcock Presents

MikeInFla likes this.
  11. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Found it on world harvest television ch and Lone Ranger

jason88cubs likes this.
  12. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

The Three Stooges

Jazzmonkie and rockclassics like this.
  13. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Combat!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    Scowl and beccabear67 like this.
  14. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

I remember watching Combat with Vic Morrow as reruns and enjoying it. Also used to watch Black Sheep Squadron. Seemed to be the only things worth watching on a weekend afternoon often.

Watched some Rising Damp, a '70s English sitcom. Very dated and the cast's timing isn't as 'on' in the early episodes as I'm hoping it will be later into it's run. You could not get away with some of this humour now, but it's what we had.
    [​IMG]

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  15. Scowl

Scowl Forum Resident

I'm halfway through Dallas season two. The drinking game is simple. Take a drink whenever someone says, "I think J.R. is up to something."

16. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

17. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

Inspector Morse is just about the only thing lately.

Other than that, old movies.

18. Kaskade10729

19. Kaskade10729

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JFOK and NickySee like this.
  20. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

Apparently, Warner is finally remastering it in HD for a run on HBO Max, and this includes reconstructing the later seasons that were shot on video but edited on tape. It’s about time, because the prints that they’re using on imdb look like they’re 30 years old.

Scowl likes this.
  21. Scowl

Scowl Forum Resident

The prints they used for the DVDs are simply terrible! Every episode is full of dirt, scratches and even hair. I bet they're straight from the video masters.

There is a lot of classic 70s television in the second season meaning episodes that pad a story that barely has a plot, characters doing things that make no sense, and then suddenly everything ends without any resolution. There is also lots of terrible editing. Many dialog scenes cut back and forth between characters after every line and don't bother to show a character reacting to another character's line. My gosh, we can't have someone talking without showing their face!

22. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Seinfeld

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  23. Kaskade10729

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JFOK and changeling69 like this.
  24. changeling69

changeling69 WorldCitizen

This is one of the 3 or 4 best episodes of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, co-starring Vincent Price ...

25. changeling69

changeling69 WorldCitizen