Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

Thanks. I paid slightly more than double that price upon release (I was able to get it at a discounted price when I purchased).

The original UK vinyl is slightly better, sound-wise, but so slight as to hardly be worth mentioning. (The exception is "Drawn To The Deep End", which was a 2x45 RPM in it's original incarnation, and does have a better sound.)

While none of these albums will be on any list of audiophile wonders, I love all of the albums and hope that you folks enjoy them as well. It's a very well done set.

2. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I briefly questioned whether I should have spent $200 hurriedly buying about 19 items from this latest Blowout Bin re-stock ...

But then I entered everything that shipped (I missed out on a few Japanese SHM-CD discs I'd wanted) into Discogs and while only 9 of 19 titles have previous "sold" values in Discogs, just the Median values of prior sales of those 9 titles equals around $380.

So I got perhaps $600-700 worth of vinyl LPs, boxed sets, and made-in-Japan CDs, for $200 (prices below don't include the "NORAH" discount, which was applied to the sub-total of each order).

• Absolute Beginners (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) [Import] 602508656576 LP $11.32 (Discogs = $27.99)
    • Another Big Idea 1996-2008 [Heavyweight Blue, White & TransparentGreen Colored Vinyl] [Import] Heaven 17 5014797901872 LP (Additional shipping charge applies - 3.35 lbs) $32.68 (Discogs = $46.67)
    • Contact [140-Gram Black Vinyl] [Import] Freda Payne 5014797902565 LP $7.82
    • Kapt Kopter & The Fabulous Twirlybirds [Limited 180-Gram Transparent &Black Swirl Colored Vinyl] [Import] Randy California 8719262013759 LP $9.21 (Discogs = $24.51)
    • Marc Riley Sessions Vol 4 [Import] The Wedding Present 5053760055211 LP $8.62 (Discogs = $24.36)
    • Sideways To New Italy [Blue Colored Vinyl] [Import] Rolling Blackouts C. F. 098787136005 LP $10.21 (Discogs)
    • The Golden Casket Modest Mouse 194398941011 LP $9.10 (Discogs = $28.98)
    • Albums [9-Disc Boxset] [Import] Gene 740155726836 CD $25.15 (Discogs = $57.50)
    • Changes [Import] Trevor Rabin 5056083206629 CD (Additional shipping charge applies - 5.2 lbs) $63.18 (Discogs = $112.00)
    • Gimme Danger (Music From the Motion Picture) [Import] The Stooges 9397601008148 CD $3.99 (Australian CD that wasn't in Discogs, so I created an entry for it)
    • Hi-Fi A La Espanola & Popovers (UHQCD) [Import] 028948243563 CD $17.02
    • On Sunset (SHM-CD w/ Bonus Tracks) [Import] Paul Weller 4988031385135 CD $10.74 (Discogs = $31.50)
    • Spinner (Expanded Edition) (UHQCD / Paper Sleeve) [Import] 4523132000930 CD $10.63 (Discogs = $26.99)
    • Take This! (24bit Remaster / Paper Sleeve) [Import] Mick Ralphs 4571136377848 CD $10.37
    • That's The Way It Is (UHQCD) [Import] Milt Jackson 4988031384039 CD $6.73
    • The Count! (Japanese UHQCD) [Import] Count Basie 4988031380451 CD $6.64 (Japanese CD that wasn't in Discogs, so I created an entry for it)
    • William Bloke [Digipak Includes Bonus CD] [Import] Billy Bragg 623339902229 CD $4.51
    • Opel (Blu-Spec CD2) (Paper Sleeve) [Import] Syd Barrett 4547366396294 CD $10.09 (Discogs = $33.58)

3. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

10% off on 3 (or more) in-stock-items: code BLUE

4. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Disappointing that DD wouldn't ship the Gene box to Canada.

latheofheaven likes this.
  5. RyanX

RyanX and get the priest as well

The final Site-Wide Winter Sale coupon is here!

Enter coupon code SHARKIE at check out
    and save 10% on in-stock items.

Coupon only valid through 11/18/2021 at 5 PM CT.
    10% savings applies to IN-STOCK items only. Savings do not apply to shipping and taxes. May not be combined with other offers. Some restrictions apply*

*Video games, video game consoles, select turntables, and LEGO® products are excluded from the offer. Only in-stock items will receive the discount.

6. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

Did anyone else order the Tangerine Dream "Destination Berlin" LP from the Bin recently? It's the limited edition, blue vinyl, numbered version (out of 1000). Well, I received my copy today and I got #9. Yes, number NINE out of 1000. I don't know how it's possible that I got such an early number when I'm purchasing it at closeout prices. Anyone else get a low number?

7. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

You made me look...

[​IMG]

8. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

$5 Off Code I don’t plan to use
    Expires 11:59 CST tonight
    Pretty sure it’s a one time use

52UM9H5Z5

9. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Made me look, too (just picked up the package at the PO today and hadn't opened it) and I think I beat you both - I got #6.

hutlock, SJP, black sheriff and 2 others like this.
  10. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Yeah, but @samwisefan has more points than both of us and I got lucky #8!!! :)

hutlock, latheofheaven and samwisefan like this.
  11. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

How can they call it “the FINAL site-wide WINTER sale coupon” when it expires over a month before winter BEGINS?

12. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

the rest of what you shared were completely gone by the time i ordered but i did get this sandy coast LP and it's awesome music. i'm embarassed i'd never heard of it until now. another high-quality MOV release.

13. popscene

popscene Senior Member

Glad you snagged it! I got excited when I saw that one…I’m a big fan of ‘60s Nederbeat and those MOV releases have been fantastic.

14. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Thanks I picked up a copy of the Sandy Coast...looks interesting

15. wza97

wza97 Forum Resident

Got my Gene CD box and Yours For The Taking LP. Only had time to listen to side A tonight but man, this was a hell of a deal. I couldn't have justified the vinyl box but I'm also sorry I missed out. Good stuff.

16. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

I received everything today. The Fall - Reformation Post TLC was, indeed, the 4CD Cherry Red version with an added Obi strip (so was the Revillos, actually).

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  17. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

Last Day of Sharkie.

I went outside the box on this one and ordered some Christmas gifts for the family, some deep discounted History and Bio books, 3 NY Jet Pez Candies, Two Funko's for my daughters, the VHS puzzle for a grab bag and I did grab that $4 Peter Green CD for myself

Peter Green Man of the World: Anthology [Import] United Kingdom - Import on DeepDiscount

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  18. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Unsure if these are new cd titles in the bin or if I’m only just now seeing them. Look up by name:

The Lilac Time (newest album on cd, file under Stephen Duffy)

Nits - Adieu Sweet Bahnhof (classic, on cd, file under amazing, Golden Earring)

Steve Kilbey - The Slow Crack

19. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

I finally broke down and bought that Gene boxed set. I know virtually nothing about the band, but the samples I listened to were intriguing and it seemed like such an amazing deal. And a lot of people on here seemed so excited about them. I also got this Ladytron album:
    $3.99 Ladytron Witching Hour [Bonus Tracks] [Import] on DeepDiscount
    There was a Manic Street Preachers deluxe I was gonna get too, but it was gone by the time I made my purchase. C'est la vie.

I also noticed a couple of Suzanne Vega albums were in the Bin in case anyone's interested...
    $3.99 Suzanne Vega Vol. 1-Close Up-Love Songs [Import] on DeepDiscount
    $5.17 Suzanne Vega From the Realm of the Queen of Pentacles [Import] on DeepDiscount

20. Comicsanstombstone

I came dangerously close to ordering the Gene box, even though I’d put “Olympian” in my “to be donated” pile the day before the Bin got restocked. Call it the Showaddywaddy effect.

Hope you enjoy it, though!

No idea how long this Nella Dodds CD on Ace/Kent has been in the bin, but it’s good stuff and worth 3.99 of anyone’s money.

latheofheaven, hutlock and samwisefan like this.
  21. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I didn't order the Tangerine Dream, but you did make me look at the other MOV titles that I ordered.
    My Randy California – Kapt. Kopter And The (Fabulous) Twirly Birds is #21 of 1000. Not single digits like you guys, but still pretty good. :)

22. Comicsanstombstone

23. Paul99

Paul99 Forum Resident

I had the same exact thought as you. I didnt know anything from this band. But sampled some tracks and thought it was really good. I really dig Uk 90s bands. Ordered it as well.

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  24. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

Thanks for the tip! I am listening to snippets of the songs now, and it sounds like it's well worth a few bucks. I think I'll buy myself a copy, and maybe a couple to give as holiday gifts.

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  25. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Any new codes?