Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory

Oh wow yes.
    I have not yet seen anything but just this random part: "You've got to love what you're doing, and you've got to do it your way."
    That does seem disappointing and just a phrase to say, but I believe that it is honestly the most basic truth and the best advice one can get. Yet it can be the most challenging thing to find out. Do you really want to play the drums because you love it? Or because you think you are cooler if you do? But maybe your heart is more into recording or making dinner. And that is what no masterclass can teach you.
    That is what I think is so astonishing about both of them, Ringo and Paul. They clearly love what they are doing.
    And that, after more than 60 years doing it ... is gold.
    And that is what I love about Ringo's records since Time Takes Time, I can feel the joy and love. I do not care if they are the greatest productions on earth or just someone having a good time. I can feel it. And that is what counts for me.
    The astonishing thing about McCartney is that he is still creating music that I really and deeply love.

This is just a trailer for an online class you can subacribe to.

Floater, Geordiepete, Tord and 3 others like this.
  2. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

Yes, I think I was truly the secret to paul and Ringo’s musical longevity…though ringo when had personal problems took time out, he realized should return and did with a winning tour type formula and continued with later good musical works. Paul has …as Linda said in the seventies…always been highly creative and musically curious and IMO was musically adventurous all along, group and solo.

3. Bill813

Bill813 Forum Resident

"We really do need sort of a central daddy figure to say, " 9 o'clock, lads leave your girls at home, lads. But it's going to be such an incredible, comical sort of thing. They broke up 'cause Yoko sat on an amp."

4. Henrik Jutbring

Henrik Jutbring Forum Resident

In fact it is not McCartney 3 - it is McCartney 23

One project - 23 vinyl colours/variations

Olivier Northern Son and mrjinks like this.
  5. Henrik Jutbring

L I N K

jmxw and calluses like this.
  6. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

Ah, just found this BBC special, Paul McCartney, Paul McCartney: Inside the Songs - 9. Pretty Boys - BBC Sounds Paul McCartney: Inside the Songs - 9. Pretty Boys - BBC Sounds . On the 'Pretty Boys' section, he explains that this situation he describes with male models being exploited as commodities also applies to The Beatles, until they freed themselves into from that 'working for the squire' situation. So, not a reference to the beloved Mr Epstein, then, but yes, a bit of Beatles experience in the song.

7. Superb avatar photograph! Seems two more colors can't be wrong.

Henrik Jutbring likes this.
  8. Henrik Jutbring

You might be right - but let’s hope not… which colors are still unused? Brown and polka striped..?

9. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

All Together Now here in Brazil!

[​IMG]

10. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

I don't see your digital copies!

Incomplete!

:p

Just kidding. Nice batch and well done!

11. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Oh my god! An @omikron sighting here on SHF! It’s spreading!!!
    [​IMG]

12. omikron

You better watch it, bub. I might infect your thread next!

13. Beatguy

Beatguy Active Member

Just an observation about the variations - I got the true European Black Vinyl of McCartney III when it was first up for pre-order and this does not have the Made In Germany Sticker. I then purchased what turned out to be the repressing from Amazon, when we thought they may be the White Spine versions, which has the Made In Germany Sticker. I thought of reselling the latter one but wondered whether there was any difference - lo and behold when I weighed them

No Sticker - 180g
    Made In Germany Sticker - 150g

Anyone else noticed this.

And another thing, being in New Zealand I could not order through the McCartney US Store the plain US McCartney III Imagined Mini Jacket nor the US McCartney III Imagined Pink cassette. There was me thinking that sure enough I will be able to get them on Ebay; but there has been none that I know of listed. Is anyone aware as to whether there are delays of these, and if not why we suppose there are none being listed?

joy stinson likes this.
  14. calluses

calluses Forum Resident

Good catch! It seems like maybe they quietly skimped on the material for the repress but hoped to compensate for it by adding the Made In Germany sticker for reassurance?

For the pink Imagined cassette, it looks like some people do have it, but it might just be very limited in quantity. I'd say keep an eye on this Discogs page:

McCartney – McCartney III Imagined (2021, Pink, Cassette)

Likewise for the mini jacket CD:

McCartney – McCartney III Imagined (2021, CD)

Both pages have the barcode, and you may have better luck searching by the barcode sometimes.

15. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Are there any differences between the barcodes/catalog numbers (on lp, spine, back cover, or hype sticker)? Or are they identical? I, too, wound up with a German one off Amazon, but mine has no sticker, just a “made in EU” note on the back cover. I later lucked upon a white spine (even though I skipped most of the color craziness).

16. Beatguy

Beatguy Active Member

No other differences on the sleeve except the sticker - mine are all sealed so not sure about the vinyl matrixes. When I got the repress I thought it seemed relatively light (oh I got the weights by weighing each sealed one and deduct an opened sleeve from each). I was also lucky with a white spine, though not sealed.

17. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Paul McCartney, EOB - Slidin' (EOB Remix)

18. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Still no sign of the splatter edition in the UK.

Jonpd likes this.
  19. omikron

Whatever the next/final chapter is in the McIII campaign . . . it sure doesn't look like it's slated to happen before Christmas.

I'll take it early next year with a London Town/Back To The Egg Archive announcement just fine.

Who Cares and Oaw like this.
  20. Jonpd

Jonpd Forum Resident

Picked mine up from a UK record shop a couple of weeks ago. It made it but in very limited numbers.

21. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

It could be the announcement in December and then the actual release sometime next year. There's still plenty of time.
    After all, tomorrow is Wild Life's birthday, and no doubt MPL is thinking about that too.

My guess is that, with the supply chains still screwed up, there's a discussion as to release dates for many albums — and this one might drop suddenly in a digital version like other albums, in which case there's far less lead up required. The others with connections to insiders might have more info.

22. EmceeEscher

EmceeEscher Forum Resident

If there's a book involved with the last iteration of McCartney III, they may want to space it out some distance from the release of The Lyrics. The plan might have always been to wait till after Grammy nominations to know if that factors in or not...We might see announcement and pre-orders in Jan, with product arriving in March or April. If III wins a Grammy (or two) on Jan 31, they can include that nugget on the hype stickers and promos in the Spring.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  23. ...and release the special grammy color edition!

24. EmceeEscher

EmceeEscher Forum Resident

Question would be, what color is left :laugh:

But seriously, I think any further edition of McCartney III will include additional material. Perhaps collecting the four disparate demos from those CDs, a couple more demos, and maybe a new unreleased track or two in order to create a 2LP version of McCartney III. Shoot, maybe what many speculated, a Paul x Taylor Swift collaboration, will finally materialize.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  25. calluses

calluses Forum Resident

Grammy Gold