Black Friday Record Store Day 2021 - 26 November

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jimod99, Sep 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElevateMeLater

ElevateMeLater Jesus of Cool

Plus RSD First doesn't necessarily mean a vinyl repress will happen ever. First just means this is the first format to see a release, so by it being first this may mean the vinyl is coming first, and then digital / CD is being reissued down the road.

Lost In The Flood, JRose and marcb like this.
  2. vinyl diehard

vinyl diehard Two-Channel Forever

The Roy Buchanan set is limited to 2500, not 1750 as stated on the RSD site.
    I seen a copy a couple of days ago.

uzn007 likes this.
  3. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

GentleSenator likes this.
  4. Rockin' Robby

Rockin' Robby Gettin' down so low I'm below ground!

For our Canadian friends:
    I spoke to a few local stores today. All stores are expecting to get very few titles by Friday.

TonyCzar, JKCanuck and Sean like this.
  5. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Very few in that review I have any interest in, God love the guy. Warps, especially dish warping? Look at the way this guy tosses these records around and then lays them flat. Now think of all the handling before they got to the “record guy”.

Maybe we should stop blaming the pressing plants. Whatever the reason, the Vinyl Flat fixes 99%.

Sean likes this.
  6. PabloFanques

PabloFanques Forum Resident

I think I've participated in maybe 1 RSD. Not really my bag, man.
    What is everyone excited for this year?

7. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

Pearl Forrester!

No Static and TonyCzar like this.
  8. uzn007

uzn007 Pack Rat

Live Little Feat.

9. Johnny Rock N' Roll

Johnny Rock N' Roll Forum Resident

I've never been to a RSD, and that won't be changing this year, but I'd like to hear the Aerosmith, Hendrix and Motorhead.

Some RSD stuff ends up on Spotify, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye out.

If I were to buy on item, it'd be the Aerosmith on cassette.

I'd also be interested to hear this: Doomsday: Heavy Psychedelic Funk, Soul, Ballads & Dirges 1970-1975

LordThanos1969 and PabloFanques like this.
  10. Riktator

Riktator Surfer of the Audio Waves

The questions rolling around in my mind is do I really want to get up that early on Friday and deal with finding parking and frantic people in a record store...or do I roll the dice and chance picking up the one release I really want online after? Any previous RSD release that I deemed a must have has always been available at the original price somewhere in the cosmos.

11. Sav

Sav Forum Resident

Really hoping i can pick up the Blackberry Smoke album here in the uk

12. Sydster

Sydster Forum Resident

My review of the Little Feat RSD LP posted to @jazzandcoffee on Instagram:

On 19 Sep 1974, Little Feat might have been the best band on the planet. You’ll believe that after hearing ‘Electric Lycanthrope,’ a great reason to hit your local record shop on #recordstoreday this Friday. You old-schoolers thinking: “hmmm…seems familiar” are onto something. This concert was one of the legendary Live from Ultrasonic Studios broadcasts on WLIR-FM. In the 70s, it was pressed as a vinyl bootleg on TAKRL (The Amazing Kornyfone Record Label), but the lore of this show’s quality—both performance and sonics—would push it into circulation via Grateful Dead-Esque tape trading in the 80s/90s and widely shared torrents/archive.org digital distribution in the 2000s. While the sound quality improved once multi-generation cassettes went the way of the Dodo, *NOTHING* prepared me for the energy and clarity of this remastered-from-multi track tape and cut to vinyl by Kevin Gray RSD edition. I owned a copy of the vinyl boot (acquired many moons ago from the much-missed Second Coming Records in Greenwich Village) which disappeared long ago, but I played it quite a bit, and this new edition leaves it in the dust. Sound quality, great liner notes, and a great pressing make it a must-own. Whether you’re new to Little Feat, a casual fan, or a longtime Feat fetishist, you DO NOT want to miss out on this record. Feat’s iconic ‘Waiting For Columbus’ is considered by many to be one of the essential live rock albums of the 1970s. I think this official edition of ‘Electric Lycanthrope’ is easily equal if maybe even a notch better. I’m completely blown away by a piece of music I thought I knew pretty well—not an easy feat! (see what I did there?) Kudos, team @rhinorecords —all ya’ll knocked this one out of the park!

Linky53, Steel Woole, dee and 7 others like this.
  13. uzn007

uzn007 Pack Rat

I can't believe you missed the opportunity to say "no small feat"!!

14. cdb3

cdb3 Forum Resident

I wish people wouldn't post this kind of review and alert the flippers before the event. This release has been pulled in the UK and as a Feat fan since the 70s, I would like to get a copy to replace my original copy of the vinyl (though bought second hand). The more people say this is a must not miss release for Friday the less likely I will be able to get hold of a copy!

15. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I don’t have a copy of Miles Davis Live Evil and always liked that album.I wonder if it will be expensive and then MOFI eventually reissues it anyway!

16. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Record Store Day 2021 Black Friday A Sneak Peek of Almost the whole list

greelywinger likes this.
  17. Sydster

Sydster Forum Resident

I tossed a coin and went with "easy." Could've gone either way. Gotta leave an opportunity for NEXT Record Store Day ;)

uzn007 likes this.
  18. lildroogie

lildroogie Well-Known Member

Haha, what's the issue with this? did he commit a 'crime against the vinyl community'?

19. Padre69

Padre69 Forum Resident

Keeping my fingers crossed for the Blackberry Smoke album. Maybe grab the Aerosmith on the side too.

Sav likes this.
  20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Wow. Leonard Cohen Songs of Love and Hate on vinyl. Wow. It's not like I've seen a zillion copies of that in used bins for decades. They're really pushing the envelope.

hfarrior3 likes this.
  21. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

Gee, it's almost as if you don't actually have to take part if you don't care to!

22. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Has the Dead release being delayed? I haven’t seen anything officially saying so but I’ve now seen a January release date as part of Rhinos Start Your Ear Off Right campaign

23. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow I never got over it, I got used to it

Can anyone tell me how much the Sam Cooke and the Soul Stirrers will be priced at in the US?
    A couple of online shops in Italy and Germany have it for €105 and I find that way out of my budget, so I'm curious to know what the price is over the pond.

24. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Question for anyone here, who can answer it. Are all of the Songs on the Fleetwood Mac Live Vinyl also on Vinyl(even if placed in different order on a few Vinyl Records) in the recent FM Live Deluxe Box Set? So is this BF RSD FM Live Vinyl Record just some of the same Songs condensed into one smaller release? Or are there extra Songs that are not part(on Vinyl) of the Deluxe Box Set, and if so which Songs are previously unreleased?
    Thank You

25. Howard Bleach

Howard Bleach Imperial Aerosol Kid

Yeah, this is one of 4 or 5 things I might get out early for on Friday. I usually miss Black Friday RSDs because I usually travel for the holiday, so it might be fun to take advantage of it this year simply because I can. If I make it, I'll also look for Little Feat, Roy Buchanan, U-Roy, and maybe Leonard Cohen (my wife is a big fan).

Of course, these are all releases I can totally see sitting in the discount bin by April. But who cares?

Record store friend predicts it will be kinda laid back this year; fewer people calling about specific titles and all. Maybe that means the lines outside will be smaller.

Johnny Rock N' Roll likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.