10% Off at Importcds.

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by George P, Sep 3, 2015.

1. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Just to be clear for those that did not read my thread referenced above, my big probs were with DeepDiscount, not ImportCDs, but that then spilled over into ImportCDs with head scratching hassles with ICDs resulting from the fact that I had dared to complain to my creditcard as per the advice I received in the thread referenced above about DD, after about 6-8 weeks of getting nowhere with DD and needing my $ back to buy the AL Stewart YOTC set elsewhere (which ended up being ICDs). Although I knew that DD/ICD are now part of the same conglomerate I had no idea that hassles with one would spill over & continue with the other but seemed like they are the same customer service people now, and probably more joined together operationally in other ways than I realize. Although DD has lost my business forever, if ICDs has something I want for like over $30 less compared to any other place I will risk using them otherwise I feel my buying with them is just not worth all the possible hassle either.

2. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Much appreciated, I had a lot of pre-order items in "the cart", saved me a lot.

hvbias and SJP like this.
  3. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

Used this code today...worked :)

Swordsandchains and GregorSamsa like this.
  4. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

I have used this number (1-855-258-9650) several times to resolve issues with ImportCDs.

5. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

Thanks! Just to close the door on this, I did get two separate responses to my emails to them saying that they were sorry that I received an empty box and a refund would be processed within 5 days. We’ll see how well that works.

slipkid likes this.
  6. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Likely you will have to follow up, but eventually they do make good...at least from my experience.

Electric likes this.
  7. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Worked for me today, thanks!

vinnie likes this.
  8. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Another frustrating experience with ImportCDs. I ordered 2 smallish box sets that clearly showed as "In Stock". Their Amazon shop also listed those same items as "In Stock" with the small quantity left showing. It's been 2 weeks and nothing from ImportCDs indicating my order had shipped. I emailed them the other day and got the response that my items were Backordered and did I want to keep the order open or cancel for a refund. I know they are a big company (within the Alliance behemoth) but how on earth is their automated system not able to keep up with inventory??? Very frustrating indeed as these were the cheapest options by far for these items and now I either have to wait and hope they get more stock or re-order at a much higher price elsewhere.

Runicen, mrjinks and Instant Dharma like this.
  9. Leugi

Leugi Forum Resident

That does suck but goes with the territory unfortunately

you have to know that’s what you are getting into when you order from them

slipkid likes this.
  10. The " CD69FV852" code worked for me when I pre-ordered the Steppenwolf 8 CD box set in early November. Already listed at a great price, I got around $4.30 shaved off.

So ... I'm getting the Steppenwolf box set for $45.43 once it has shipped. Not bad at all.

Tried using the code again tonight for another purchase, but it was blocked. Apparently it's only for a single use (or perhaps enough time hasn't elapsed for another usage).

Overall ... in the past 15 years, I've had an excellent experience with ImportCDs (not always), so I will continue to purchase from them until they give me a reason not to. - YMMV -

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    eelkiller and SJP like this.
  11. E_Braunn_Fan

E_Braunn_Fan Forum Resident

I just used the code today to order the last 4 Police MQA-CD's I needed and the Little Feat Dixie Chicken MQA-CD. Made the cost $24 less than CDJapan which was nice.

DarkSideOfTheMoo likes this.
  12. granola

granola Forum Resident

13. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Fellow Candadians….I am close to pushing the button on a rather large order (15 or so discs) and wondered how your luck has been in terms of your orders getting stopped at the border for tax/customs lately?

@eelkiller @Blair G. @Electric

eelkiller likes this.
  14. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

It depends how they ship it. If they ship two or three at a time, then no problem - they trickle out to you. If they ship a bunch and use RR Donnelly, then you're screwed. They charge the taxes and a brokerage fee. Same for Canada Post. That's been my experience, anyway.

Blair G. and noname74 like this.
  15. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

lol
    Ditto

Been awhile since I ordered anything big from them.
    I paid on 2 of the last 3 bigger (bigger meaning physical size, Esoteric box sets) shipments.
    Smaller packages (SACDs, worth more than the box sets) got through.
    Which leads me to think it’s more about size/weight than $$ value.
    And luck

With the COVID test for Canadians returning on short trips being eliminated, I’ll probably start shipping to Point Roberts, WA again

Electric and noname74 like this.
  16. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Yeah it depends on the physical size of the package in my experience and I deal lot with them. Big Box sets will get dinged but I have had larger numbers of discs (6 to 8) go out via regular mail and they get through with out tax. I just got the Spirit Esoteric box, Jethro Tull Benefit and Pineapple Thief Deluxe edition arrive without charges.

The box sets do not concern me as the amount I saved outweighs the charges if they happen, I would have ben dinged for tax via Canadian sellers as well.

Blair G. and noname74 like this.
  17. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Question for you Canadian guys: I’m thinking of getting my Vancouver friend the new McCartney Lyrics book. I’m in the States, but I ordered the UK edition because I preferred this art:
    [​IMG]
    to the US version:
    [​IMG]
    Anyway, I’m wondering what I should get for my friend, and what the negative impact of your various fees might be on the gift for him. Would he get hammered with fees if I gift him the UK version (£56). Or, should I consider just getting it via Amazon.ca ($75 CAN). I’m thinking he’d get the (imported) green US version, but - since it would be ordered from Amazon Canada - he wouldn’t get nailed with any import fees or anything.

What do you, or any other Canadians browsing this thread, think is the best move? Thanks in advance for any input!

18. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I checked on Amazon UK and with postage you’d be looking at about 70GBP which works out to $117CAD so it would definitely be cheaper to get him the one from Amazon Canada as it would come to $85CAD with tax and would also give you price certainty as there would be no possibility of extra charges at the border. The UK box cover is definitely nicer however whether it’s $30 CAD (plus potential border charges) better is in the eye of the beholder. Hope that helps.

mrjinks likes this.
  19. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

I'd go with Amazon.ca too, if the cost and convenience is most important.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
    chaz and mrjinks like this.
  20. ispace

ispace Senior Member

For some weird reason, ImportCDs is showing 1000% VAT to me in Australia at the moment, which obviously makes any orders a little expensive. Can any fellow Aussies check?

21. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Was there a 20% off coupon at HDTracks this weekend?

22. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

23. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

Until midnight CT on 3/21, save 10% on any in-stock items on the ImportCDs website by using the code TENOFF. No minimum purchase required.

24. sacdfan

sacdfan Forum Resident

Has anyone else tried to place an order today using the TENOFF code. For some reason the offer has already been removed from their site. I’ve contacted them but I haven’t had a reply yet.

25. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

I still see it on their website.