Barnes and Noble 20% off $60 or more online only until 11/14

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by drpep, Nov 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drpep

drpep Whizzing and pasting and pooting through the day Thread Starter

with code “Save20”

Jspmike likes this.
  2. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I've also been sent an in-store 20% off one item coupon! I know there is going to be a Vinyl weekend in-store starting November 19th where all vinyl is going to be 10% off and they will have a few exclusives . I've also got signage for a CD sale (either 30% or 40% off - can't remember which) although don't have a date. I'm guessing it might be Black Friday weekend?

3. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Was excited to see this coupon but a fail for vinyl. $5 shipping for each LP. No thanks.

4. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I have a question that perhaps you can help me with…

I took part in the 20% off $60 sale, getting a 2LP set along with two CDs. They arrived today, but the box they were shipped in measures 12 x 12 x 12. It probably won’t surprise anyone when I say the double LP (measuring 12 3/8 x 12 3/8) doesn’t look good, with three smushed corners. Not happy because that was the item I primarily wanted, and I added a couple CDs just to get to $60. Now, reading the online return policy it appears I can only return the item for “free” if I take it to my local B&N. Then, since they don’t have that B&N exclusive 2LP set, I’d have to reorder it at the higher (non-sale) price PLUS shipping.

Is there anyway I can get the store to order another copy and do a simple exchange for a non-damaged item?

5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i've had luck with reaching out to customer service via e-mail. they sent a replacement as well as a return label and i incurred no extra fees.

superstar19, Jspmike and mrjinks like this.
  6. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Your local store should be able to help you out. If the record you want is still in the warehouse they could offer to return the faulty copy and send you another copy in the mail. Alternatively they could offer to order another copy into the store and when it arrives do the exchange then. If it was me dealing with it then I would give you the choice been as you've been inconvenienced. I had a customer with a similar experience recently - unfortunately the record was no longer in the warehouse. I managed to find a copy in another state and had the store manifest it to my store - a great result and the customer was so happy! Out of interest - what is the record that was damaged? Let me know how you get on...

7. mrjinks

Thanks for the input! I know I can speak for many when I say we greatly appreciate having a B&N "insider" here; your posts over the years are very valued here!

The damaged item was the blue vinyl McCartney Imagined release from this summer. Still available online, but if my store got any copies, they were gone immediately and never re-stocked. I'll go chat with them in-person and hope I get someone as helpful as you!

Jspmike likes this.
  8. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I'm not sure if it's still in the warehouse (I'll check when I'm in work) but I do know that there are quite a few stores on the west coast that still have it (including the store I work at!). Getting a decent copy should not be a problem.

9. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Barnes & Noble has a Vinyl Weekend promotion in store. Does anyone know what the sale is, since the email wasn't specific?

10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yeah, i clicked through and all it did was send me to the locations page. really well thought out promotion!

my understanding is that it's 10% off all vinyl that also stacks with a membership discount of 10% if you take part in that.

Jspmike likes this.
  11. mrjinks

The in-store help was good. They were kinda shocked with the appearance of the vinyl I got and ordered a replacement to be shipped to the store. Hopefully all will be well with that copy.

Thanks again to you and @GentleSenator for the advice!

superstar19 and Jspmike like this.
  12. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Great result! I think we've all been there and wanted you to have an easy solution!

mrjinks and superstar19 like this.
  13. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

GentleSenator is correct! All vinyl is 10% off this weekend. They've also released a bunch of exclusive vinyl including new albums by Sting and Robert Plant/Alison Krauss. There's also quite a nice Stray Cats Greatest Hits and Alanis Morissette's "Jagged Little Pill".

14. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Any word on whether BN is bringing back and restocking the 50% clearance for the holidays or new year?

15. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

As yet there is no word. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed as I have recently brought some titles into the store which are on the 25% off sale (Depeche Mode "Violator" and "Exciter", The Cure "Mixed Up" and "Faith", Jeff Buckley "Grace" and a couple of early Pink Floyd amongst others). I'll let you know if I hear anything...

dee, black sheriff and superstar19 like this.
  16. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Is there a CD sale going on this weekend at Barnes?

17. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

The CD sale starts on the 29th - all CD's are going to be 30% off! I would expect the membership to stack on top of the 30.

18. davers

davers Forum Resident

Thanks for the update - it seems unusual to start on a Monday as they typically do that sale on weekends.

Jspmike likes this.
  19. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I agree! They have the Arrow and Criterion sales finishing on the 29th and a British sale starting around that time so I guess they are doing it all in one go!

davers likes this.
  20. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

30 percent off cds now in affect......

davers likes this.
  21. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

Online Coupon CYBER15 for 15% off online orders at bn.com

Code:
    †NOOK devices, NOOK Books, All LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department, Gift Cards, The Criterion Collection, 50% Off Book Promotions, Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off Promotions, Cyber Deals and any other offers are excluded.

For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed only once per transaction online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid at BN.com from November 29th, 2021 at 12:01am to November 30th, 2021 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

This coupon entitles you to 15% off qualifying orders when you enter code CYBER15 at checkout. The discount will be deducted after all other eligible discounts are applied.

TxRangersFan likes this.
  22. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I received a 25% off one item coupon, in store. Does anyone know if it will stack on top of a 30% off CD?

23. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I used my 25% off online to buy a Mike Bloomfield bio.

black sheriff likes this.
  24. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

It unfortunately did not work for me. The membership will stack on top of the 30% but the coupon wouldn't. Because it doesn't explicitly mention the CD sale as being excluded from the coupon there may be a chance that a cashier may overide the system and honour the coupon (although that really is luck of the draw). I bought The Undertones "West Bank Songs 1978-1983" on vinyl with my coupon!

mrjinks, cdash99 and GentleSenator like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.