So I have a R2R tape deck and it’s been serviced…should I keep it!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Chiliarches, Nov 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bradd

Bradd Now’s The Time

It’s built in. It’s a pretty old model.

2. PB Point

PB Point Forum Resident

If you are an OCD type person, keep it. If not…don’t even think about it.

It can take you up to five minutes just to play something (Clean the tape path, find a take up reel you want to use with the tape, maybe even add new leader if it’s a new to you tape, deal with fat fingers, Did I Twist the Tape?, press play, then you’re at the will of how much leader is on the tape before it begins, output volume right? Then you can sit down to relax.

Rinse, repeat.

Stellar to combat OCD after that, you have to now listen to both side of the tape if you want to store it “play packed”

LOL.

3. LBC_Jet

LBC_Jet Forum Resident

Keep it. Buy some old prerecorded tapes on ebay. See how you like it.

Lowrider75 likes this.
  4. Lenny99

Lenny99 The truth sets you free.

I agree. In the 80's I had a nice Pioneer cassette tape deck. It played and recorded cassettes. I had a lot of fun recording newly purchased albums as was already mentioned. I also recorded different songs from my various albums, usually with a theme. And, I could record music from FM stations.

That deck had inputs for two exterior recording. So, I bought two exterior microphones. It was a lot of fun.

5. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch The Face Of God -

Well "if"you want to look further in running one again, Just get the ones "without" the built-in amp so you have less components to replace and you can plug in to your system. Mine is totally rebuilt all the way to the last screw. I had the head polished like glass. Works and sounds like new!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    LBC_Jet and Bradd like this.
  6. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I say keep it.

showtaper and LBC_Jet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.