uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. t4t3r

t4t3r Forum Resident

Back to old points that I had redeemed previously not working as a combination with the automatic discount. Thought they had fixed it but maybe it was only in combination with an actual coupon code and not an automatic one.

2. Auntie Pho

Auntie Pho Metal Dad

40% off applies to the Zappa 200 Motels preorder.

3. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

I just bought that GNR Appetite For Destruction Locked N' Loaded Edition box. The 40% took it down to $239.40 and I used $207 worth of points for a total of $53.95 out the door after taxes.

jmadad, groovelocked, MarkO and 16 others like this.
  4. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

I think that definitely falls under the category of SCORE. :pineapple:

5. paulcalypse

paulcalypse Forum Resident

I couldn't tell if it was from AS series or a different pressing. I didn't do much research because Discogs was crashing at the time. Instead I ordered a second copy of Una Mas on accident because...once again... Discogs was not loading. Oh well, got a few titles coming my way. Had $40 in credit to spend.

TerpStation likes this.
  6. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

7. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

It's 'meh' IMHO. Mediocre noisy vinyl and digital, lifeless mastering that lacks definition. How about going for the $35-$40 AP version? That's my go to version and I own the version you linked as well as an original mono.

I will say that at $15 for that pressing, I've seen worse deals.

Coltrane811 likes this.
  8. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Are we including Sound of Vinyl in this thread?
    It's the same sale and has even better selection than uDiscover.

I ordered:
    From uDiscover:
    Mingus - Black Saint -$20
    John Coltrane - Blue Trane -$11

From Sound of Vinyl:
    Grateful Dead STL Box - $78 (Had originally pre ordered this months ago but my order is stuck in the warehouse so I figure I'll return that one or sell off the extra, can't beat saving $50 by reordering...)
    Velvet Underground first 3 album half speed masters: $20/each
    Blue Note - Big Beat and 6 Pieces of Silver - $15 each and I had $21 in points from my previous orders so only paid $12 total for those 2, shipped.

Oh, and since I had ordered the Dead/VU albums already, they gave me VIP status which gave me a free wheel spin, so a $15% off coupon for my next order, though there's not much left on the site that I don't already have...

mrjinks likes this.
  9. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

The Acoustic Sounds Black Saint is sold out now unfortunately…

I’m glad I got it while it was available though as I had pre ordered from Target but they’re telling me its backordered now and won’t ship for another month!

10. kevinkasson

kevinkasson Forum Resident

I have the equivalent stereo version and I think it's fine. It's about what you'd expect from your average 2010s release - nothing especially wrong with it, but also not the best pressing in the world. I did manage to get the mono AP version earlier this year while it was still $35 and that one is obviously better, but if it's not your favorite album then you'll probably be fine with it. Definitely worth it compared to the $60 or $70 for the AP.

Coltrane811 likes this.
  11. Once again, I miss out on the Marley album set. Just too much going on to pay attention. :/

12. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Sound of Vinyl does have an extensive selection, including quite a few obscure jazz and reggae titles. Their regular prices are just about never competitive, the only time it's worth ordering from them is during a sale, as now. But I just tried to order a couple titles, and neither came up at the discounted price in my cart:
    Tinariwen - Emmaar
    Omara Portuondo (Buena Vista Social Club Presents)

13. MafiaHippie

MafiaHippie Well-Known Member

Can any additional discount codes be stacked on top of the 40% site wide sale?

14. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

No, but you can use points.

15. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Thanks for the tip on the Sound of Vinyl having the same sale....got two Tom Waits (Glitter and Doom and Real Gone) as well as what appears to be the 2021 Elvis Costello This Years Model.

hutlock and astro70 like this.
  16. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

I don't know if this has been posted to this thread, but I find the way Udiscover awards their points to be misleading. Here's a real world example of what they did. I am at the award tier where I should get 28 pts per $1 spent.

For their 40% off sale, I ordered 3 LPs with prices of:
    $34.98
    $35.98
    $79.98

If you total that up, you get $150.94. Take 60% of that and you get $90.56, which is the subtotal after discount but before taxes - they have free shipping on their site within U.S, so no shipping. It seems to me that I should get 28 x $90.56 or 2,535 pts or thereabouts. But they only awarded me 1,737 pts. The difference is 798 pts, which is worth about $8 in redemption value.

I submitted an inquiry and was told:
    "Points are based on the value of the items in the order, and any shipping and taxes are not factored into points earnings. You received the correct amount of points!"

I questioned it again, and they answered:
    "The total rewardable amount for this order was $62.05. Rewardable totals are calculated by dollars spent, minus any taxes and shipping fees.

Your order total was $98.83
    Your taxes came to $8.26, and your shipping fee came to $28.52.
    * Note that on your end, this will appear as "free shipping," but on our end, the shipping fee was deducted from the total.
    Taxes and shipping costs come to $36.78
    Order total $98.83 - taxes and shipping $36.78 = the rewardable total, $62.05
    $62.05 * 28 points per dollar = 1,737points.
    You earned 1,737 points for this order."

So even though shipping is advertised as free, they came up with a high shipping $ amount that they deducted by the "$ spent" subtotal to award less points. So theoretically, they could have said the shipping fee was $90.56, which they'd deduct from my subtotal and award me zero award points.

Now, with the 40% off and free shipping, I'm happy with that. The $8 in redemption value lost isn't going to stop me from ordering me in the future, but I just find their claims of "free shipping" and "28 pts per $ spent" to be misleading.

Have you all noticed this as well?

GentleSenator and Davidmk5 like this.
  17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

definitely, but it also seems that using points (aka gift cards) as payment doesn't negatively affect the points you're granted for an order, so that's awesome.

18. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

I see - didn’t know that. So that’s something.

19. Ray29

Ray29 Forum Resident

I really can’t complain. These holiday sales are fantastic

Mike6565 and Matthew Tate like this.
  20. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

If I can get a 40% off sale from that site once or twice a year, I don't even care about the points. The deals are unbeatable. That being said, I've got 14,000 points to use before the end of the year, so it's like getting another great sale when there isn't a sale and everything is back in stock.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

Wow, a $28 shipping deduction for 3 LPs ... the way THEY ship things? I received a large order today and I'm shocked half of them weren't bent up or otherwise damaged given how they packaged it all.

GentleSenator likes this.
  22. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

how much is the tattoo you boxset right now?

never mind, just got it . total $95

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  23. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Is there a limit on how many gift cards you can use per order (either a dollar amount or number of discount codes)? I know in the past they didn’t let you use points at all when they had other sales going on.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. jmadad

jmadad Forum Resident

is this still working where Let it Be super deluxe is discounted in the cart? I'm not seeing that - thanks

25. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

It was just the single LP that was working for me even though it said excluded. The big box doesn’t work.

jmadad likes this.