David Bowie - Brilliant Adventure (1992-2001) [Box set #5]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ken_McAlinden, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Django216

Django216 Forum Resident

Call me crazy but I actually have a reservation for the Brilliant Adventure Box in 3 different stores in Berlin PLUS a Preorder at Amazon.
    Even If I don't like supporting Amazon, I have to admit that the return process by them is excellent and with 18 LPs in the box, there is a bit of a chance I might have issues.
    If they mess up the delivery on Friday, I will pick the box up at one if the three stores I have a reservation.
    Yes, this is unreasonable for me but I even took some days off work to have the time to dig into the boxset and I won't get that ruined by some delivery issues after waiting so many years.

Roxy6, Azorbz and aphexj like this.
  2. PastaSource

PastaSource Well-Known Member

What's currently the best place to order from in the UK?

3. Hush

Hush "Fate, up against your will"

Cat People, Roxy6, bluearmy78 and 4 others like this.
  4. Squiggsy68

Squiggsy68 Forum Resident

Looks like they're probably the cheapest option (£309.99) for the vinyl set currently as well. I've used Burning Shed quite a lot and they've always been great - and packaging very solid.

Had a note from DPD last night to say they will be delivering my order from What Records (hopefully that's the Vinyl and CD sets together, I ordered both) on Friday.

aphexj and Hush like this.
  5. Nike

Nike Duke

How????

6. Nike

Nike Duke

I bought in my records shop. Cd + lp box for 420€

croquetlawns and aphexj like this.
  7. Nike

Nike Duke

BA is excellent

aphexj likes this.
  8. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

He did do some work on Toy so they sent him advance copies

Colocally likes this.
  9. Django216

Django216 Forum Resident

Quite a lot of people already have the box actually.
    Erdal Kızılçay posted pictures of his BA box a month ago or so

aphexj likes this.
  10. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

I have an Amazon Mastercard; there’s a points scheme per spend that’s enhanced for stuff bought from Amazon with the card. I’ve accumulated a few £10 vouchers this way. My local BP petrol station does a points system too and once they reach a threshold I redeem for an Amazon voucher too. In fact I pay for the petrol with that Amazon credit card too, so it’s a double benefit.
    It’s paid off in full each month so it’s a useful freebie that costs me nothing.
    If my wife mentions how many records are being delivered, I commonly, truthfully say, ‘I used a voucher for part of it’!

Roxy6 and croquetlawns like this.
  11. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

I got the same message from Amazon. Ugh. I ordered it from Target instead. I won’t get it on release date, but it should come earlier than my copy from Amazon. Just having the best time with Bowie releases lately….

12. heavysoul

heavysoul Forum Resident

Is there an online store in the U.S. that is currently shipping this?

I ordered the second it went live on Amazon and I don't even have a delivery date yet.

CBackley likes this.
  13. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Yeah, nothing Brilliant, but just a Bad Adventure(Live and Studio Versions)o_O.

14. WeeSam

WeeSam Forum Resident

it's a pretty sustained burst of album releases (for old man bowie era).

creativity?

well, that's entirely subjective, but Reality? In what reality is Reality a creative album? It's AOR MOR dad rock sprinkled with some even more AOR MOR ballads and some AOR MOR interpretations (poorly done) of other people's songs.

I'll give Heathen a pass, because even though its far too full of terrible covers, it was a somewhat return to form and a lot of people like it (but creative?)

15. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident

Same. Amazon sent me an email indicating delivery on 12/8. really annoying.

CBackley likes this.
  16. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Just received my Tracking Number from ImportCDs, although label is created but not yet in the system, so assume I will have this Bowie BA CD Box Set within a week. Also, bought the Springsteen No Nukes 2CD/BluRay Set in the same order as used the 10% Off Code that expired yesterday. Now, just need to hope these items are packaged securely to prevent any damage.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  17. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

You can keep Says Hi, 5:15 & Afraid. I'll take the covers.

18. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

In mine, but this is not the thread to debate it

Apparently they're giving away vinyl test pressings to people who post photos of their box sets purchased at the Bowie 75 pop-up shops

pobbard and PastaSource like this.
  19. Frankie_Collector

Frankie_Collector Bowie nut extraordinaire

I keep checking Youtube for an unboxing. Alas, it's bereft so far, except for the one posted before.

I know several people who got the set early, yet there are no photos to be seen or comments regarding the book, the albums, TOY, nothing...
    What are they doing with the box? Is it still inside the delivery box?

I hope after friday more photos and videos will be posted when more people have their sets.
    Me - I got to wait until the end of December for my Japanese set.

20. Oogie

Oogie Forum Resident

Oh do leave off.
    5.15 is the standout track.
    Too many covers and better future weaken the album.

mishima's dog likes this.
  21. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

just got an email from amazon that my box set will be delivered next tuesday.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  22. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

People were debating earlier the wisdom of keeping Prime for timely delivery of physical media. I noticed several years back, on a pre-order for a low-demand title (a Joe Strummer CD), I could only get an ETA of day-of-release if I opted OUT of Amazon Locker. Amazon Locker option pushed things back a few days. This happened on every pre-ordered music title over time. Problem with delivery to my building is that Amazon keeps the carrier a mystery, snd if it's UPS, my music would just sit on the stoop until I fetched it (or a porch pirate did).

23. Fabrice Outside

Fabrice Outside Forum Resident

It's called collecting my friend,
    It's not meant to be played :hide: :D

By the way, I don't have it and would also love to hear more reviews

24. Stump

Stump Forum Resident

That might be why so many think the box set is expensive. Others who buy the set to play in years to come see the value......

25. Django216

Django216 Forum Resident

My Brilliant Adventure box just got shipped with a delivery day tomorrow on release day!

Now I can start thinking about what I will listen to first. Maybe I will go chronological